So who should we approach or Interview ?

There are worse thoughts than that to contemplate. There is another team in the play off places who could swap divisions with us if we drop :eek:
The thought of L****, S****** AND Wy***** all coming up is almost enough to make me WANT to get relegated!!!!(not really, obviously) - but it is very rare that you's prefer a STeve Evans side to come up!

With one time fans favourite Paul simmo Simpson at the match Saturday, in Oxford for a dinner Saturday night, wonder if anyone from OUFC management side sounded him out as potential manager/head coach? Hes had some lower league management success as well as internationally with England young lions too, so he knows how to get the best out of younger players. Would be a decent appointment imo

With one time fans favourite Paul simmo Simpson at the match Saturday, in Oxford for a dinner Saturday night, wonder if anyone from OUFC management side sounded him out as potential manager/head coach? Hes had some lower league management success as well as internationally with England young lions too, so he knows how to get the best out of younger players. Would be a decent appointment imo

I know things can change and people don’t always mean what they say, but he sounded pretty emphatic in his half-time interview on Saturday that he’s enjoying his current role and the ongoing challenges and opportunities it brings.

He certainly wasn’t showing any ankle, that’s for sure!

I know things can change and people don’t always mean what they say, but he sounded pretty emphatic in his half-time interview on Saturday that he’s enjoying his current role and the ongoing challenges and opportunities it brings.

He certainly wasn’t showing any ankle, that’s for sure!
In his playing days Simmo was more likely to show a clean pair of heels :p

Simpson has always been a favourite with United fans. Love to have him here. I think he has a real empathy with the club. Trouble is, I could not bear it for him to fail, such a great bloke. For him to succeed.....well, that's another matter!!!!!!

He was in the lounge before the game, spoke really well and was sounded out about the job. Said he wanted to get back into club management at some point but was loving the England role and wanted to take them on to the next championship. Can't blame him really !

He was in the lounge before the game, spoke really well and was sounded out about the job. Said he wanted to get back into club management at some point but was loving the England role and wanted to take them on to the next championship. Can't blame him really !
Cheers for the inside info @headingtonutd head...... good to hear Simon was tapped up, shame (for us) he's not available. Hey ho

Cheers for the inside info @headingtonutd head...... good to hear Simon was tapped up, shame (for us) he's not available. Hey ho

Sorry I should point out he was sounded out by people in the lounge, not the club! He actually said he'd heard nothing from the club and had gone out of his way to call Faz and tell him so and ask him if he'd rather not have him do his appearance so as not to start rumours.

Sorry I should point out he was sounded out by people in the lounge, not the club! He actually said he'd heard nothing from the club and had gone out of his way to call Faz and tell him so and ask him if he'd rather not have him do his appearance so as not to start rumours.
Do we even know who actually is on the shortlist to become the next manager..?

Seems those fans & supporters in the lounge have more urgency about them regarding our lack of manager/head coach than the powers that be at OUFC than whoever is currently supposed to be steering the good ship OUFC!

• React
Reactions: MJB
If we go down, he won't get as much money for us. So in my opinion, it's in his interests for the club to stay up
You're assuming he wants to sell. What he wants is an investment "partner" but at the same time to remain in control. Most people who buy into a football club want to run the show. That's his dilemma. Relegation to League 2 and the need for a partner diminishes. I understand all that. My beef, and that of many others, is the complete lack of communication. All we want from him is an acknowledgement that he's still as committed to the club as ever, that stuff is or is not going on and he's sorting it. It's the drift and uncertainty that's quite understandably making people angry.

What I find strange is that we had a flurry of soundbites from DE a couple of weeks ago from nowhere, and now it's back to silence.

I think we count ourselves lucky we got them sound bites.

We’re always kept in the dark!

What I find strange is that we had a flurry of soundbites from DE a couple of weeks ago from nowhere, and now it's back to silence.
I agree - it just doesn't look like good business practice from someone who has been senior in business. And who as a football chairman has emphasised the need for good communication.
It would annoy the hell out of some people, (possibly more than the current silence) but something along the lines of "there are negotiations going on ... sensitive ... appreciate fans concerns .... this is getting my full attention" would help.

I for one have had enough of all this s**t. I’m fed up of checking the OM website 2-3 times a day hoping there’s an end to this mess. We are in free fall, the players need a new voice and there doesn’t seem to be any urgency. I genuinely believe that the owners (whoever they are) and players think we are too good to go down but many a team have thought that in the past. Sorry to sound so negative but the thought of us swapping places with the scum next year is unbearable.

You're assuming he wants to sell. What he wants is an investment "partner" but at the same time to remain in control. Most people who buy into a football club want to run the show. That's his dilemma. Relegation to League 2 and the need for a partner diminishes. I understand all that. My beef, and that of many others, is the complete lack of communication. All we want from him is an acknowledgement that he's still as committed to the club as ever, that stuff is or is not going on and he's sorting it. It's the drift and uncertainty that's quite understandably making people angry.
Then the logical step is to go down to the Conference then and make it rain, so to speak. Frankly, no one knows what DE ultimately wants. If the money was good enough, he'd sell. Like we all would.

Then the logical step is to go down to the Conference then and make it rain, so to speak. Frankly, no one knows what DE ultimately wants. If the money was good enough, he'd sell. Like we all would.
Well if as you say no one knows what DE ultimately wants then how do you know that if the money was good enough he’d sell?

Well if as you say no one knows what DE ultimately wants then how do you know that if the money was good enough he’d sell?
Because everyone has a price.
09da6930c37404a896610da2cbb2c710.jpg

But seriously. Even Kassam would sell the Stadium if someone offered enough above market for it. DE is a businessman, not a philanthropist with cash to burn and no desire to see it back.

Last edited:
Well he’s disappeared and gone quiet again. Hello t maybe his club as far as we know or he may have sold and waiting on the final paperwork, but it’s not good for the club or the fans. The way things are at the moment we’re dropping like a stone in water and if he is still the owner and the unthinkable happens and we are relegated DE can forget about what he wants for the club as we will be a L2 outfit and not a L1 and that would mean we would be worth less.

Because everyone has a price.
09da6930c37404a896610da2cbb2c710.jpg

But seriously. Even Kassam would sell the Stadium if someone offered enough above market for it. DE is a businessman, not a philanthropist with cash to burn and no desire to see it back.
But clearly DE wants an unrealistic price. Just as Kassam does.

Back
Top Bottom