Away Match Build Up 22/02/2022 L1: Crewe Alexandra v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Despite the sad news Saturday evening the season goes on.

The mighty Yellows visit Crewe Alexander, a club with football troubles.
They have lost there last 6 games conceding 14 and scoring 2.
If we don't win this one then we should give up hopes of promotion.

But I'm confident that another 3 points will be obtained in Railway City.
Score? Many to 1 for the lads in yellow (or blue/white, or black)

Last 6 meetings
19 Mar 2011Oxford United v Crewe AlexandraW2-1League Two
03 Sep 2011Crewe Alexandra v Oxford UnitedL3-1League Two
14 Jan 2012Oxford United v Crewe AlexandraL0-1League Two
17 Nov 2020Oxford United v Crewe AlexandraL0-2League One
10 Apr 2021Crewe Alexandra v Oxford UnitedW0-6League One
17 Aug 2021Oxford United v Crewe AlexandraW1-0League One

Last edited by a moderator:
cautiously optimistic for a, narrow, not as easy as expected, win

though play like we did at Charlton, and the goals for column could potentially get a bit of a boost

Their game was a late postponement (just before 2pm) on Saturday, given the weather since, tomorrow could be at risk.

If it happens, then an early goal would be ideal. Expect to see Agyei start and be up for it.

I can’t see any reason to change the formation or the personnel. Certainly no player deserves to be dropped; but I suppose it will depend on fitness and any knocks etc, and important to keep Saturday in mind as well, only four days later.

It’s annoying there aren’t 5 subs this season as it would have been nice to rest a few more at 3/4 nil up on Saturday. Still, hopefully everyone will be available, maybe with Brown in for McNally, which wouldn’t be the worst thing given Brown looked ok when he came on (he’s a bit dodgy defensively but has a decent raking crossfield ball in him) and Long is technically a right-sided player anyway.

If we can get a win, however it may come, it will set us up nicely for Saturday. A draw would be acceptable if we win the next two…

352 same formation

McNally out?

Stevens
Moore Mousinho Long
Sykes Kane Brannagan Williams
Whyte
Taylor Baldock

I would really like to see us play in yellow and blue for this one. A win of course, the players are more than capable of getting that, but this game, I would like to see our colours.

Weather looks to be drying out. Some showers tomorrow morning but, with a bit of luck it should be ok. Have to hope that the players are able to deal with a heavier pitch and can deal with probably a less than ideal passing surface.
On form, we should brush them aside, the reality is that we will need to be at our best and exercise caution. Don't want another Accrington.

Weather looks to be drying out. Some showers tomorrow morning but, with a bit of luck it should be ok. Have to hope that the players are able to deal with a heavier pitch and can deal with probably a less than ideal passing surface.
On form, we should brush them aside, the reality is that we will need to be at our best and exercise caution. Don't want another Accrington.
seconded

Surely Brown instead of Mous?

He just doesn’t fill with any confidence Brown.

I think Mousinho if fit (played full game I think the other day v Cardiff u23), perfect game for him away at bottom of league on a Tuesday night.

Crewe’s pitch at 2pm last Saturday where the Portsmouth game was called off late
with fans outside the stadium ready to go in with some Pompey fans there from the Isle of Wight.

FL-KWWDX0AIkbE1

Apart from Luke Murphy this is a very young Crewe side. The Railywaymen lost 0-2 at Wigan but were in the game.

FLqLdoaXwAIjzHY

I'd take a 1-0 right now. Get the job done, no injuries and get home for the Cambridge game with two clean sheets in a week.

Hey - we could batter them, we could end up on the wrong side of a 2-0. Just get the result.

I hope we can keep the same line-up as Saturday. If the game is on and we play the same line-up, we should beat them convincingly. If we don't, then we do not deserve promotion.

Crewe’s pitch at 2pm last Saturday where the Portsmouth game was called off late
with fans outside the stadium ready to go in with some Pompey fans there from the Isle of Wight.

FL-KWWDX0AIkbE1
It was still raining at that point. Artell moaning that "we know our pitch" and "know that it would have dried out if he'd waited" seem about right for him. Not a chance one man with a push-along squeedgy roller was going to get that ready in an hour.

He just doesn’t fill with any confidence Brown.

I think Mousinho if fit (played full game I think the other day v Cardiff u23), perfect game for him away at bottom of league on a Tuesday night.
So selecting the aged Mousinho over someone who has played in the Championship this season and whom you've seen play less than a handful of times? I'm surprised.

Despite the sad news Saturday evening the season goes on.

The mighty Yellows visit Crewe Alexander, a club with football troubles.
They have lost there last 6 games conceding 14 and scoring 2.
If we don't win this one then we should give up hopes of promotion.

But I'm confident that another 3 points will be obtained in Railway City.
Score? Many to 1 for the lads in yellow (or blue/white, or black)

Last 6 meetings
19 Mar 2011Oxford United v Crewe AlexandraW2-1League Two
03 Sep 2011Crewe Alexandra v Oxford UnitedL3-1League Two
14 Jan 2012Oxford United v Crewe AlexandraL0-1League Two
17 Nov 2020Oxford United v Crewe AlexandraL0-2League One
10 Apr 2021Crewe Alexandra v Oxford UnitedW0-6League One
17 Aug 2021Oxford United v Crewe AlexandraW1-0League One
I will be there supporting crewe alex. I hope there is applause and celebration of the player and person that joey beauchamp was. I was lucky enough to see him many times as I would go and watch oxford as a relation of Denis Smith. I will certainly join in appreciation of a fantastic player.

Their game was a late postponement (just before 2pm) on Saturday, given the weather since, tomorrow could be at risk.

If it happens, then an early goal would be ideal. Expect to see Agyei start and be up for it.
Many felt the game should have gone ahead on Saturday apart from the officials. Should be fine for Tuesday fingers crossed 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom