• Draw

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Bolton

Votes: 19 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We also haven’t won for 14 games and we are in a relegation battle, have only scored one goal from open play in the last 4 games as well.

Maybe we don’t need to change the team but we do need to be better going forward, however we achieve that, because we are not going to draw our way to safety.

Also, call me mental here, I would actually like to see us win a game at some point, greedy as that is after nearly 3 months without achieving it.
I totally agree. The good news is we are looking difficult to break down. The 4 points we picked up just recently are welcome. That stupid late goal against Morecambe very frustrating. I live in hope for us to surprise everyone by winning Saturday

Enormous pressure on the Wanderers in this game and none of us Bolton fans know who will start or how we'll perform.
After the sheer joy of winning the Pizza Cup in style we realised we are still in with a chance of the playoffs - and the stylish play went out of the window.
A combination of injuries to 2 of the back 3, unexpected team selections/wholesale changes to the starting 11 from Evatt and a bit of a Wembley hangover has all meant that we haven't been able to play with anything like the fluency we had against Argyle.
Now it's got to the point where if anyone at the club is still entertaining thoughts of the playoffs we can't afford to drop any more points and your lot have suddenly become very resilient.
We wait with bated breath to see what our starting team will be at the weekend and whether or not Evatt has managed to get us back to anything like our best - but you'll be pleased to know we haven't been on it since Wembley.

Enormous pressure on the Wanderers in this game and none of us Bolton fans know who will start or how we'll perform.
After the sheer joy of winning the Pizza Cup in style we realised we are still in with a chance of the playoffs - and the stylish play went out of the window.
A combination of injuries to 2 of the back 3, unexpected team selections/wholesale changes to the starting 11 from Evatt and a bit of a Wembley hangover has all meant that we haven't been able to play with anything like the fluency we had against Argyle.
Now it's got to the point where if anyone at the club is still entertaining thoughts of the playoffs we can't afford to drop any more points and your lot have suddenly become very resilient.
We wait with bated breath to see what our starting team will be at the weekend and whether or not Evatt has managed to get us back to anything like our best - but you'll be pleased to know we haven't been on it since Wembley.
Don’t worry, your fortunes for the better will return on Saturday as we cannot score in open play for toffee!

Cometh the hour Cometh the team .Come on Liam shoot shoot shoot show them pictures of a goal and tell them where it is. 2-0 Saturday let's get points on the board.
It's not too late to get some large arrows made up like these fans did when their team went through a dry spell...

f7401f7c5aa9c84fe3d2b85b6858b76f.jpg

@OUSP Secretary @OxVox

Are any of the football special buses (OX3 the one that goes through Botley) affected by the Botley Road closure? If so, are the pick up times changing?
good question .... not 100% on this (as its early days on botley rd closure - for 6 months) , but I read or heard in the last day or so that buses were dropping off passengers one side of the station bridge- passengers were walking under the bridge to then get on a bus to continue their journey- and doing the reverse on the return. That said, football specials are a different entity to usual bus schedules

You can rest assured that we are still shite.

good question .... not 100% on this (as its early days on botley rd closure - for 6 months) , but I read or heard in the last day or so that buses were dropping off passengers one side of the station bridge- passengers were walking under the bridge to then get on a bus to continue their journey- and doing the reverse on the return. That said, football specials are a different entity to usual bus schedules
Yes, that's the plan for the duration.

We also haven’t won for 14 games and we are in a relegation battle, have only scored one goal from open play in the last 4 games as well.

Maybe we don’t need to change the team but we do need to be better going forward, however we achieve that, because we are not going to draw our way to safety.

Also, call me mental here, I would actually like to see us win a game at some point, greedy as that is after nearly 3 months without achieving it.

I agree....we have scored 7 goals in our last 12 games. Even if we managed six 0-0 draws, I don't think that would be good enough to keep us up.
I am also not pushing for a gun-ho approach and rip up the good defensive work, but we need to start building some confidence going forward and defend a little more from the front. Playing Brannagan a little further forward I believe would achieve this, and hopefully provide more opportunities for Murphy and Brown (or whoever out wide).

I do feel a little for Murphy because he is fed very little (although with his experience and pedigree I did expect him to create more out of nothing).

HHHHUUUGGGGEEE GGAAMMEE BBIIGGEESSTT SINCE WILDER WON AT WEMBLEY. 1-0 Will do 😊😊😊😚

The Jack FM offer has been around for a few home games, definitely existed for the first home game of the season v Cambridge, and the Derby game. Would assume others as well. Does seem to be a stumble upon it kind of thing though.

So, who is definitely fit for the weekend

Eastwood, McGinty

Brown, Findlay, Fleming, Golding, Long

Brannagan, Johnson, McGuane, Smyth

Browne, Goodrham, Joseph, Konate (lol), Murphy, Wildschut

O'Donkor, Smith

So 19 including 2 keepers, an 18 year old who hasn't played a league minute and a loanee not seen for 2 months.

Doubts: Anderson, Moore

Out: Baldock, Bodin, Gorrin, Henry, Negru

Johnson? Have forgotten him has he featured yet? Pizza cup? Seriously short in defence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom