General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed Halford does my head in

He's very clearly sitting on the fence, but there's more support in that editorial than you are perhaps acknowledging. He speaks about the economical and social benefits of having the stadium there, whilst also accepting that the club needs to move in order to survive and grow.

In fact, the only criticism is the wall of silence. This is easily rebuffed when you look at the consultation processes, the public events provided by both the club and OCC, and the information which is readily available online.

And there will be more to come, with further consultation as part of any planning application, and this will be the most valuable as there will be clear plans to discuss rather than the "vague promises" that the club have been accused of before.

At this stage of proceedings, I would say that this is actually a pretty positive outcome considering how it could have been presented.

He's very clearly sitting on the fence, but there's more support in that editorial than you are perhaps acknowledging. He speaks about the economical and social benefits of having the stadium there, whilst also accepting that the club needs to move in order to survive and grow.

In fact, the only criticism is the wall of silence. This is easily rebuffed when you look at the consultation processes, the public events provided by both the club and OCC, and the information which is readily available online.

And there will be more to come, with further consultation as part of any planning application, and this will be the most valuable as there will be clear plans to discuss rather than the "vague promises" that the club have been accused of before.

At this stage of proceedings, I would say that this is actually a pretty positive outcome considering how it could have been presented.
It's the north Oxford rubbish and that's only coming from one certain person

My reading is that there is more than a hint of optimism to take from this. To me, this is a 'going through the process' exercise, in which you expect to see a series of twists and turns, but I think that the general travel is forwards. Resistance to change is inevitable, but a reasoned and considered approach, which I think the club are taking, can only be a good thing. In a sense, I think that's what the piece conveys, to me at least.

There is a sizeable development starting across the road from N.O. Golf Course. Who has complained about that. Within spitting distance from the Triangle. As I have said before, if the City Council (or whoever) is minded to approve a development..then that is it....no matter what the opposition. I have seen the very same in Old Marston Village. Very confident re. The Triangle.

:rolleyes:. The clip itself is actually pretty funny and captures some of the utter crash justifications that some Manchester United fans have posted about Mason Greenwood on social medial. However, it's the context here that our neutral friend is using this clip in. It's another dig, another needle, another piece of evidence to show that he isn't neutral. He doesn't understand that unless OUFC move, they die. The site is good because of other ancillary benefits as well.

One comment underneath says he's been kicked off Nextdoor. I haven't been on it for a few days and noticed that he isn't searchable nor does his bearded face appear when you click his name (since his comment remain). Such is the general pants nature of Nextdoor, it may not be the case but hopefully he's broken enough rules to be booted off. That'll teach him.

:rolleyes:. The clip itself is actually pretty funny and captures some of the utter crash justifications that some Manchester United fans have posted about Mason Greenwood on social medial. However, it's the context here that our neutral friend is using this clip in. It's another dig, another needle, another piece of evidence to show that he isn't neutral. He doesn't understand that unless OUFC move, they die. The site is good because of other ancillary benefits as well.

One comment underneath says he's been kicked off Nextdoor. I haven't been on it for a few days and noticed that he isn't searchable nor does his bearded face appear when you click his name (since his comment remain). Such is the general pants nature of Nextdoor, it may not be the case but hopefully he's broken enough rules to be booted off. That'll teach him.

He does appear to have a general dislike for football and football fans. I don't think it's appropriate that he's allowed to vote on stadium related issues as he has a predetermined anti-stadium position which is clear for all to see.

Perhaps reply to him and make a generalisation about politicians, plenty of ammo there...

Been suspended I believe so it will be a 5 day ban

Done with screenshot of one of his posts

Good work. I’ve asked Lettitia (who I have warmed to more recently) to see if I can get more and if she’s willing to disclose any reasons why. I’m intrigued to know if it’s a totting up process or one single post that tipped the balance.

By the by, pretty shoddy behaviour from an elected councillor regardless the subject matter.

Good work. I’ve asked Lettitia (who I have warmed to more recently) to see if I can get more and if she’s willing to disclose any reasons why. I’m intrigued to know if it’s a totting up process or one single post that tipped the balance.

By the by, pretty shoddy behaviour from an elected councillor regardless the subject matter.
I would imagine the number of post removed doesn't matter it might of been me and my fakes keep reporting him not his posts 🤣🤣

I would imagine the number of post removed doesn't matter it might of been me and my fakes keep reporting him not his posts 🤣🤣

I've reported a few too. I believe I had four of the six I reported removed, and they were personal, 'uncivil or unkind', comments directed at Nick D.

Lettitia and Margaret have both responded and it appears that the ban was done from over their heads, so I would guess at serial offending being the reason.

I'll let the OM know and they can follow up if they have any proper hacks willing to pick up the phone to the OCC, CDC and maybe IM himself since he likes to talk a lot to put the story about there. The people of Yarnton and Begbroke deserve to know how their councillor is spending his hours anyway.

I've reported a few too. I believe I had four of the six I reported removed, and they were personal, 'uncivil or unkind', comments directed at Nick D.

Lettitia and Margaret have both responded and it appears that the ban was done from over their heads, so I would guess at serial offending being the reason.

I'll let the OM know and they can follow up if they have any proper hacks willing to pick up the phone to the OCC, CDC and maybe IM himself since he likes to talk a lot to put the story about there. The people of Yarnton and Begbroke deserve to know how their councillor is spending his hours anyway.
I only put one screen shot I don't see the ones you reported my one was Screenshot_2023-08-25-20-21-18-57_a5e8fe7543e41cfbc6cdd74088af5b74.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom