EFL Next seasons odds 20/21

Peterdev

Surprised to see Sheffield Wednesday as co favourites. Ipswich with all their money will probably go up. Portsmouth and Charlton both well managed now.
I think we have to be targeting the automatic slots now. We cannot afford a bad start like the last two seasons and have to set the pace. I thought Lincoln were nailed on favourites last season, but we’re eventually undone by the better team of Blackpool.

Attachments

• 5DDEE31B-A2FC-4278-ABA8-03D63439459F.png
    5DDEE31B-A2FC-4278-ABA8-03D63439459F.png
    393.7 KB · Views: 60
Sheff Wed are only there as in the usual lazy bookies way in L1 with them being a relegated "big club". Sheff Wed are still a financial mess.

Always like seeing these.

Am I right in recalling that we're slightly longer than last year?

Sheff Wed are only there as in the usual lazy bookies way in L1 with them being a relegated "big club". Sheff Wed are still a financial mess.
That being the case you would of thought they would tempt punters in by offering better odds

The odds don’t mean too much right now as there will be lots of transfers. Jayden Shockley will be good for Charlton. Three year contract I’m told.
Hoping we complete a few soon

That being the case you would of thought they would tempt punters in by offering better odds

That would be sensible but I'm not sure the market size at this stage makes the bookies think it is worth their while to put anything but a cursory effort in, hence Sheff Wed even though their problems are quite public.

The odds don’t mean too much right now as there will be lots of transfers. Jayden Shockley will be good for Charlton. Three year contract I’m told.
Hoping we complete a few soon
Not a League to bet on but Both Plymouth and Shrewsbury are 50/1 and see them as Dark Horses, certainly should not be 3.5 times our odds imho 5/1 and 7/1 for top 6 finish and we are 9/4 and somehow 13/8 and 6/4 with some crazy odds

I think we have to be targeting the automatic slots now. We cannot afford a bad start like the last two seasons and have to set the pace. I thought Lincoln were nailed on favourites last season, but we’re eventually undone by the better team of Blackpool.
But Lincoln ‘set the pace’ last season and then fell away back into the playoffs and ended up not going up just as much as we did. People are obsessed with these bad starts assuming if we didn’t have them we’d then go on to pick up the later points that we do. I agree, we need to cut them out but at the end of the day, start well then tail off and you end up in the same playoffs as if you start badly and then find form…

I think it’ll be a big challenge for us. If the big clubs get off to a flyer, I’m sure it will be a really big ask for us.
The play offs are a complete lottery. We’ve made 1/4 of them. Interesting too that the clubs that finished one place below the automatic slots in the Championship, League one and two all got promoted via the play offs. If only that had been the case the year before.
Are you planning to get a season ticket Hampshire Yellow?

Rotherham at 14/1 might be worth a look if they can keep hold of the likes of Smith and Ladapo. Not sure what other business they've done mind you.

Hate to say that I've spread money on a few teams - Charlton, Rotherham and Burton to be promoted (separately, not all in one)

I know we will be promoted, obviously, but I don't like to bet for or against Oxford.

It looks like Charlton and Burton have done good early business, and Rotherham are a yo-yo club, so it's good insurance to make sure they don't do it again this year!

Burton for a play spot is looking a very good bet.

If they can keep JFH they have a chance. Putting together a good squad with a nice mix of experience and youth and I expect Clare to end up back with them too.

Sheffield Wednesday despite their money issues have still got some very good players who is will do very well in league one.

Burton for a play spot is looking a very good bet.

If they can keep JFH they have a chance. Putting together a good squad with a nice mix of experience and youth and I expect Clare to end up back with them too.

Sheffield Wednesday despite their money issues have still got some very good players who is will do very well in league one.

Clare not likely going to Burton according to their fans' comments I've seen as the fee would be too much for them.

Clare not likely going to Burton according to their fans' comments I've seen as the fee would be too much for them.
I wonder if he may end up going back there on loan if he doesn’t want to be here ( not saying he does or doesn’t) and nobody wants to pay for him perhaps a loan with Burton paying his wages could be good for all parties

I wonder if he may end up going back there on loan if he doesn’t want to be here ( not saying he does or doesn’t) and nobody wants to pay for him perhaps a loan with Burton paying his wages could be good for all parties

I doubt it tbh just by KR's bullishness in that article, I think KR actually sees him as part of his midfield group. I doubt they'll be a lack of takers if he was available for transfer anyway.

Back
Top Bottom