General Season ticket prices

We need some good news to come from the club we was apparently going to have a busy week a few weeks ago but the only news was friendly matches not very interesting ones the season ticket news has not been very welcoming we need something to give us all a lift raise the spirits

Good news.................. there are still tickets for Oxford City on sale.............

£14

For a pre-season friendly.

Yes, I get City have had a tough year etc but...................

Good news.................. there are still tickets for Oxford City on sale.............

£14

For a pre-season friendly.

Yes, I get City have had a tough year etc but...................
....... go or don't go! City like lots of local clubs have had an horrendous year and this is one opportunity to bring in some much needed finance (much of which will be offset by increased stewards and staff to meet covid regulations).

While i'm sad and disappointed to see people are choosing not to renew their season tickets, I fully understand their reasons.

But we do need to remember, the club has been through very hard times as well over the last 18 months, with a lot going on behind the scenes, and maybe that's led to them being distracted somewhat, and why they may have dropped the ball regarding certain matters.

But regardless of all that, personally, I've really missed the whole Saturday match day vibe, from waking up in the morning and drinking cups of tea from my OUFC mug (that I ONLY use on match days!) to carefully and strategically choosing which layers to wear for the inevitable arctic conditions in the south stand, the drive to the stadium, parking up with some sarnies and the newspaper, and then heading into the ground, buying a coffee and heading out to watch the warm up, and the game.

I've even missed the drive home via the chippy, reflecting on the afternoons events, whilst waiting for the feeling to return in my toes!!

I've renewed my season ticket. I've been a season ticket holder since 1987, and maybe it's sad, but there's been a big void in my life without the football on a Saturday, and I can't wait to return.

That said, I truly hope those who may be feeling slightly disillusioned at the moment, will one day find their way back to happier times with the club.

....... go or don't go! City like lots of local clubs have had an horrendous year and this is one opportunity to bring in some much needed finance (much of which will be offset by increased stewards and staff to meet covid regulations).

I`m sure that City will have utilised the many generous schemes that have supported people through the pandemic just like any other business.

On Sunday we went to one of our favourite country pubs, which would have suffered far worse limitations than a football club.

Sunday lunch was still the same price as ever, even though they have extra staff, restricted capacity and associated covid costs.

I guess they are in a more competitive business and don`t suggest to their customers that they "go or don`t go".

I`m sure that City will have utilised the many generous schemes that have supported people through the pandemic just like any other business.

On Sunday we went to one of our favourite country pubs, which would have suffered far worse limitations than a football club.

Sunday lunch was still the same price as ever, even though they have extra staff, restricted capacity and associated covid costs.

I guess they are in a more competitive business and don`t suggest to their customers that they "go or don`t go".

Did the pub provide additional stewards and staffing for your roast beef?

There is no excuse for laziness, any business worth it's salt would have adapted and put different plans in place and more so when reliant on income over a short period of time. Your customers are your business and other matters may need to be dealt with but not at the expense of your core business.

While i'm sad and disappointed to see people are choosing not to renew their season tickets, I fully understand their reasons.

But we do need to remember, the club has been through very hard times as well over the last 18 months, with a lot going on behind the scenes, and maybe that's led to them being distracted somewhat, and why they may have dropped the ball regarding certain matters.

But regardless of all that, personally, I've really missed the whole Saturday match day vibe, from waking up in the morning and drinking cups of tea from my OUFC mug (that I ONLY use on match days!) to carefully and strategically choosing which layers to wear for the inevitable arctic conditions in the south stand, the drive to the stadium, parking up with some sarnies and the newspaper, and then heading into the ground, buying a coffee and heading out to watch the warm up, and the game.

I've even missed the drive home via the chippy, reflecting on the afternoons events, whilst waiting for the feeling to return in my toes!!

I've renewed my season ticket. I've been a season ticket holder since 1987, and maybe it's sad, but there's been a big void in my life without the football on a Saturday, and I can't wait to return.

That said, I truly hope those who may be feeling slightly disillusioned at the moment, will one day find their way back to happier times with the club.
I fully concur with this, but other clubs have remembered who the customer is, and acted accordingly refunds, friendly matches fans can actually watch, to not just keep the existing base of season ticket holders but build on those numbers.
The tipping point, to renew or not to renew is so fine this season. Could a chance have been missed by not announcing the takeover in a fanfare, alongside a speech of new beginnings, improved budget etc?
The biggest problem the club have is themselves, as I don't think they see there being any issues at all that need rectifying.
The golden ticket event, for certain season ticket holders? Could anything be more divisive?

Which OUFC want a cut of.

Maybe you haven't been to a pub recently. Since pubs were allowed to re-open it has been the rule that all customers have to sit at a table and be served. Therefore, many establishments have had to employ more staff. Initially, it was the rule that food had to be ordered as well as a drink. So, a kitchen had to be staffed at all opening times. That changed, fortunately but the table service ruling remained so, in answer to your question, yes, additional staff were required.

Oh yes, that all followed a period where the pubs were all closed and had to chuck away their stocks of draught beers. Had to bin all the food stocks. Had to furlough staff who were normally only paid minimum wage anyway. And then, to rub salt in, most pubs were only just managing to stay afloat and those where the pub was a tenancy were completely at the mercy of the breweries.

Let's have another flippant answer, why not?

Maybe you haven't been to a pub recently. Since pubs were allowed to re-open it has been the rule that all customers have to sit at a table and be served. Therefore, many establishments have had to employ more staff. Initially, it was the rule that food had to be ordered as well as a drink. So, a kitchen had to be staffed at all opening times. That changed, fortunately but the table service ruling remained so, in answer to your question, yes, additional staff were required.

Oh yes, that all followed a period where the pubs were all closed and had to chuck away their stocks of draught beers. Had to bin all the food stocks. Had to furlough staff who were normally only paid minimum wage anyway. And then, to rub salt in, most pubs were only just managing to stay afloat and those where the pub was a tenancy were completely at the mercy of the breweries.

Let's have another flippant answer, why not?

Oxford City will be covering significant extra costs on Friday with a reduced capacity, on the back of 18 months of losses. They have pitched the price of tickets as they see fit, and everyone has the choice whether to pay or not.

That's not flippant, it's reality.

Oxford City will be covering significant extra costs on Friday with a reduced capacity, on the back of 18 months of losses. They have pitched the price of tickets as they see fit, and everyone has the choice whether to pay or not.

That's trying to dodge your own words.

What’s also reality is Oxford Utd demanding a cut of the gate receipts. Agree with that or have you gone to ignoring me again when you don’t want to face a awkward question ?

That's trying to dodge your own words.
No, it's context and something you're deliberately missing. Essex said that his Sunday lunch hadn't increased in cost (although many businesses have put prices up). But there will be an increase in costs incurred by Oxford City beyond what pubs will generally find - increased stewarding for example.

You say that pubs have increased staffing, but that's very rare. Most are just using staffing differently. Rather than staff behind bars the same staff are providing table service. I've not seen any where they have increased numbers.

Oxford City are a business and choose to set prices as they see fit. We as consumers have a choice whether to pay or not. Apparently 500+ tickets have been sold. If that's all at full price then they have taken over £7k with a few days to go. We don't know how many they would have sold if they were cheaper, but if they sold 700 at a tenner then they would have made the same.

But regardless of whatever sits in City's accounts, this is being used as a stick to beat the club with which seems a little more flippant than anything I've written!

Aaaaaanywwy. Has anyone actually received their ST yet?

No, it's context and something you're deliberately missing. Essex said that his Sunday lunch hadn't increased in cost (although many businesses have put prices up). But there will be an increase in costs incurred by Oxford City beyond what pubs will generally find - increased stewarding for example.

You say that pubs have increased staffing, but that's very rare. Most are just using staffing differently. Rather than staff behind bars the same staff are providing table service. I've not seen any where they have increased numbers.

Oxford City are a business and choose to set prices as they see fit. We as consumers have a choice whether to pay or not. Apparently 500+ tickets have been sold. If that's all at full price then they have taken over £7k with a few days to go. We don't know how many they would have sold if they were cheaper, but if they sold 700 at a tenner then they would have made the same.

But regardless of whatever sits in City's accounts, this is being used as a stick to beat the club with which seems a little more flippant than anything I've written!

Lots of kids and students will be in attendance. So your estimate is way, way off.

Pity as OUFC and City both need the cash…

Back
Top Bottom