New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

If there was ever any doubt that Cllr. Middleton was anything other than a deluded and sorry individual, then his document posted on the planning portal should have dispelled those doubts.
He contradicts himself. He conjures up statistics of such fanciful nature as to cast doubt on his own sanity. He misquotes, he lies and he seeks to create a narrative of such calamity that he just cannot be taken seriously.

If the Green party do not wish to tarnish their respectability any further, then they need to distance themselves from this charlatan and, very quickly.

The Lib Dems by their alliance with Middleton are also tarnished.

Getting into bed with the modern day Green Party is not a good political move, have a look north of the border.

if they had actually read chiltern railways response most of the changings they are suggesting are all ready in the planning plus dare i say it they have also suggested where the bridge should go View attachment 19306
No way they would want this not to be built. Will literally bring in an extra £500k if not more easily over a season.

There are lots of grammatical, typographical and factual errors in Middleton’s objection.

One gaffe in that objection is where he asserts there aren’t any stadiums near large housing areas!

What is crystal clear is that Middleton knows very little; probably next to nothing about football.
Brentford is literally build around property’s, so is Leyton orients, in fact they are incorporated into the stadium 🤣

The usual stuff in there. His objections are misinformed and lack understanding regarding modern development. Moaning about the green belt ignores the significant community and economic benefits this project would deliver - the situation the club finds itself in, as a community institution, is the exact kind of circumstance that the VSC is meant for. Green belts are intended to prevent cities from merging, but they must also serve the communities they border. The stadium development is not just unchecked urban sprawl!! It's going to be an asset to the local community and economy.

Again he complains about the site's size and transport plans, neglecting the capabilities of modern stadium designs that are capable of handling large crowds (particularly next to a mainline train station). Environmental concerns are important, but these are overblown as we already know.

It's just the usual combination of fear mongering and profound disconnect from the realities of modern development and planning. Pure negative vibes.

Of course Middleton has to try and redirect it and make it about him
Just update for everyone, first of all sorry if anyone doesn’t agree with the article or the way it was published. However unfortunately I had been in contact with the Oxford mail over the last few days, we arranged a time for a phone call to discuss the letter and my views on it. Much to my surprise however the reporter I’d been in contact with never got in touch and I’ve woken this morning to find out the article has already been published without any input or dialogue from myself, yet the still find the time to give IM a chance to spin it in his favour!

I haven’t had a chance to read the article yet, how does it come across?

Just update for everyone, first of all sorry if anyone doesn’t agree with the article or the way it was published. However unfortunately I had been in contact with the Oxford mail over the last few days, we arranged a time for a phone call to discuss the letter and my views on it. Much to my surprise however the reporter I’d been in contact with never got in touch and I’ve woken this morning to find out the article has already been published without any input or dialogue from myself, yet the still find the time to give IM a chance to spin it in his favour!

Well that's shocking and incredibly poor from the OM

IM consistently uses conjecture and wild assumptions to support his views and disregards evidence-based arguments to the contrary. The below excerpt is a perfect example of this.

"The proposal states that ‘many of our fans live within 20 minutes walk, cycle, or on public transport of the proposed location’. This is not the case as their principal fanbase is in located East Oxford. As such public transport, cycling or walking would less desirable."

Firstly, what his he basing his assertion that the club's 'principal fanbase is in located (sic) East Oxford"? Would that be your classist snobbery on display yet again, Ian? Secondly, the proposal quite clearly says 'many'. Not all, not a majority, not a significant proportion. 'Many'.

And yet in the next paragraph he says a survey conducted by the club isn't reliable because it was completed by football supporters? Umm, Ian, you know football supporters will be the ones using the stadium the most, don't you? Surely, then, they're the most appropriate demographic to survey?

"There seems to be little evidence that the current travel profile of fans attending matches which shows 90% travelling by car would change significantly, at least in the short term. This is likely to lead to problems locally with congestion and nuisance parking. Indeed the Sustainable Transport Statement contained in the application appears to be based on surveys of football supporters, many of whom have a vested interest in the stadium moving and so would be likely to say they would change their transport choices. This is not a reliable source of data as there’s no way of knowing if this would result in an actual change in behaviour."

The whole thing is a bag of contradictions and, if I was on the planning committee, I'd actually be quite insulted that a councillor would question my intelligence to such an extent that they would submit such a biased, self-serving objection and think I'd not see through it.

Expect the Mail to print tweets, comments from Oxford fans to Anti-Stadium individuals. We've mercilessly taken the P**s out of them, got angry with them and challenged them. They'll use anything they can to deflect and use stuff.

They've been all over my X account, Facebook and even Linkedin - I'm sure to find comment. The Mail can use what's on Social Media without your permission if you have set it to public

IM consistently uses conjecture and wild assumptions to support his views and disregards evidence-based arguments to the contrary. The below excerpt is a perfect example of this.

"The proposal states that ‘many of our fans live within 20 minutes walk, cycle, or on public transport of the proposed location’. This is not the case as their principal fanbase is in located East Oxford. As such public transport, cycling or walking would less desirable."

Firstly, what his he basing his assertion that the club's 'principal fanbase is in located (sic) East Oxford"? Would that be your classist snobbery on display yet again, Ian? Secondly, the proposal quite clearly says 'many'. Not all, not a majority, not a significant proportion. 'Many'.

And yet in the next paragraph he says a survey conducted by the club isn't reliable because it was completed by football supporters? Umm, Ian, you know football supporters will be the ones using the stadium the most, don't you? Surely, then, they're the most appropriate demographic to survey?

"There seems to be little evidence that the current travel profile of fans attending matches which shows 90% travelling by car would change significantly, at least in the short term. This is likely to lead to problems locally with congestion and nuisance parking. Indeed the Sustainable Transport Statement contained in the application appears to be based on surveys of football supporters, many of whom have a vested interest in the stadium moving and so would be likely to say they would change their transport choices. This is not a reliable source of data as there’s no way of knowing if this would result in an actual change in behaviour."

The whole thing is a bag of contradictions and, if I was on the planning committee, I'd actually be quite insulted that a councillor would question my intelligence to such an extent that they would submit such a biased, self-serving objection and think I'd not see through it.
the dangerous thing is with Gant and Levy coming out publically against the stadium, and presumably excluding themselves, is that IM as reserve for CDC planning cabinet, that somehow , despite his bias shown, gets to slither his way onto CDC Planning cabinet ( Id put nothing past his slipperyness )alongside his missus

Of course Middleton has to try and redirect it and make it about him
Here's a reminder, from 3 May 2023, a full year ago, of the "victim" Middleton.

Victoria Campbell
The club say they are being kicked out (after only 20 years or so) but won't provide evidence to back this up. Oxford City Council have remained completely silent and won't confirm if/why they can't compulsorily purchase the site. They probably want it for housing. The County Council has assumed responsibility for some reason for rehousing the club. The club say there's no other small triangle sized pieces of land available anywhere in the County apparently (despite a report indicating otherwise) so Kidlington has to give up one of its last green spaces. All in all, a rather baffling, shambolic and undemocratic process has unfolded.

Colin Barson
You're on a roll today Victoria. More lies from you.
The club have provided evidence to the County Council regarding the licence ending at The Kassam. The club have looked at every and any possible site over the last five years, so again you're wrong in your assertion that there are other available sites. I see that when you know you're cornered, you (like all of your group) revert to the same old "why don't they stay at The Kassam" argument. It's not happening, it can't happen, hence the club are FORCED to look for a new home.
I expect your friend Councillor Middleton will be along soon to back you up, thereby giving further proof to the lie that he is neutral.

Ian Middleton
I'm not getting involved in your distasteful little spats with local residents Colin. You obviously enjoy publicly bullying and berating women online so I'll leave people to draw their own conclusions about that.

But I suppose I will ask why the club would have been looking at other sites for "five years" when I understand they had the option to renew their licence less than 5 years ago but declined to do so.
The Savills report on alternative sites presented to OCC also showed a number of potential locations that don't seem to have been fully explored. Perhaps this is because the report wasn't completed until October last year, 8 months after the club claimed it had looked at every possible other option. As someone who I understand has been involved in this project for "several years" perhaps you could clarify.

Colin Barson
You have got a nerve Councillor Middleton. I have previously posted several facts on this platform, in an attempt to inform people and correct some of the misinformation being posted. Certain posters have clearly demonstrated, however, that they have absolutely no interest in debate.
You do not know me, and I object in the strongest terms to your opening paragraph. You can either delete it, apologise, or if you don't it is YOU that people will be drawing their own conclusions about.

It was on the Nextdoor platform and resulted in me making an official complaint to both CDC and OCC about him. I haven't included the full exchange, and have highlighted his abusive comments toward me. I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but how this guy has the nerve to accuse us of being the abusers when he acts like this is remarkable.

It's also interesting to see that we're STILL having the same circular argument about the licence at The Kassam Stadium a year later. They have got nothing else.

They've threatened police action, legal action and other nonsense. They are fighting hard and don't expect them to roll over. They are close to the end with only a few options left. They're desperate and the constant misinformation is being repeated ad-infinitum.

This is delaying time now and them hoping for some kind of government or divine intervention. I've been told Middleton has got obsessed with us, he doesn't want to lose to a load of oiks. He'll not walk off into the sunset quietly so be prepared. I'm absolutely fine with him wanting to make any kind of complaint about me personally. I've got more than enough on him and his behavior, I've also spoken to TVP (and have an open crime number for an incident I have not spoken publicly about) and legal representatives for the councils. he can spout but his socials are mixed with his Cllr content and what he claims is his own opinion, key thing here is him commenting on Council, Political and personal views off his socials. He knows he can't actually start naming people or he enters dangerous legal ground.

Here's a reminder, from 3 May 2023, a full year ago, of the "victim" Middleton.

Victoria Campbell
The club say they are being kicked out (after only 20 years or so) but won't provide evidence to back this up. Oxford City Council have remained completely silent and won't confirm if/why they can't compulsorily purchase the site. They probably want it for housing. The County Council has assumed responsibility for some reason for rehousing the club. The club say there's no other small triangle sized pieces of land available anywhere in the County apparently (despite a report indicating otherwise) so Kidlington has to give up one of its last green spaces. All in all, a rather baffling, shambolic and undemocratic process has unfolded.

Colin Barson
You're on a roll today Victoria. More lies from you.
The club have provided evidence to the County Council regarding the licence ending at The Kassam. The club have looked at every and any possible site over the last five years, so again you're wrong in your assertion that there are other available sites. I see that when you know you're cornered, you (like all of your group) revert to the same old "why don't they stay at The Kassam" argument. It's not happening, it can't happen, hence the club are FORCED to look for a new home.
I expect your friend Councillor Middleton will be along soon to back you up, thereby giving further proof to the lie that he is neutral.

Ian Middleton
I'm not getting involved in your distasteful little spats with local residents Colin. You obviously enjoy publicly bullying and berating women online so I'll leave people to draw their own conclusions about that.

But I suppose I will ask why the club would have been looking at other sites for "five years" when I understand they had the option to renew their licence less than 5 years ago but declined to do so.
The Savills report on alternative sites presented to OCC also showed a number of potential locations that don't seem to have been fully explored. Perhaps this is because the report wasn't completed until October last year, 8 months after the club claimed it had looked at every possible other option. As someone who I understand has been involved in this project for "several years" perhaps you could clarify.

Colin Barson
You have got a nerve Councillor Middleton. I have previously posted several facts on this platform, in an attempt to inform people and correct some of the misinformation being posted. Certain posters have clearly demonstrated, however, that they have absolutely no interest in debate.
You do not know me, and I object in the strongest terms to your opening paragraph. You can either delete it, apologise, or if you don't it is YOU that people will be drawing their own conclusions about.

It was on the Nextdoor platform and resulted in me making an official complaint to both CDC and OCC about him. I haven't included the full exchange, and have highlighted his abusive comments toward me. I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but how this guy has the nerve to accuse us of being the abusers when he acts like this is remarkable.

It's also interesting to see that we're STILL having the same circular argument about the licence at The Kassam Stadium a year later. They have got nothing else.
Oh the irony of that statement by Middleton, considering his historic tweets.

A complete and utter hypocrite.

Right enough is enough this is absolutely appalling stuff from The Mail
Charlie doesn’t get the courtesy of an interview and there is Middleton all over it. The Mail even say they have contacted both CDC and OUFC for comment but not the actual person who received the letter.
I know many of us have written to the Mail on an individual basis but is there any way we can organise a letter with mass signatures coming from Oxvox or OUSP stating how bias they are in their reporting of the Stadium
Not sure anything could be done by Saturday but at the moment I am so incensed and feel one letter from me does nothing.
Are we able to do this?

Back
Top Bottom