Away Match Day Thread +++ 15/09/2018 Wycombe W v OUFC match day thread +++

All this talk of lovely passing and chances created reminds me of talk on here in Peps early days when i first started to get my grumpy reputation.

Except we were actually accumulating points then to give ourselves a buffer.

Its very worrying. We are always capable of taking a total pasting. And cant score/win when on top.
A bad combination and one im not sure Robbo can address.

All this talk of lovely passing and chances created reminds me of talk on here in Peps early days when i first started to get my grumpy reputation.

Its very worrying. We are always capable of taking a total pasting. And cant score/win when on top.

Appleton was well known for his 'tippy tappy' football throughout his time at the club. It took him a while for it to work too.

I'd say we have been well beaten twice this season, once by Barnsley who should and will IMO win this league and Pompey who are top of the league and have dropped 4 points all season. We should of done better against Fleetwood, beaten Accrington, got a point against Coventry and beaten Wycombe.

At the same point last season we had scored just 5 more goals than we have so far, less than 1 goal a game. At the other end we had conceded 8 goals, 9 less than this season.

I would suggest keeping out the goals is a bigger problem than scoring right now. IMO it is forgotten how important Eastwood is to the team as with him in goal I don't think we concede some of the goals we have been. Coventry being key example.

Can’t help but agree with that analysis.
We should have been given a goal against Wycombe. The first two bad defeats could be put down to the foundations still being laid for a new team.
We are starting to see very good signs. Henry is continuing to show why he is so good a player. Holmes looks to be a really sound player. Browne looks good. Not sure about Smith, and we are definitely missed Eastwood.
We need to go on a good run, and reignite confidence after some dismal results

PEP has us in the top 10 mate...heaven knows where we will be with the fat liverpudlian running the show

Can’t help but agree with that analysis.
We should have been given a goal against Wycombe. The first two bad defeats could be put down to the foundations still being laid for a new team.
We are starting to see very good signs. Henry is continuing to show why he is so good a player. Holmes looks to be a really sound player. Browne looks good. Not sure about Smith, and we are definitely missed Eastwood.
We need to go on a good run, and reignite confidence after some dismal results
Add in Carruthers who I’m sure will soon be showing what a huge miss he’s been.

Back
Top Bottom