General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all our suspicion of her, Lettitia D. does remove nonsense like this. I’ve had four of IM’s posts removed that I felt were inappropriate and she was quick to remove them.

Can anyone point to any other councillor who acts in the way that IM acts? It’s so unprofessional.
When she's called out on it she does indeed act just to show her claim of impartial but that will only last for a day and then normal service will resume

HS2 is a prime example. We probably all live within somewhere close of the project. But at the end of the day, even with the Tory cronyism, it’s still a project worth seeing through. It might not benefit us directly with a station, but it will increase capacity on the network, freeing up services on the congested west coast main line.
Have you actually read anything about it apart from tory propaganda?

For all our suspicion of her, Lettitia D. does remove nonsense like this. I’ve had four of IM’s posts removed that I felt were inappropriate and she was quick to remove them.

Can anyone point to any other councillor who acts in the way that IM acts? It’s so unprofessional.

I wonder how many actual posts by Middleton have been removed?

Could be an interesting story for the local media or Private Eye to get their teeth into.

Have you actually read anything about it apart from tory propaganda?
Yes. Although I do agree it has been grossly mismanaged and the overspend is eye watering. Not to mention the oversized footprint it’s taking up.
I would also add it’s possibly not the highest priority stretch of a completed high speed network either, but that’s not to say it shouldn’t be built at all.
Essentially, mixing non stop rail traffic with trains stopping at intermediate stations (as we currently do) fills the capacity of a line much faster, and very inefficiently.
By keeping fast and slow trains separate, it more than doubles the capacity of trying to run both together on the same line.
Another thing that’s overlooked in these discussions is freight, which covers 4.08 billion tonne kilometres (TKM) a year, and is itself operating at full capacity. Freight hugely benefits from high speed rail for the reasons stated above.
The principle case for a UK high speed rail network is a strong one. But if HS2 is pulled, and it fails to extend past Birmingham, then the whole project will be a complete failure and total waste of money!

I wonder how many actual posts by Middleton have been removed?

Could be an interesting story for the local media or Private Eye to get their teeth into.
Private Eye run a page/ column titled Rotten Boroughs- they even have annual Rotten Borrough 'awards'... Rotten Boroughs, exposing, investigating and reporting on wrongdoings and the like in local politics

(IMO) they'd have a field day, should they cast their spotlight on certain councillors involved with the Green party in the Kidlington area of Oxfordshire

While high speed trains are a nice idea they benefit so few people that the cost of it barely makes it worth it. Would of been better of spending the money connecting up towns, villages that don’t have access to trains, local rail basically, so places like Witney, Abingdon etc have a train that runs into Oxford for example.

HS1 benefits people who already live near the stations it runs from, they will just have a shorter time on the train, it won’t encourage a lot of new people to use them. Whereas improving the the network as a whole would make rail travel more realistic for millions for everyday journeys, not just the few who travel that specific route.

While high speed trains are a nice idea they benefit so few people that the cost of it barely makes it worth it. Would of been better of spending the money connecting up towns, villages that don’t have access to trains, local rail basically, so places like Witney, Abingdon etc have a train that runs into Oxford for example.

HS1 benefits people who already live near the stations it runs from, they will just have a shorter time on the train, it won’t encourage a lot of new people to use them. Whereas improving the the network as a whole would make rail travel more realistic for millions for everyday journeys, not just the few who travel that specific route.
Witney really does need a rail connection to Oxford. The problem is Witney isn’t big enough to have a railway terminating in the town. From a cost and capacity point of view, it would only make sense to have a through station with the line connecting to well used lines at each end. Obviously not a problem at the Oxford end, but trickier the other side of Witney.
If a town or villages sits close to an existing railway line, then a station should certainly be opened. For example Kennington, Steventon, north Kidlington, Ardley et cetera.

HS2, like all infrastructure projects, doesn’t have to directly benefit everyone in the country. But if properly completed to a justifiable spend, there are plenty of indirect benefits for this area. To start with, the local rail network would have the spare capacity to put on more local services.
HS2 could also ease the housing pressures on the area. Bicester has doubled in size over the last 20 years, due to its fast rail connections to London, with Kidlington and surrounding areas set to do the same. HS2 hugely widens the commuter belt, allowing people to commute daily to London from other parts of the country, which in turn means the much needed new houses can be spread over a larger area. This has the potential to make housing more affordable in areas like Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire whist also protecting some of the (genuine) green belt.

He might and I say might of been banned/suspended, you said in your post to him it's been greyed out well when you click on his profile all the posts that he's started have disappeared? But his comments in other people posts remain

He might and I say might of been banned/suspended, you said in your post to him it's been greyed out well when you click on his profile all the posts that he's started have disappeared? But his comments in other people posts remain

Nextdoor is a horrendous platform. Things disappear and reappear. Posts end up in the wrong place and the like so it may be best to check again later.

As for his conduct, I can point to a few of these that IM has crossed the line over and I feel that Nick D would be justified going to CDC if he wants to or feels he needs to. The fact that that I have had four posts from IM directed at Nick removed suggests that even the less-than-neutral Nextdoor mods agree with me!

Nextdoor is a horrendous platform. Things disappear and reappear. Posts end up in the wrong place and the like so it may be best to check again later.

As for his conduct, I can point to a few of these that IM has crossed the line over and I feel that Nick D would be justified going to CDC if he wants to or feels he needs to. The fact that that I have had four posts from IM directed at Nick removed suggests that even the less-than-neutral Nextdoor mods agree with me!

i trust someone has screenshots of them saved?

I blame Beeching!

is that apart from the leading FoSB member , who called the unnecessary KPC poll ( costing £7k) , was also the seconder of Cllr Middleton's candidacy in the recent local elections? - And FoSB do seem privvy to inside OCC CDC and KPC information in advance of it becoming public too, almost as if they have someone inside all those organisations tipping them off ( not that it can be proven easily whether or not they do have a mole working on their behalf) but it is all rather coincidental IMO - but apart from that of course he has no direct contact with them , believe that & you'll probably believe both Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy are real as well
You bastard! You've broken my heart!

Last edited:

Nick is a really intelligent person he really knows how to get up Ian's nose from what I can gather from a few dm from nick the pair have history Ian made a complaint about him which was rejected

Superb. Any photos of the banner reminding people to write to the County Council Cabinet members?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom