General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've reported a few too. I believe I had four of the six I reported removed, and they were personal, 'uncivil or unkind', comments directed at Nick D.

Lettitia and Margaret have both responded and it appears that the ban was done from over their heads, so I would guess at serial offending being the reason.

I'll let the OM know and they can follow up if they have any proper hacks willing to pick up the phone to the OCC, CDC and maybe IM himself since he likes to talk a lot to put the story about there. The people of Yarnton and Begbroke deserve to know how their councillor is spending his hours anyway.
Those 2 are the ones to watch Margaret is the lead lettitia is the review team lettitia doesn't post much Margaret does the posting if they want a post removed they like the post above it then it gets reported it's as if it's a code so everyone jumps on it

I have far to much time working these things out 🤣🤣

If that gets onto the OM that would put the cat amongst the pigeons so to speak.
It will be ignored needs every one to do it so they take notice no doubt they would ask Ian and he would deny it so that will be the end of it

I've sent this to the OM with a couple of screengrabs. There's to do with it what they will. It makes me feel good making the internet a safer place (for OUFC fans).

Current Oxfordshire County Council (OCC), Cherwell District Council (CDC) and Kidlington District Council (KPC) councillor Ian Middleton has recently been suspended from the Nextdoor social media platform. He is a prolific user of it, often documenting his activities as a councillor with posts and photos.

The platform has been a hive of activity for fans and opponents of Oxford United (OUFC)’s new stadium at The Triangle with posts relating to it generating hundreds of comments. Cllr Middleton has often involved himself in these to-and-fro disagreements with supporters of the stadium, despite him frequently claiming a position of ‘neutrality’ or ‘open mindedness’ to the stadium development. However, some of these conversations have evolved into arguments for which Cllr Middleton has had comments removed. I requested that a number of his comments were removed which the moderators agreed with because I felt they were uncivil and unkind in nature (Fig 1) and went against the ethos of the platform.

Since then, he has been suspended from the site although one of the moderators (Margaret B.) for the neighbourhood believe that it was someone else on the Nextdoor platform that did this (Fig 2.). This may be due to a totting up process of removed comments since I know others have reported his comments on the platform. The local moderators aren’t in a position to disclose the exact reasons why.

I report this as I feel that the Oxford Mail should be investigating the activities of our local councillors. If our local councillors are getting involved in needless social spats and, as I suspect, breaking and/or breeching the Code of Conduct laid down by the councils they represent by doing so, it would be important for the local population to know about this. Cllr Middleton should, of course, have the right to respond to his suspension as well.

I've just received an invitation to a Zoom meeting about the stadium from the club, to be held in the evening of 7th September, so again more engagement from OUFC. Unfortunately I'm on holiday then, hopefully there will be a good attendance for it.

I've just received an invitation to a Zoom meeting about the stadium from the club, to be held in the evening of 7th September, so again more engagement from OUFC. Unfortunately I'm on holiday then, hopefully there will be a good attendance for it.
I’m sure they’ll rearrange it if you can’t make it.

If it does go ahead, I’ll be joining. Good timing for a final push to get people to email Cabinet members.

Same here.(invited) I shall open a special packet of biscuits for the occasion.

:rolleyes:. The clip itself is actually pretty funny and captures some of the utter crash justifications that some Manchester United fans have posted about Mason Greenwood on social medial. However, it's the context here that our neutral friend is using this clip in. It's another dig, another needle, another piece of evidence to show that he isn't neutral. He doesn't understand that unless OUFC move, they die. The site is good because of other ancillary benefits as well.

One comment underneath says he's been kicked off Nextdoor. I haven't been on it for a few days and noticed that he isn't searchable nor does his bearded face appear when you click his name (since his comment remain). Such is the general pants nature of Nextdoor, it may not be the case but hopefully he's broken enough rules to be booted off. That'll teach him.
Do not engage with him is my advice. He's clearly looking for bites. Pathetic from an elected councillor.

Do not engage with him is my advice. He's clearly looking for bites. Pathetic from an elected councillor.
Not that I'm going to myself, but engaging with him has proved to be quite effective in recent times.

Keep it respectful but challenge him and wait for him to tie himself in knots.

agree 100%

that social media post is a blatant attempt to goad and provoke people- NOT the sort of behavior that should be displayed from someone claiming to be neutral , and very poor behavior from an elected (multi) , councillor - Parish , District or County - a disgrace to his political party IMO

Last edited:
agree 100%

that social media post is a blatant attempt to goad and provoke people- NOT the sort of behavior that should be displayed from someone claiming to be neutral , and very poor behavior from an elected (multi) , councillor - Parish , District or County - a disgrace to his political party IMO
Well it's not going to reach many people, he has blocked most of the fan base on twitter :ROFLMAO:

I only put one screen shot I don't see the ones you reported my one was View attachment 15343

That’s pathetically immature behaviour from Middleton.

I’m genuinely surprised that the local Green Party and fellow councillor tolerate it, reflects very poorly on him, the party he’s meant to represent, and his friends at FOSB.

Now he’s deliberately goading football supporters. Time he grew up.

That’s pathetically immature behaviour from Middleton.

I’m genuinely surprised that the local Green Party and fellow councillor tolerate it, reflects very poorly on him, the party he’s meant to represent, and his friends at FOSB.

Now he’s deliberately goading football supporters. Time he grew up.
someone might of sent that picture to the green party and occ and cdc

90% of us on here are local, and I'd guess that many take an interest in local politics as well as environmental issues. But how many of us had any idea about Ian Middleton 18 months ago?

Look across his twitter account, on the Nextdoor platform, look at the minutes of KPC, OCC or CDC and try to find anything meaningful that he's achieved? Even in his recent county council election campaign he had to apologise for hugely exaggerating his involvement in a local food bank.

Once this is all over, he will return to being a nondescript local councillor who involves himself in lots but achieves little.

90% of us on here are local, and I'd guess that many take an interest in local politics as well as environmental issues. But how many of us had any idea about Ian Middleton 18 months ago?

Look across his twitter account, on the Nextdoor platform, look at the minutes of KPC, OCC or CDC and try to find anything meaningful that he's achieved? Even in his recent county council election campaign he had to apologise for hugely exaggerating his involvement in a local food bank.

Once this is all over, he will return to being a nondescript local councillor who involves himself in lots but achieves little.
Whether he is even a local mp after all this is a question in itself. The man has managed to dig his own grave and upset so many people I think it will be hard for him to ever come back from it.
Every lie he has spouted has been exposed and his latest postings have shown him up to be a horrible little individual.

Interestingly I spoke to my brother today about the land and the stadium. My brother is a big advocate for keeping green belt land and helping the environment but even he said the triangle is only green belt land by name but realistically it is contaminated waste land now due to neglect and would be shocked that the club wouldn’t be able to build a stadium on there. He said that looking at the plans that are out there, the club is actually doing more for the environment with green space, trees etc than what is currently there.

Whether he is even a local mp after all this is a question in itself. The man has managed to dig his own grave and upset so many people I think it will be hard for him to ever come back from it.
Every lie he has spouted has been exposed and his latest postings have shown him up to be a horrible little individual.

Interestingly I spoke to my brother today about the land and the stadium. My brother is a big advocate for keeping green belt land and helping the environment but even he said the triangle is only green belt land by name but realistically it is contaminated waste land now due to neglect and would be shocked that the club wouldn’t be able to build a stadium on there. He said that looking at the plans that are out there, the club is actually doing more for the environment with green space, trees etc than what is currently there.

He isn't an MP, just a Councillor on local councils (can't remember the actual number).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom