There has to be something going on..

Very eloquent retort m well done, credit to the forum. Let’s just see where Tiger and his benelevent Oxford Utd loving chums have taken us in 12 months time. Hopefully it’ll still only be an option not a necessity.

Don't take personal offence, it wasn't aimed at you.

Nothing eloquent about my sentiments, eloquent words would be misleading.

And I'd argue that not meekly planning around the death of the club was of some credit to, and on, an OUFC forum.

@Sarge can't argue mate BUT this isn't about today. We've heard nothing from oxvox pretty much all year, at a crucial.and massively uncertain time. If they aren't doing anything, that's a concern. If they are doing something and giving members the mushroom treatment, that's a concern.

I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation but the problem with saying nothing is the uncertainty it creates. The odd "We've got big news" coming message doesn't work when that big news never comes.

He doesn’t give one. Also bear in mind what sort of people are in these hotels as they don’t give one either

I was referring to his personal posh £multi millions property, not business property although targeting Heythrop Park could be considered.

@Sarge can't argue mate BUT this isn't about today. We've heard nothing from oxvox pretty much all year, at a crucial.and massively uncertain time. If they aren't doing anything, that's a concern. If they are doing something and giving members the mushroom treatment, that's a concern.

I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation but the problem with saying nothing is the uncertainty it creates. The odd "We've got big news" coming message doesn't work when that big news never comes.

Fair comment @Jerome'SAle

New committee elected following the Oxvox agm..... now the hand over / transition of committee members functions (and holidays) have taken place, Id like to think there will be information flowing, hopefully more than it has done over the past couple of months, from Oxvox soonish ...I believe there's an Oxvox members meeting, with invited guest speakers, planned for the near future too .... which will give an oppertunity for Oxvox members to put all manner of questions to Oxvox committee members - and to invited guest speakers as well :)

Don't take personal offence, it wasn't aimed at you.

Nothing eloquent about my sentiments, eloquent words would be misleading.

And I'd argue that not meekly planning around the death of the club was of some credit to, and on, an OUFC forum.
No offence taken. Just to make my position clear. Getting to a point where I’d have to consider supporting any other incarnation of OUFC would break my heart and I hope that scenario NEVER comes to pass. But, I fear Tiger and his mates need to be watched very closely. Things could go horribly and irreversibly wrong before we know it. I hope Oxvox are keeping a wary and watchful eye if they’re party to information that the rest of us aren’t.

I was taking some time off posting on the forum but a quick question for you. The 2 people you mention were they the ones who sold the ground and moved etc because in that instance protest is pointless here as the 1 who owns the stadium doesn’t give a f**k in Monaco and whoever owns the club is operating with 1 arm tied behind their back. We all want a championship club but in our current position I’m afraid top half of league 1 is the best we can hope for.

Let’s all give up and go home then....

It's a case of what actually is Oxford United? For me, it's the badge, the colours, the memories and the fans.

I'd support a phoenix club, if that's what it came to. Perhaps, dare I say it, a joint venture with City. I don't trust the owner or the council to come to a solution on the ground, and ultimately (though perhaps not for another 10-15 years) the club is likely to collapse without its dignity, and with piles of debt.

I just want what Exeter has.

Let’s all give up and go home then....
But my question was did they own the club and ground which is different to our situation as I think now getting away from Kassam is our only option . Oh and by the way I live near a family of Coventry fans so know a bit about their protests and how far it isn’t getting them.

It's a case of what actually is Oxford United? For me, it's the badge, the colours, the memories and the fans.

I'd support a phoenix club, if that's what it came to. Perhaps, dare I say it, a joint venture with City. I don't trust the owner or the council to come to a solution on the ground, and ultimately (though perhaps not for another 10-15 years) the club is likely to collapse without its dignity, and with piles of debt.

I just want what Exeter has.
I agree: the badge, the fans, the colours, the memories. I would add to that the HOPE.
Hope is a massive part of any football fan's attachment to their club. In the best combination of circumstances our hope has to be that we can get into the Championship and stay there in competitive fashion.
Sounds crazy as things are right now, but hope is what keeps us going, whether of seeing some good football or just some battling spirit.

The big thing that is missing from the list above is 'the ground'. The Manor was a brilliant character of a football ground and very much part of the OUFC identity. When I take new people to the Kassam in the hopes of enthusing them, the stadium is a liability rather than an asset.

Like bashamwonderland I don't trust Kassam, Tiger or the council in any of this. But they still have to be dealt with in any future negotiations. At some point it might indeed be necessary to step aside and think laterally (a phoenix club...a merger and a fresh start).

I agree: the badge, the fans, the colours, the memories. I would add to that the HOPE.
Hope is a massive part of any football fan's attachment to their club. In the best combination of circumstances our hope has to be that we can get into the Championship and stay there in competitive fashion.
Sounds crazy as things are right now, but hope is what keeps us going, whether of seeing some good football or just some battling spirit.

The big thing that is missing from the list above is 'the ground'. The Manor was a brilliant character of a football ground and very much part of the OUFC identity. When I take new people to the Kassam in the hopes of enthusing them, the stadium is a liability rather than an asset.

Like bashamwonderland I don't trust Kassam, Tiger or the council in any of this. But they still have to be dealt with in any future negotiations. At some point it might indeed be necessary to step aside and think laterally (a phoenix club...a merger and a fresh start).
So just change the club you support? Go and support somebody else?
You may not trust the Council and Tiger.
BUT if they could get us a better ground (and goodness people have been moaning about the current one) then things could potentially be better.
Maybe it won't bit is this the time to be taking of dumping your club and supporting somebody else?
If you want to go and watch City then go and watch them.
Whoever suggested we merge with Oxford City? Ever think that the last thing they probably want is to merge with us?

I didn’t read your post but I saw everyone else liked it so I’ve liked it too

Rather than a separate club surely as a group of supporters we could put together a financially sound bid to buy the club? It would take a lot of hard work due the stadium issues etc but in principle it would be getting the club in the hands of the supporters. Exeter have done it, as have Chester (technically they had to start again), and so have Pompey.

So just change the club you support? Go and support somebody else?
You may not trust the Council and Tiger.
BUT if they could get us a better ground (and goodness people have been moaning about the current one) then things could potentially be better.
Maybe it won't bit is this the time to be taking of dumping your club and supporting somebody else?
If you want to go and watch City then go and watch them.
Whoever suggested we merge with Oxford City? Ever think that the last thing they probably want is to merge with us?
I'm talking about years further down the line if nothing constructive or progressive has happened. There may be other options by then. No need to put words in anyone's mouth.

What is required now is absolute integrity and clarity on the part of Oxford City Council and Oxfordshire County Council. They must remain firm on what they are facilitating. They need to consult independent financial expertise, legal and property experts. No more giving land away for a pittance, no more sweeping covenants aside. No more backside kissing for short term gain. If what they want is an all encompassing sports facility then that is what they should get. OUFC must own the stadium as a club and that must be enshrined in an absolute contract. No more shall the club be separated from ground. All income from the stadium must be the clubs. All use of the stadium shall be at the discretion of the club and at prices set by the club. If the parties involved that have the finance to construct then they should, of course, be allowed to make a profit from the use of the land but not at the expense of the people of Oxford or Oxfordshire. FK made them all look complete fools and still does. He ignores all legal threat and sits happily in Monaco oblivious to all.

Rather than a separate club surely as a group of supporters we could put together a financially sound bid to buy the club? It would take a lot of hard work due the stadium issues etc but in principle it would be getting the club in the hands of the supporters. Exeter have done it, as have Chester (technically they had to start again), and so have Pompey.
With respect, complete and utter fantasy.

It seems the damage has been done to the football club and it’s irreversible. It has nothing left to bargain with, no assets, nothing. The prospect of it ever owning its own ground again is pie in the sky unless a true fan wins the euro lottery or a rich benefactor suddenly emerges. As far as I can tell we have three options

1) The club suddenly backs down to FK, apologies for upsetting him, pay him everything he thinks is due, promise to be a good little boy from now on and hope the nice Mr Kassam let’s them stay at the sh#thole - I mean stadium - long term

2) Tiger puts together a rich group of businessmen who see a potential money making opportunity involving land, housing and leisure development- a sort of Kassam Stadium mk2 but hopefully to a bigger and better standard than Mk 1. Unfortunately the actual football club itself will just be a trivial, uninteresting side issue..

3) The councils provide a stadium for the club to play in, that will be an asset for the benefit of the local community. Hopefully the club would only have to pay a nominal rent but the profit making opportunities would be minimal at best. There would also be irate tax payers with no interest in OUFC to deal with.

What would most people choose?

Back
Top Bottom