Away Match Build Up 22/02/2022 L1: Crewe Alexandra v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me being a pessimist, or do other Oxford fans see stats like Crewe's last six games and think we are gonna be the team that Crewe get a win against. I swear we are the club other clubs beat when they are on terrible form!!
Not just you, it is standard for us yellows!

It's because those concessionary rates for home fans are based on having a membership (said prices in brackets on their price list) - that's what I was told when I queried right back when the first ticket news piece came out.

If a home fan who was a student/17-19 doesn't have a membership, they are charged the full whack.
I didn't believe the person who told me, but they were adamant and if you try and book in the stand along the side of the goal on their ticketing site, it only offers you Adult/12-16 and U11, so it does match what I was told.

In terms of 60/65 differences, this is something I've noticed a few grounds, even with similar facilities offered. Always been some getaround clause.

Ah Mr Captainox, you are right, I've had another look, the concession prices on their price list , yes they are in brackets (which means membership). The lady in ticket office wasn't aware of that differential.
All a bit crafty and naughty that. Yet again the EFL should tighten up on such loose wording in the clauses. I really should look at the technicality of the wording and brackets more closely. I now see on Crewe website OAP's are called "Senior (60+)" and for away fans they are called "Over 65's" so I assume "different wording for same categories" are allowed different prices. So shithousery has even entered the world of ticket pricing.

Very, very optimistic about these next two games, that 0-4 at Charlton ( heaviest home defeat since 2010 for them )
will have been like hitting the motherlode in terms of confidence for our lot.

Would not be surprised that this time next week we have plus 6 points and be somewhere between 6/9 goals better off.

Not sure you can tell anything much from how we last played. I remember we played absolutely brilliantly against Wimbledon, then struggled to draw at home to Cheltenham, and lost the following two.

Ffs, what will be will be.
The surface will no doubt be crap and not suited to our style .
But
I’m going and hoping for a win.

If the team is the same as Saturday and the same shape and system then I will be confident of a good win.

Ffs, what will be will be.
The surface will no doubt be crap and not suited to our style .
But
I’m going and hoping for a win.
I think the 3-5-2 (if that’s what it is) suits a more scrappy game or worse pitch more as with two up top, long balls cleared forwards suddenly are more dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom