Matches Points from the next 5 league games.

I have this feeling that every season we beat a team by 5 or 6 - 0 I reckon on Saturday we will have that scoreline I always think with OUFC and KR when our backs are against the wall we come out fighting so c'mon boys let's put on the boxing gloves and come out fighting on Saturday

@yellowbow - I guess someone gave this guy the keys!

I have this feeling that every season we beat a team by 5 or 6 - 0 I reckon on Saturday we will have that scoreline I always think with OUFC and KR when our backs are against the wall we come out fighting so c'mon boys let's put on the boxing gloves and come out fighting on Saturday

This is when we were the leagues top scorers; we've scored 9 goals all season in the league. Where are these 5 or 6 going to come from?

This is when we were the leagues top scorers; we've scored 9 goals all season in the league. Where are these 5 or 6 going to come from?
Us a Burton Albion are the lowest goals scored so far this season in this league. Where are these goals going to come from, maybe kicking the butts of our strikers or the desire to want to have the ball instead getting rid of it quickly as tho the ball is poisonous

Because we are just as bad!
Our defending so far ie goals conceded is comparable to the top half of the league. It's the goals scored or lack of is the issue as we are the bottom two with Burton only scored 9 goals this season.

Us a Burton Albion are the lowest goals scored so far this season in this league. Where are these goals going to come from, maybe kicking the butts of our strikers or the desire to want to have the ball instead getting rid of it quickly as tho the ball is poisonous

Believe Morecambe are on 9 too. Playing a striker as a striker and not as a midfielder may help.

Our defending so far ie goals conceded is comparable to the top half of the league. It's the goals scored or lack of is the issue as we are the bottom two with Burton only scored 9 goals this season.
But most of the sides we've faced have been incredibly poor - prior to Saturday we even only faced one team in the top half of the table with 9 of the teams being below 13th. Our defending will truly be tested and judged when we begin to face the big teams who are netting over 2 goals a game on average. Anyhow, all that is moot if we can't score. We may have real problems at both ends in the coming weeks...

I reckon Taylor will score possibly 2 brannagan likes a goal Browne knows where the goal is that's potentially 4 maybe Joseph will score that could be 5 you see it's not difficult to find goal scorers In this team they just need confidence

And how many of those goals have been from ‘open play’ ?

Crazy to think we're on the same points as Forest Green who have -17 goal difference...

Honestly, I don't think we're that far off picking up some points. Judging by the fact we keep dropping points by the odd goal, and haven't been battered in any of our games so far. If we can start hitting the back of the net a bit more regularly then we might just be okay.

I have to say that when I saw the line up it did fill me with optimism. Let's hope the win was not a flash in the pan and that we can pick up another 3 points next Saturday.

Here is my prediction based on the slight improvement we saw at Charlton:

Wycombe (H) - 3
Exeter (A) - 1
Peterborough (H) - 0
Portsmouth (A) - 0
Bolton (A) - 0

This would put us right on the relegation line. I'm not being negative (Wycombe win) but really am struggling to see where the points are going to come from.
So 1 point behind my prediction with the two toughest games to come. From where we were before the Wycombe game 3 points from 15 means Robinson goes for me.

Back
Top Bottom