Away Match Day Thread +++ 06/11/2018 Wycombe Wanderers V OUFC +++

Young uns tend to play with no fear ....maybe kr should give some of em some league minutes ?

To be fair it was the first team players who really stood out although most played well. Brannagan, Whyte and Browne all had great games. The latter two were fantastic and really tore them apart. Ruffles had a good game too. Brannagan looks so much better with the licence to push forward.
I have to say Raglan looked the more composed of the central defenders. Garbutt looks more effective, Norman has potential but keeps running into walls and turning back rather than taking his man on. Mitchel's distribution was better, Smith worked hard and looks like he may come good if he continues to improve. Would like to have seen more of Bradbury as he gives us something different. He is a real unit but is pretty mobile. Worth a place on the bench on Saturday I think. All very positive really.

Really pleased about this - Raglan got a chance and put in a strong reminder to the management that he is still around, Smith got a chance to lead the line and got a goal, couple of other fringe players got a decent run-out, another youngster Heap made his debut, Bradbury as well, and between him and Smith (and Spasov in the U18s the other day), showed that we have no need to bring in a devisive influence like Ranger before January.

Anyone know when the Round 2 draw will be made? I know there are some Round 1 games to be finished up.

I couldn't find that info on the EFL Trophy website.

Think they have to find a week when Man City under 13s are free before they firm up dates.

Good win, no injuries and minutes for some fringe players, so yesterday went as well as could be hoped. No need to go to overboard as we beat high Wycombe reserves (didn’t realise they were inviting Sunday league as well kids teams into it) but the main thing was to get the confidence back after throwing away 2 points and keep a decent run going.

To be fair it was the first team players who really stood out although most played well. Brannagan, Whyte and Browne all had great games. The latter two were fantastic and really tore them apart. Ruffles had a good game too. Brannagan looks so much better with the licence to push forward.
I have to say Raglan looked the more composed of the central defenders. Garbutt looks more effective, Norman has potential but keeps running into walls and turning back rather than taking his man on. Mitchel's distribution was better, Smith worked hard and looks like he may come good if he continues to improve. Would like to have seen more of Bradbury as he gives us something different. He is a real unit but is pretty mobile. Worth a place on the bench on Saturday I think. All very positive really.
I hope he is not on the bench, as he played for Woking in earlier round and cup tied!

We were superb, seemingly not needing to get out of third gear. WW were awful. Their goalkeeper thought he was Bruce Grobbular(sp).
Garbutt, Raglan, Smith and others, did really well to put themselves I the mind of KR. Whilst it’s good to see youth given the chance to shine, I can’t figure out why the core of 5/6 players that were bought specifically for the new U23 team in the summer, a team with a good start to the season, aren’t appearing in these cup matches or on first team matches benches.

Anyone know when the Round 2 draw will be made? I know there are some Round 1 games to be finished up.

I couldn't find that info on the EFL Trophy website.

Possibly a day or two after the last group stage matches on 14th November? That gives plenty of time ahead of round 2 in the week of 3rd December.

Back
Top Bottom