Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: GOD

• SUB: Smyth

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • SUB: Mills

• Total voters
Joey Barton reminds me a lot of Karl Robinson. His pre and post-match interviews were very rambly and odd. Flapping around like a hysterical, high-pitched loon on the touchline. A team featuring fragile, ageing star players who are the ‘best in the league’ and ‘you’ll see why we signed them’ if they could just play 90 minutes. Lots of deflection on any possible criticisms after the game. Unsurprisingly given his history, he’s a very dislikeable character!

I was going to come on here and say more or less the exact same thing. His post match interview gave me horrible flashbacks to countless occasions where Robinson would stress that we were the better team and bemoan some sort of unfairness, when the reality was we had flattered to deceive for 90 mins, huffed and puffed, but ultimately failed to create many (if any) quality chances and been quite easily opened up on several occasions at the back.

Cry more, Joey.

I was going to come on here and say more or less the exact same thing. His post match interview gave me horrible flashbacks to countless occasions where Robinson would stress that we were the better team and bemoan some sort of unfairness, when the reality was we had flattered to deceive for 90 mins, huffed and puffed, but ultimately failed to create many (if any) quality chances and been quite easily opened up on several occasions at the back.

Cry more, Joey.
Barton is a tw*t but Rovers were very good and but for Beadle would have drawn/won

Barton is a tw*t but Rovers were very good and but for Beadle would have drawn/won

Their keeper made some decent saves in the second half, Harris should of scored when mills squared it, Murphy missing his chance.

First half Rovers were the better team but our goal was the real quality of the half.

Second half we could of put them to the sword if we took our chances.

Maybe I'm looking at it through yellow tinted glasses but I thought both our red cards were harsh today. Smyth's first yellow was very soft. Admittedly he sort of got in the way of the freekick momentarily, but it wasn't as though he stood right in front of the ball for an extended period or kicked it away. I understand why the second yellow was given, but again it did feel harsh. He barely kicked the ball 10 yards and it looked to me as though he was already in the kicking motion of when the ref blew the whistle.

Mills' was a bit of a lunge but a) he won the ball, b) it wasn't from behind, c) he wasn't over the ball. Even the ooh-arriest of Rovers fans would have to admit a red was very, very harsh. Agree with others though that any appeal is unlikely to be successful (just because that seems to be how it works.

FWIW I thought their Brown's first booking was a tad harsh. They were losing at that point so not as though he was wasting time. The second was a yellow. Whether or not he actually caught Murphy is irrelevant; Murphy got to the ball before him and had to evade the incoming challenge at full speed. No contact doesn't always = no foul.

The ref was random as f**k. He let Jack Hunt decide to catch the ball and stop play for a 'head injury' whilst under pressure from two of our players. One minute he was applying rules to the absolute letter of the law, the next he seemed quite happy to overlook certain indiscretions (by both teams). From the SSU, I thought it was a foul on Mills prior to their goal. It was v weak from Mills and he had to play to the whistle, but that doesn't mean it's not a foul.

Great win - so good to beat Rovers at home for a change. We were pretty poor in the first half but had more than enough chances throughout the game to put them away. Beadle, McGuane, Brown, Moore, Mills - all quality. Stevens is also looking really good, I'm surprised he was taken off instead of Long. And of course, the officiating was absolutely horrendous.

Overall an exciting match to watch and a massive 3 points. The only negatives I'd say is that our discipline is quite poor and I don't think Mark Harris is good enough. I'd like to see us bring in another centre forward at some point.
Right side was being absolutely ripped shreeds long was struggling with Collins big time. Stevens is loose defensively when the ball is on the opposite side.

He is, that’s true. But personal dislike aside, I commend what he’s done with that team and that was a more impressive win today than I expected it would be. They’ve improved each time we’ve played them and today was the most I’d ever seen his Rovers side actually play for the 3 points rather than thieve it. They also remained very level headed when it would’ve been very easy to start blowing lids, particularly with a referee who wanted this to be his day.

I make them ones to watch for the play offs. I would not fancy them over two legs or a one-off at a neutral venue. Of the teams we’ve played expecting to be near the top, I thought they looked the most balanced side that’s a decent window away from a charge. They need to hold on to Collins.

Saying all that, as good as they were, we beat them on an off-day without some of our main firepower. First goal was fantastic, we’re a threat from set pieces and Murphy’s chance just showed how quickly we can split a good side open and why we’ll always be in games this season.

And if we didn’t have Harris, Derby would have won.

Having a goalkeeper isn’t cheating.
Er no. But having an outstanding keeper helps and Rovers were very good
Not suggesting for one moment it was cheating!

It was 5-0. Wright and Creighton went. I fell asleep in the car on the way back and my chewing gum had fallen out of my mouth and into my hand. A f*****g shitshow of a day.
Isn’t that… good though? You can wash the chewing gum smell of your hand. If it sticks on the car though…

The analogy is confusing.

Isn’t that… good though? You can wash the chewing gum smell of your hand. If it sticks on the car though…

The analogy is confusing.
Tell you what, you fall asleep with it in your hand and let me know how chuffed you are in the morning, when it’s all sticky and there’s white goo stuck to your palm, not to mention in between your fingers.

I don’t think that’s funny.

Tell you what, you fall asleep with it in your hand and let me know how chuffed you are in the morning, when it’s all sticky and there’s white goo stuck to your palm, not to mention in between your fingers.

I don’t think that’s funny.
Ah. That sort of gum. Yes, horrible business.

They were in the lead against the run of play in their own stadium, where we’re told they’ve got their tail up, but I think we showed who strongest group is.

“Oxford are a good side on a good run, but they’re no way near as good as us.”

The Scouse thug is deluded yes his team played well yes maybe the deserved a point but reality is we got all 3 we are one point of the top of the league

They were in the lead against the run of play in their own stadium, where we’re told they’ve got their tail up, but I think we showed who strongest group is.

“Oxford are a good side on a good run, but they’re no way near as good as us.”

The Scouse thug is deluded yes his team played well yes maybe the deserved a point but reality is we got all 3 we are one point of the top of the league

When we're 3 up in the return game, please can we start a chant of:
"We're nowhere near as good you!"

Back
Top Bottom