Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: GOD

• SUB: Smyth

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • SUB: Mills

• Total voters
As soon as we changed back to a 4-2-3-1 we were the better side. My only two gripes are that we looked like we thought we could stop running after going 2-0 up and kept turning the ball over in dangerous positions.

Always going to be a tough game as they always raise it for their fans on their big day out.

Anyone who thinks Mills red card was deserved only has to look at the reaction a minute later from the Rovers number 6, waving in a taunting celebration to the crowd that he’d got him sent off and escaped a 2nd yellow himself, which seemed likely from his reaction to the challenge.

A red for Mills was not surprising from an incompetent official but the Rovers player knew he’d got away with a potential red himself and done a job on the Oxford player!
I think the reaction of their playing was telling in that his first instinct was to get the ball back into play after the tackle and not roll around - hinting that he perhaps thought it was a fair tackle and the ball was won.

I also agree you cant make those challenges now. Tough one.

That was some atmosphere in the ground today. Rovers the best side I've seen us play at the Kassam this season and if it weren't for Beadle we could of lost that.

Ref was bloody awful, worse than the referee for the Port Vale game. Proper battle of a game that and my only concern is the discipline of certain players. Smyth was bloody stupid and can't see him getting on the bench again, Mills challenge was a stupid one too and can see why that was a red.

Still 5 points clear of 3rd place Barnsley with a game in hand is a dream at this stage in the season.

A tap is still kicking the ball away, idiotic from Smyth
Looking at the replay, there was nothing in it. But.... that late in the game and having only been booked minutes before, it's a silly decision to touch, tap or kick it away.

I think the second yellows for both Brown and Smyth were fair enough. The first bookings were unnecessary and the ref being over officious
Yes I was only basing it on the three red cards being issued which I think were all reasonably given.

I can’t actually remember the initial bookings for Brown and Smyth - the ref certainly loved a card, so wouldn’t be surprised if they were soft.

when we play 5 at the back are left side with brown and Leigh is strong but are otherside everything comes down need to strengthen up Down that side
Brown and Leigh are spot on , not a lot comes that wat
Manning talks about discipline, but 4 sending offs in 6 home games is not good.
Somebody texted to me that the game management of some of the younger players today was very poor.

Have said that, Mannings decision to move to 4 at the back and to bring on Mills changed the game in the second half. It was a teriffic 3 points against a very good team ( the best I have seen against us this season) and 27 points in 11 games is a great start
have to give Barton some credit, down 1 man and go 2 2 upfront.
Mills was awful for the goal
We won’t meet better teams than them, but we’ll need to be better

That Ryan interview. 'Their player dived ..
...but it looked like a foul in real time'. Yes because it was a foul.

Whilst ignoring Collins throwing himself down in the penalty area in the first half when there wasn't a challenge. He was a right moany sod and I think lucky he didn't get sent off himself as he got booked for dissent but still carried on moaning constantly afterwards at the Ref.

We deliberately missed a hatful of chances second half and went down to nine men to give them a chance and they still couldn’t score more than us. Apparently that’s how games are won. Play as well as you like but don’t take your chances and all you’re left with are memories of what might have been.
You are Karl Robinson and I claim my £10

Weird to think we've had two sent off twice already this season. I can't actually recall the previous time we were down to nine players in a match - can anyone enlighten me?

Back
Top Bottom