General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s only a couple of £ for 11 hours anyway tho! Hardly a deal breaker?

Plus wouldn’t the residential roads have match day restrictions like the streets around the ground have now?

I am generally concerned that the reaction to Stratford Brake hasn’t been better, given it’s basically out of Kidlington and in a fairly open space, but guess that’s to be expected

It is but that still may put some people off after 25 years of free parking at the Kassam. It's a positive, albeit a small one but should ease some of the concerns about parking.

How much of a 'Green Lung' does the current Stratfield Brake provide, considering most of it is a sports field? It's not a forest, and aren't the wooded areas going to be protected anyway under the new development?

There is a serious point with regards traffic pollution in Oxford to be made, just not sure that this is it.

How much of a 'Green Lung' does the current Stratfield Brake provide, considering most of it is a sports field? It's not a forest, and aren't the wooded areas going to be protected anyway under the new development?

There is a serious point with regards traffic pollution in Oxford to be made, just not sure that this is it.

Exactly, the O2 producing capabilities of Stratfield Brake, especially the part earmarked for the stadium would be negligible if any at all.

We're not looking to build a coal burning power station there.

Surely the new stadium will reduce car travel from the current usage compared to going to the Kassam... so its better air pollution wise.

The bike lanes around there now actually are OK, the Greens have had a fair bit of success in that regard. Plenty of bike parking at Ox Parkway and hopefully more at the Stadium.

If I lived within 20 miles of SB I would attend matches using my electric bike. But first the council(s) would have to make safe, separate bike lanes.
That is not meant a a joke. That is what I do here in the Netherlands.
Following the Dutch model, the Council could also provide some Cannabis cafes for when the match situations get too stressful. The club could ensure it only signs 'cloggers'.

'Developments like this make Stratfield Brake even more vital as public green space'. I read this first to mean Friends of Stratfield Brake were endorsing the football stadium which by definition has a large patch of green grass right in the middle of it which the public then visit and enjoy every 14 days or so. It also ticks the natural regeneration box as the grass is left to heal itself over the Summer months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom