Season Ticket prices frozen ...official

I noticed buying a Shrewsbury ticket online there is now an option to donate to Oxford United in The Community at the same time as buying the match ticket.

Perhaps East Stand ST holders whose price has gone down £31 might consider donating to OUITC?

I noticed buying a Shrewsbury ticket online there is now an option to donate to Oxford United in The Community at the same time as buying the match ticket.

Perhaps East Stand ST holders whose price has gone down £31 might consider donating to OUITC?

It'd been as positive if an option existed to donate to OXVOX, which in turn would see the individual get a membership with the Supporters Trust.

Something that has been asked and knocked back for years when having Season Ticket consultation.

Due to personal reasons, I've missed loads of games this season and I was pretty certain I wouldn't be renewing for the first time since I first got a season ticket over 20 years ago. The fact the club have decided to actually reduce my ticket price, means I'm reconsidering. Even if I miss games again next season, I don't like the thought of not backing the club.

im a little suprised clubs dont self fund this, i know they normally rely on upfront monies during the close season, but surely if they had a set of supporters directly paying £x a month thats guarenteed income for the season to help cover ongoing costs etc...

I'd love to see what would happen if supporters paid late each month on this basis, it can be tricky moving money around you know ;)

Sts on sale ....albeit, it seems ,with no finance package in place to spread the cost?

Sts on sale ....albeit, it seems ,with no finance package in place to spread the cost?
I would imagine that many clubs are working jointly on this but at the moment no finance company wants to take it on.
There is still time I guess

It'd been as positive if an option existed to donate to OXVOX, which in turn would see the individual get a membership with the Supporters Trust.

Something that has been asked and knocked back for years when having Season Ticket consultation.
I thought they were sat on a pot of money already?

Barnsley have hooked up with a company called V12 to offer finance on their St's with 0% interest. It sounds like the club are taking the hit on fees though -

Don’t agree. Oxvox ‘s independence would be compromised .

Working together doesn't mean you need to compromise your principles.

A strong, large membership based Supporters Trust is good for the supporters. It might not be so good for a football club who doesn't want to see a growing, influential body of supporters, that question. It has plenty of benefits though, the club has access to a supporters base and it's experiences - both in supporting it's club and how we might want to spend our money and to the expertise in the membership, financial, planning, business people, etc etc.

A simple tick box, stating you'd like to join the Supporters Trust at the same time as forking out a large sum for a ST, for a paltry £10 fee, is hardly getting in bed with the club.

Frankly, I suspect, the higher senior management could do without a more influential movement expanding in size.

Working together doesn't mean you need to compromise your principles.
No of course it doesn't. But if the club is collecting OV subscriptions it certainly gives the *impression* that the independent supporters trust is too close to the club - and if the club collect money on OVs behalf it feels like that to me as well.

No of course it doesn't. But if the club is collecting OV subscriptions it certainly gives the *impression* that the independent supporters trust is too close to the club - and if the club collect money on OVs behalf it feels like that to me as well.
I agree with ZTH. Would a compromise not be to have a leaflet included when the ST is sent out, directing people to the OxVox website if they are interested?

also, wouldnt there be an admin/accounting charge for this, as OUFC would account for the extra £10 per booking, then pass this back off to Oxvox as i guess a charitable donation? we all know how good we have been with the tax side of things :)

Anyway, I think it's a good idea to have this optional donation to OUITC.

When booking a ticket online it's easy to add £1 if you so choose and it's a good cause too. Hopefully the ticketing system is clever enough to break down the total cost into ticket type, VAT, booking fee, donation so that the admin cost of processing it doesn't outweigh the benefit.

I wonder if this counts under the Gift Aid Small Donations Scheme so that OUITC can claim tax back too?

I agree with ZTH. Would a compromise not be to have a leaflet included when the ST is sent out, directing people to the OxVox website if they are interested?
Yes, I agree with that. I did actually add that suggestion into my post and then deleted it, as I *seem* to remember that actually being done in previous seasons?

Yes, I agree with that. I did actually add that suggestion into my post and then deleted it, as I *seem* to remember that actually being done in previous seasons?
That could work. There is probably some data protection rule that would make it difficult for OUFC to somehow have Oxvox membership linked to ST renewal online, even if they wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom