Next seasons odds

I think Hull will be a bigger threat than some of these predictions are making.

It's the same every season, no one is going to predict relegation for themselves (apart from Bury and Bolton last year for obvious reasons)

Was surprised that no-one put their head about the parapet and said they were promotion contenders - with one notable exception.

Thought Peterborough writer was quite restrained. And of course the Sunderland guy is gloriously overconfident yet again. Just when you think you might start sympathising with them, they go and tip themselves for automatics again.
True but there's surely a difference between hopes and expectations. Northampton might hope to finish 15th but there's no way they're not going to be in a relegation dogfight all year. I think our 'expectation' is fair - obviously we're all hoping for autos, but so much has to go right and fall in your favour over the course of the season, 6th is reasonable I would say.

Likewise, the NTT20 podcast too (with Oxford fan George Elek on it). They did their predictions and came out with the following table:

1. Peterborough
2. Portsmouth
------------
3. Oxford
4. Sunderland
5. Fleetwood
6. Hull
-----------
7. Ipswich
8. Charlton
9. Blackpool
10. Lincoln
11. Swindon
12. Plymouth
13. Gillingham
14. Crewe
15. Bristol R
16. Doncaster
17. MK Dons
18. Accrington
19. Wimbledon
20. Wigan
----------------
21. Shrewsbury
22. Burton
23. Northampton
24. Rochdale
Have seen quite a few predictions with that same top 4, all in different orders. General consensus seems to be that they'll all be there or thereabouts. Could be a thrilling race for the top 2 this year.

Totally agree. I'm not sure if they'll end up in those top 4 positions, but I'd forgotten until recently that they have Tom Eaves as a striker still. He was brilliant at this level two years ago in a terrible Gills side - might have a flutter on him top goalscorer this season.

I think Swindon will be fairly low down as well.

Not just because I want them to be, mind. 45 goals from last season have upped and left and their recruitment has been quiet. They’ve signed a few unknown quantities on loan and a couple of League 1 fodder players. Most predictions seem to cite Wellens as the reason they’ll go fine but I think they’ll struggle more than others make out.

Here’s hoping!

I think Swindon will be fairly low down as well.

Not just because I want them to be, mind. 45 goals from last season have upped and left and their recruitment has been quiet. They’ve signed a few unknown quantities on loan and a couple of League 1 fodder players. Most predictions seem to cite Wellens as the reason they’ll go fine but I think they’ll struggle more than others make out.

Here’s hoping!

No idea whether you're right or not but loving the sentiment.

The elephant in the room with Swindon is whether there will be any punishment For the breaches of EFL rules and fraud committed by Lee Power and his attempt to sell the club to Michael Standing, Gareth Barry and an Australian property developer. It's all gone very quiet on that front.

Back
Top Bottom