Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Anderson

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Wildschut

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poorest United side for years, this team is worse than the one Clotet constructed.

Time to get use to the realisation that we will be playing Swindon next season.
As bad as the 2005/6 side

Whoever was letting it be the Karl Robinson show needs to own up and leave the building. Sticking with Karl for so long has ultimately cost us league one status unless a miracle happens.

Let's hope they are sensible with pricing of season tickets for next season and the marketing improves because I can see crowds dwindling considerably in league 2 bar the Swindon game.
I heard @bazzer9461 in Radox and agree with everything he said
Exactly what you say here @OX14
I think the writing is on the wall, no fault of Manning but you can’t polish a turd
When the inevitable happens the first two out of the door should be Ferguson and Wiliams
How can they lead the push for season tickets when they are the reason we got relegated. Their ineptitude in not getting rid of Robinson before the January window is gross negligence and should be treated as such 😡

Cambridge are picking up way too many points, nervous times
Can you change your profile pic please?!?

If I have to see that pathetic useless waste of space's face every time you post a comment, I'm gonna end up putting my fist through the screen!

There is NEVER no hope. Ridiculous comment.
We need a win. We need a break- a lucky goal like Accrington scored after Stevens threw it in his own net
Things don't look great but that was a good second half performance against a Top 6 side.
Let's win Tuesday

You're right. A scuffed shot, a deflection, an own goal, a huge slice of luck - anything right now.

We've not been good, but we've had absolutely no breaks and something, anything has to go our way soon.

There's always hope.

Yes

but WTF did Derby see in Mark Thomas he has to be equally held account for the last 3 crap transfer windows.
Mark Thomas has nothing to prove at all, he was here for years when we were signing the likes of Roofe and Lundstram in League 2 as well as a conveyor belt of talent under Appleton and the early Robinson years. If the manager refuses your recommendations because he already knows a go there's only so much you can do.

Just got back and haven’t read all the posts but I’m feeling so bloody frustrated tonight. I can’t believe the ref didn’t send their keeper off?! I’m willing to bet a lot of money on him sending Eastwood off without a moment’s hesitation if it had happened at the other end. The ref was aweful and, as Manning said, very arrogant.

But for all that, and our second half dominance, we never really looked like scoring did we…

Maybe we just need a streaky flukes one to go in for us. TW has overseen an absolute s**t show and should offer his resignation. He got his head turned by KR’s bullshit and enjoyed being his best mate. The decision to allow Matty Taylor to leave was the final straw. Hang your heads in shame Williams - and Ferguson , this if he even knows how we’re doing.

I thought Moore, Brown, McGuane, Browne and Joseph all played well. Fleming was also busy and deserves to stay in the team. Goodrham did well in the second half, wanting the ball all the time.

I think I’d go 3:4:3 against Pompey

Eastwood
Long, Moore, Brown
Anderson, McGuane, Brannagan, Fleming
Joseph, Smith, Browne.

Biggest bottle job I've seen in years from the ref, but would it really have made a difference?
Our forwards had numerous chances today (24 shots, I believe) and did one of three things - 1) hit the goalie in the midriff, 2) hit row Z, 3) missed the ball entirely.
The quality of our finishing today, and indeed all season, was utterly utterly woeful. Not sure that playing against ten would have changed that.

Not sure what exactly LM can do to fix that. He's got the team organized; maybe he just needs to bin positional training in the next couple of days in favour of non-stop shooting practise.
Suspect that last thought had already crossed his mind not that they haven't been doing that

looked and were a different team when Goodrham came on- granted young Tyler did nothing outstandingly spectacular, but the slight tweak with him coming on made a huge difference for the entire team. 2nd half there was only one team in it - shame that again there were no goals scored by anyone in yellow

a striker coach as well as a DoF .... along with replacement senior board members to replace absent Fergerson and Dim Tim Williams should be at the top of our distant owners backroom priorities iMO

Why aren't we angry and up for it from the get-go? Why wait for a terrible refereeing decision or goal against to galvanise us?
We seem to start as nervous as kittens, terrified of conceding- which makes it inevitable that we will. Manning needs to get them fired up from the start, and with a clear plan of how to score a goal, that doesnt involve long hoofs or Ciaron Brown taking them all on.

I wonder if Smith may start. Certainly come on if we need a goal
It is a little odd that he hasn't played yet other than a few minutes
Not sure. He doesn’t seem to fancy him even when chasing a game with minutes to go. But he’s probably the most ‘qualified’ goal scorer we have.

He’s got to try something different. Goodrham will start on Tuesday. I personally think a lot could be achieved with Smyth in the holding role and let Brannagan try and make something happen for us. McGuane was back to his best today but isn’t much of anything in the final third. He’s got to roll the dice on Tuesday and go for the game from the start, not wait until the pressure is on.

There is NEVER no hope. Ridiculous comment.
We need a win. We need a break- a lucky goal like Accrington scored after Stevens threw it in his own net
Things don't look great but that was a good second half performance against a Top 6 side.
Let's win Tuesday
Screenshot_2023-04-15-18-13-45-21_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

We seem to start as nervous as kittens, terrified of conceding- which makes it inevitable that we will. Manning needs to get them fired up from the start, and with a clear plan of how to score a goal, that doesnt involve long hoofs or Ciaron Brown taking them all on.

Doesn't matter how much you fire them up this lot of players can't play as a team effectively. This lot couldn't beat half of the NLN or NLS clubs. It's embarrassing this season how far we've fallen.

No, he doesn't need to be held to account, as he couldn't do anything about it.
It was the Karl Robinson show, and Thomas left because he couldn't do his job properly.
Not according to Chris Williams he has to have identified the target for that idiot to look at saying yes, but if what you say is true then the owners need to act and sack the useless board pair of wankers they are.

Last edited:
If we’d attacked them in the first half like we did the second, we wouldn’t have lost.

Again: we won’t draw our way out of this.

Thankfully, Manning seemed to acknowledge that in the post match.

Try to win on Tuesday.
No you’re right we would have drawn 0-0 as we haven't anyone capable of scoring.

Surely we have shown enough on that second half display to get the points we need to stay up.
Need a bit more consistency, energy, commitment and a large dose of luck.
How about we score a goal. We are pathetic in and around the penalty box.
It really amazes me when people on Match threads are predicting a win by 3 or 4 goals. We haven’t got it in us. What we have to hope for is a couple or three 1-0 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom