Matches Three 10k's in a Row v Bolton

We have brought up exactly these points, and have been assured the announcement would go out over the tannoy when the attendance figures are given. That has not happened and we have again highlighted it ahead of this week. It WILL be in place this week, and you could reasonably assume it will be in place for most of the remaining matches.
We are due to meet with the safety officer and TVP and will raise a number of points relating to parking/gate and crowd issues. We have also pointed out the current system can actually increase mixing of crowds post-match. We are in touch with Amanda Jacks and others at the FSA for additional input. You are no doubt aware that throughout the league crowd behaviour has deteriorated hugely this season, and in that context any measures are unlikely to be lifted by police.
If you have any specific points to raise please email us ouspinfo@gmail.com as I don't come on here regularly so can miss tags.
Is there mutch point it announcing over the tannoy that the fence will be in place AFTER people have travelled and gone into the ground ?
NON-social media announcements - such as via Oxford Mail, Radio Oxford etc in advance of amatchday would be much more helpful in planning where to park etc , IF the need to make it bloody awkward by having the fence in place after a match is deemed neccessary.

Yet those same powers that be allow away and home fans to mix freely in the carpark at the fence end - which makes a total farce of the fence being there!!! , keep away fans back for ten mins IF its deemed to be, by the powers that be a cat A match is more logical and sensible

And make that damn fence redundant

I can’t see them putting it in the ox mail or on bbc radio tbh Sarge.
No reason though, it can’t be included in the pre match email, any one who buys the tickets should be on the database and would have provided an email so no excuse why anybody hasn’t seen as long as it’s on there. Putting it in the email plus a scheduled tweet/post posted on social media channels on the morning of the game.
Sounds like @OUSP Secretary have been asking the questions which is great and exactly the type of thing they were formed for, but the club have been a bit slow and haven’t actioned them yet.

Well I've purchased my tickets but just as the payment was going through ticket master site crashed. So no confirmation email or e tickets in an email but payment is pending in the bank and the seats aren't showing up as empty anymore. 🙄🙄🙄🙄 now the painful task of trying to get hold of someone in the ticket office

Well I've purchased my tickets but just as the payment was going through ticket master site crashed. So no confirmation email or e tickets in an email but payment is pending in the bank and the seats aren't showing up as empty anymore. 🙄🙄🙄🙄 now the painful task of trying to get hold of someone in the ticket office
Forget the seats. Just rock up to the back of the East Stand. Standing room only! Assured of a good welcome.

Forget the seats. Just rock up to the back of the East Stand. Standing room only! Assured of a good welcome.

I’ve not been in my ‘seat’ at the back of the East Stand for a few months now. I always stand but it’s getting busier in those rows so I’m usually about five to ten spaces from my actual seat. Not that it bothers me, comes with the territory.

theres (at least ) two very helpful ladies in the ticket office today ...I m not long back from getting my ticket for tomorrows* game from the ticket office

* edit- b****r! I meant Saturday'sgame

Last edited:
Mr Taylor has said via Twitter that’ll he take a look at this thread and respond accordingly..

theres (at least ) two very helpful ladies in the ticket office today ...I m not long back from getting my ticket for tomorrows game from the ticket office
They're not that helpful if they sold you a ticket for a game on Friday!!

All joking aside, the ticket office staff are often overlooked for recognition but are fantastic and have always been very helpful when I've needed to shuffle things around. Anyone looking to go on Saturday but unsure about anything, give the ticket office a call and I'm sure they'll help.

They're not that helpful if they sold you a ticket for a game on Friday!!

All joking aside, the ticket office staff are often overlooked for recognition but are fantastic and have always been very helpful when I've needed to shuffle things around. Anyone looking to go on Saturday but unsure about anything, give the ticket office a call and I'm sure they'll help.

Update

I emailed the ticket office and within an hour a very efficient Clare Hatch emailed back at sent the tickets to me by email.

Customer service has definitely improved since this same issue happened to me in 2019.

🙂

Just approaching 7,000 home sales, as of just now, so 300 sold since midnight.

If we end up at 7,200 before close of play tonight, and do 400 tomorrow and 400 on the day, that'll leave us at a total of 9,800. It may not pan out exactly like that (we may sell less today and more Saturday for instance), but at the moment a total attendance of 9,800 is my best guess.

Can’t knock the efforts of the club in attempting to maximise the crowds over the last few weeks.

However, I feel it a little embarrassing that we are punting the 10 figure with the helping of a sold out away end. Which is between 1400 - 1700.

People knock the conference days and whilst the Woking game as woeful. At least the crowd was in the most, made up of our own fans..
not exactly 3 or 4 thousand away fans is it,1700 is pretty minimal.

Just approaching 7,000 home sales, as of just now, so 300 sold since midnight.

If we end up at 7,200 before close of play tonight, and do 400 tomorrow and 400 on the day, that'll leave us at a total of 9,800. It may not pan out exactly like that (we may sell less today and more Saturday for instance), but at the moment a total attendance of 9,800 is my best guess.
..... my youngest and his partner plus 3 mates were considering going to Saturday's game, (it's my youngest lads birthday week- actual birthday yesterday), which, 4 of them arent Oxford supporters- 2 not even football supporters of any team, just my youngest lad being an occasional at games (mainly home ones), after Tuesday's away defeat the consensus was to do something else instead of travelling 45 miles each way for the game.... Fickle, yep, but also factual as to why 5 decided against going to the game. There's probably others who've made a similar call too after Tuesday, sadly

that said, fingers crossed a 10k crowd still might just about be achieved

Unless you live walking distance away what sporting event with 10,000 plus attending are you ever going to exit quickly from? Over Xmas took 2 hours to do a 35 minute drive back home from Twickenham after a rugby match. It’s just par for the course.

Some stadia are very efficient at allowing a crowd to disperse post match.
Leicester Tigers average is 18/19k and thats gone in under an hour by closing strategic junctions to pedestrian priority, using closed traffic lanes for coaches/buses (home & away) and being on several bus routes with a frequent service.

One of the benefits of being in the City.

Also provides a welcome boost to many venues pre and post match.

..... my youngest and his partner plus 3 mates were considering going to Saturday's game, (it's my youngest lads birthday week- actual birthday yesterday), which, 4 of them arent Oxford supporters- 2 not even football supporters of any team, just my youngest lad being an occasional at games (mainly home ones), after Tuesday's away defeat the consensus was to do something else instead of travelling 45 miles each way for the game.... Fickle, yep, but also factual as to why 5 decided against going to the game. There's probably others who've made a similar call too after Tuesday, sadly

that said, fingers crossed a 10k crowd still might just about be achieved
If, after the recent increase in attendances, there is an uptake in season ticket holders for next season, ( however small ),then all the promotion will have been worthwhile. North of 5000 will look impressive. A thank you for those on the Forum for all your efforts.

If, after the recent increase in attendances, there is an uptake in season ticket holders for next season, ( however small ),then all the promotion will have been worthwhile. North of 5000 will look impressive. A thank you for those on the Forum for all your efforts.

Do we have the exact number of
Season tickets that were purchased this season so we can compare in the summer this time round? Got to keep them dot counters busy in pre season 😜

Back
Top Bottom