Manager/Coach [Poll] When Should Robinson Go?

At what point should Robinson go?

• Now, he's had plenty of chances to build a successful squad and hasn't

Votes: 47 22.1%
  • January if we're not in the top 10

Votes: 65 30.5%
  • End of the season if he doesn't make the playoffs

Votes: 53 24.9%
  • Not in the foreseeable future

Votes: 48 22.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Surely we can afford to pay him off?

Please?

Of course the board can, what would be the other alternative? The board keep Karl in charge and 75% of the fanbase turn against the owners at a critical time in terms of the planning application for Stratfield Brake. I would suggest the money men behind Tiger have a better buisness sense and realise that progress needs to be both on the pitch and off to be successful.

I know of one managerial contract in L1 that features a full duration payout on a basic salary of over Ā£250,000 but last I heard that was far from standard. It normally used to be capped at 6 or maybe 12 monthsā€™ pay if you were lucky, which you got paid monthly as normal and had to agree to waive if you got another job before youā€™d been paid up.

Have they changed the rules to now make full duration payoffs standard? I am honestly surprised by that.
Paul Warne said something about the days of getting your entire contract paid up when fired were long gone during ā€˜Moment of Truthā€™.

Paul Warne might want to see the contract his ā€œco-starā€ of said series has.

So just to follow the breadcrumbs.....

......The average League One manager has an Ā£180k p.a. salary and gets a 6 or 12 month payoff when fired if they're lucky, which they have to waive if they get another job.
But KR has a Ā£250k salary which will get paid out in full if he's fired, and which he then doesn't have to waive if he gets another job?

So we would be justified in general to discuss and have polls on firing the manager because they earn a lot, but are extra-specially justified in doing so for KR because he has an especially sweet ass deal?

No worries - genuinely didnā€™t know if I had missed something!

Imagine if you had two years left on a 250k a year deal that guaranteed you every penny if youā€™re sacked before the end of it, and which also allows you to keep every penny even if you walk into another job the next day.

Youā€™d be a lucky, lucky boy.
Or even an Unlucky one, perhaps?

You are all getting hyper over this. Even if we get well beaten on Saturday KR will be at his desk on Monday.

Of course the board can, what would be the other alternative? The board keep Karl in charge and 75% of the fanbase turn against the owners at a critical time in terms of the planning application for Stratfield Brake. I would suggest the money men behind Tiger have a better buisness sense and realise that progress needs to be both on the pitch and off to be successful.
This will be the last thing the board wants and may have to get rid of KR rather than jebodise the application for Stratfield brake they will not want the fan base turning on them now due to the shower that are currently watching

Mark Kennedy could be one to watch. A good winger in his day so even KR would approve!

So just to follow the breadcrumbs.....

......The average League One manager has an Ā£180k p.a. salary and gets a 6 or 12 month payoff when fired if they're lucky, which they have to waive if they get another job.
But KR has a Ā£250k salary which will get paid out in full if he's fired, and which he then doesn't have to waive if he gets another job?

So we would be justified in general to discuss and have polls on firing the manager because they earn a lot, but are extra-specially justified in doing so for KR because he has an especially sweet ass deal?
Donā€™t forget heā€™s doing about 6 peoples jobs here, well 5 and a bit.

If and when Karl goes, the club needs a total restructure to the extent that the manager can't be the first hire. On the assumption we hire a sporting director, or build some kind of chain of command between board and manager, you would want them to be involved in the hiring of the football staff, which makes this kind of process pretty clunky in August. It'd likley be Mous until those hires and a strategy had been drawn up.

I like KR and think he's done a very decent job since he's been with us. He's also really got into the culture and history of the club and it appears that he genuinely cares.

Of course it's been disappointing that he's not been able to get over the line in terms of getting us promoted, and there have been some questionable decisions that seem to be somewhat of a reoccurring theme.

BUT what I would say is 'be careful what you wish for', as under KR I'd say we are (hopefully) at least safe in League One and have usually been pushing towards the top end of the league, while scoring lots of goals with an attractive brand of football. As we all know, it could be a lot worse!
Itā€™s those problems he seems to have in the side each season that does my head in. Cover in key areas But the worst is the time it takes for him to work out his best side and get them playing. But then any changes from that 11 or 12 look limited.

what was all that bull crap in his post match interview? My players care blah blah blah, dude we all care. Itā€™s just deflection. A team of fans would care. Jesus a bloke near me was ready to murder someone he was so mad. Doesnā€™t make them good enough to win a match.

This season he also seems to have replaced the players that have left with worse players. many players take time to settle so itā€™s too early. Take Andy Wing, Hylton or Dunkley et al they all started very badly. So maybe some will improve.

our board have given their own money to this team I wouldnā€™t be surprised if theyā€™re looking at potential new management.

Right now the number of shots on target is relegation form so letā€™s hope it improves.

Back
Top Bottom