Away Match Day Thread +++ 06/11/2018 Wycombe Wanderers V OUFC +++

A win is a win is a win, except in the silly trophy. But there are many positives to come out of the game from a player perspective

Man, we used to be lousy in the tinpot trophy - I remember five straight first round exits in the early 00s.

Now we can't stop winning matches in the ridiculous competition. Eh well.....I guess it's all good for confidence......

Whichever way you slice it, that's 9 goals in our last 3 games, only one of which was at home, all against L1 opposition. A corner has definitely been turned.

Ok. Been back for 30 minutes and able to reflect on what I just saw:
1. Worst Wycombe team I have ever seen. Truly pityful. This was summed up by their goalie taking far too long to take a goal kick when they were 3 down. Did they want to go out!?
2. Whyte is just class. Too good for Wycombe reserves and league 1 in general. We will be lucky to keep him beyond January. He and Nelson might be off.
3. Defence did ok. Still not convinced with dickie but he is gonna play more when Nelson moves on in the new year. Rags did ok. Garbutt adequate and Norman was solid.
4. Midfield bossed it. Wycombe could not compete. Brannigan did very well.
5. Smith did ok. Pleased he got a goal but he could have had more.
6. We were far too quick for them and they were weak physically.
7. Would have liked to have seen the younger boys on earlier.
8. Lee Bradbury and family were in the stand to watch their boy and he nearly got lucky. He’s a big lump of a player. Physical too. I would take a chance on him and throw him in the squad for Saturday.
9. Fans were quiet but there were not many of us.
10. Every has their opinion and I appreciate it’s a forum, however, with the exception of the U21 teams thus competition has served us well in the recent past and still represents the best opportunity of getting to Wembley....so don’t keep knocking it!!!

Goodnight jonboy...

Yeah was a good solid performance.
We pushed from start to finish, not something we have seen for sometime.
Lots of positives to build on .

Anyone know the home and away attendances at our game last night? KR praised our turnout in his post-match interview.

1313 in total, isn’t that an average attendance for the plucky non leaguers.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Decided to buy i-follow live. Pleased I did. Whilst Checkatrade is not a priority I cannot agree that matches in this should be disregarded. Great opportunity to involve fringe players and to assess them in competitive football and there are cash benefits. Was very i pressed with us. Wycombe made changes but after 45 they brought on another 3 regular first team players. We could have scored 6. Whyte and Browne were way to quick and tenacious for their defenders. I thought Dickie and Raglan did very well (Mitchell only had one save to make!). However, Brannagan was the outstanding player in my opinion. Creative, skilful, and a great engine. Becoming the player we hoped we had acquired. Very good to further enhance the confidence of the squad...and maybe even the more critical fans.

Ok. Been back for 30 minutes and able to reflect on what I just
2. Whyte is just class. Too good for Wycombe reserves and league 1 in general. We will be lucky to keep him beyond January. He and Nelson might be off.
Goodnight jonboy...
Somebody at Scunthorpe was suggesting that Whyte was by far the best player on the pitch.
I think that we will keep him in January, but it will be difficult in the summer.
With Nelson it will depend on any offers we get for him in January.

So the average age of the squad last night was 20.1 apparently. I agree with the poster above who said that this competition is good for blooding youngsters and giving the fringe players competitive football.
With the youngsters that is what Bradbury, Heap, Lopez, Spasov and James (plus Napa) who have played for the first team.

With the youngsters that is what Bradbury, Heap, Lopez, Spasov and James (plus Napa) who have played for the first team.

How telling that you forget to include Baptiste in that number! Already regarded as an established first-teamer in only three months.

(hopefully) our cup runneth over!

Really wish Bradbury had’ve gotten 30 mins last night though.

Wemberllleeeeee

Wemberlleeeeeeeee

Its the only time we go

when we get to Wemberrrrlllleeeee

:):):ROFLMAO:

How telling that you forget to include Baptiste in that number! Already regarded as an established first-teamer in only three months.

(hopefully) our cup runneth over!

Really wish Bradbury had’ve gotten 30 mins last night though.
Yep good point. Remembered Baptiste later.

Back
Top Bottom