So who should we approach or Interview ?

But, I ask again as I have in the past, what’s in it for Kassam? I think everybody realises that he doesn’t have any affection for the football club and that all this ‘custodian’ stuff isn’t genuine. Unless there’s money to be made, why would he agree to anything that will benefit the football club?

But, I ask again as I have in the past, what’s in it for Kassam? I think everybody realises that he doesn’t have any affection for the football club and that all this ‘custodian’ stuff isn’t genuine. Unless there’s money to be made, why would he agree to anything that will benefit the football club?

Obviously it has something in it for him, he has no need to do anything if it doesn’t. But if he gets a new long term tenant that then runs everything, it is beneficial to him. He gets the same money or slightly more, with out having to do a thing, Oufc run all the catering maintenance and everything and he gets his rent. On our side we can build the business improve bar and catering sales, host events, fit a fourth stand allowing more away fans sales .

Obviously it has something in it for him, he has no need to do anything if it doesn’t. But if he gets a new long term tenant that then runs everything, it is beneficial to him. He gets the same money or slightly more, with out having to do a thing, Oufc run all the catering maintenance and everything and he gets his rent. On our side we can build the business improve bar and catering sales, host events, fit a fourth stand allowing more away fans sales .

Emm. very difficult when your in the 2nd division with no away fans to fill the empty 4th stand, that’s the reason it’s not been built so far
What’s the point in a 4th stand when we are unable to fill the present ground with our own supporters

Emm. very difficult when your in the 2nd division with no away fans to fill the empty 4th stand, that’s the reason it’s not been built so far
What’s the point in a 4th stand when we are unable to fill the present ground with our own supporters
Stop that bloody wind whistling down the pitch, for a start.

Stop that bloody wind whistling down the pitch, for a start.

Think it’s better to get things on the pitch sorted before we concentrate on new stands etc
Re the semi cheap stand, we tried that but the landlord stopped it
Why because he owns the ground and we do as he says, end of

so 2-3 thousand away fans and if you're lucky 4-5 thousand home fans remind me which team is at home again?

Why give your opponents a lift if you're not at least trying to grow your home support?

Because at least 3 games already this season we’ve sold 1600 to teams that could easily sell 2/3k. U also reduce police and stewarding cost not having fans in the same stand. Oxvox have already located a cheap semi permanent stand that could take 2k without any works to the fence or anything

How would it work exactly? I assumed it was a basic temporary stand, so wouldn't away fans have to retain access to the North stand for toilets, concessions and the turnstiles? If so, stewards would still have to be in place to some extent (stands, concourse, outer perimeter of the stadium). And if they're accessing the stand, they may as well use those seats. Which again wouldn't reduce the amount of stewarding. Unless I'm missing something? It would have been useful as an overflow, but would it justify the cost?

To be honest I thought it was originally intended for use by home fans, on those rare occasions we sell out.

Couple of terrapin huts with toilet facilities in the corner(s) IF temp 4th stand for away fans..... ideally a low roofed 4th stand for home support, low /lower roof much better acoustics therefore better atmosphere. There again when offered the option brokered ox vox with the breeze block owner the powers that be chose not to take it up

Kassam would not give OUFC a chance to earn a crust by staging their own events Catering and bar sales, and anybody thinking that’s what we will get out of Kassam are seriously misguided

Kassam would not give OUFC a chance to earn a crust by staging their own events Catering and bar sales, and anybody thinking that’s what we will get out of Kassam are seriously misguided

How much did Firoka supposedly charge OUFC for a tea urn on match day again? It was something absolutely ridiculous.

But let’s get back to why this thread is 71 pages long. “ Oi Eales sort it out! Get the managers position sorted “

Wouldn’t it be sensible to move this from a ‘new manager’ thread to the stadium thread that was going? It’s an issue that still needs discussing.

He would if were paying for the privilege of running and maintaining it. Same as any of his other businesses like the cinema or hotels, once u pay the rent u do as u like. And Oxvox and sartori have both had successfully negotiations over such a deal, rather than being told to go do one

But he’s the landlord and a crap one at that, OUFC pay rent and service charge it is up to him to take care of the Grenoble Road stadium but he is failing miserably, I’m surprised no one hasn’t looked long and hard to see if there are s anything in the contract for the lease which absolves him from his duty as a landlord.
Kassam continues to lord it will get OUFC, Oxvox and the Fans and he’s loving it, forget OCC they’re just a bunch of muppets that couldn’t organise a P**s up in a brewery. I have no idea what Merry signed up to but surely there is a way of Eales ( although I’ve lost my patience with that man) tomorrow use him s legal team that use a fine tooth comb and pick at the lease, then get from there but Kassam won’t give us sweet Fanny Adams and I believe these reports were f meetings with the club or Oxvox are just him trying the Molokai decent with the OUFC fan base when he m all actuality he’s pissing himself laughing behind the scenes.

I suspect Bazzer has firmly hit the nail on the head regarding our landlord. Normally with this situation around a manager appointment I am quite patient but how long does it take and with the ownership/investment situation dragging on because we the paying customers want some newsQUICKLY as our league position is suffering.

Looking like another defeat for Birmingham tonight and the fans starting to really turn on Steve Cotterill. If he gets the bullet in the next few days would people be happy to finally see him rock up here? He seems to have been linked with us on and off all through his career.

Looking like another defeat for Birmingham tonight and the fans starting to really turn on Steve Cotterill. If he gets the bullet in the next few days would people be happy to finally see him rock up here? He seems to have been linked with us on and off all through his career.
Another journey man manager

Ok looking like we’re back to this thread...

With the odds now shortening on the next pretender - McDermott - I saw this video about his sacking at Reading. He talks of loving every minute at Reading and, intriguingly, says he will always be friends with the Reading owner who sacked him. Would that be Tiger as he doesn’t name him? Would add more credence to the possibility of him coming here if so.

Looking at the betting, Brian McDermott is now at 3/1 second favourite, and is known to the tiger. Could he be announced in the morning. Wait and see.

Ok looking like we’re back to this thread...

With the odds now shortening on the next pretender - McDermott - I saw this video about his sacking at Reading. He talks of loving every minute at Reading and, intriguingly, says he will always be friends with the Reading owner who sacked him. Would that be Tiger as he doesn’t name him? Would add more credence to the possibility of him coming here if so.

This is about his first sacking when in the prem league, not under Tiger

Back
Top Bottom