New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

These are the wards up for election on Thursday 2nd May 2024 in Cherwell District Council and West Oxfordshire District Council respectively.

I have listed the previous result (first two parties) in that particular ward.

C.D.C

Adderbury, Bloxham & Bodicote LD / CON

Banbury Calthorpe & Easington LAB / CON

Banbury Cross & Nelthorpe LAB / CON

Banbury Grimsby & Hightown LAB / CON

Banbury Hardwick LAB / CON

Banbury Ruscote LAB / CON

Bicester East GREEN / CON

Bicester North & Caversfield LD / CON

Bicester South & Ambroseden LD / CON

Bicester West IND / CON

Cropredy, Sibfords & Wroxton CON / LD (No Green candidate standing) *

Deddington CON / LAB

Fringford & Heyfords CON / LD

Kidlington East GREEN / CON

Kidlington West LD / CON **

Launton & Otmoor LD / CON **

* No Green Candidate standing this time, previously Vicky Campbell stood for the Greens.
** Green Candidate standing this time, previously no green candidate stood.

Conclusion;

Banbury appears to be a straight fight between Labour and Conservative.

Conservatives are the best placed party to beat the LibDems and the Greens in all the other wards.

Last time out an independent won Bicester West with Conservative next. The same ward has another independent standing this time. Views on stadium need clarification.

W.O.D.C.

Chadlington & Churchill CON / LD

Chalbury & Finstock LD / CON

Chipping Norton LAB / CON

Eynsham & Cassington LD / CON

Freeland & Hanborough LD / CON

Hailey, Minster Lovell & Leafield CON LD

Kingham , Rollright & Enstone CON / GREEN (No LD Candidate)

Milton U Wychwood CON / LD

North Leigh CON / LAB

Standlake, Aston & Stanto Harcourt CON / LD

Stonesfield & Tackley LD / CON (LD candidate Gareth Epps supportive of stadium)

Witney Central LAB / CON

Witney East LAB / CON

Witney North GREEN / IND / CON ( No LD candidate last time, but there is this time, & no Ind candidate this time)

Witney South LAB / CON

Witney West CON / LAB

Woodstock & Bladon LD / CON (Con candidate is Ian Hudspeth, known OUFC fan)

Conclusion;

Like Banbury, Witney, Chipping Norton and North Leigh appears to be a straight fight between Labour and Conservative, apart from Witney North.

Conservatives are the best placed party to beat the LibDems and the Greens in all the other wards.

Witney North; Greens won last time out, but LDs did not stand.

LibDems not fielding a candidate in Kingham.

Hopefully I’ve got that all correct, please feel free to put me right!

These are the wards up for election on Thursday 2nd May 2024 in Cherwell District Council and West Oxfordshire District Council respectively.

C.D.C

Bicester West IND / CON

Deddington CON / LAB

* No Green Candidate standing this time, previously Vicky Campbell stood for the Greens.

Conclusion;

Last time out an independent won Bicester West with Conservative next. The same ward has another independent standing this time. Views on stadium need clarification.

W.O.D.C.

North Leigh CON / LAB

Witney Central LAB / CON

Witney East LAB / CON

Witney North GREEN / IND / CON ( No LD candidate last time, but there is this time, & no Ind candidate this time)

Witney South LAB / CON

Witney West CON / LAB

Conclusion;

Like Banbury, Witney, Chipping Norton and North Leigh appears to be a straight fight between Labour and Conservative, apart from Witney North.

Given the irrefutable links between the Greens and FoSB, we can't vote green. Given the LibDem/Green alliance we can't vote LibDem.

C.D.C

Bicester West IND / CON

Deddington CON / LAB

Conclusion;

W.O.D.C.

North Leigh CON / LAB

Witney Central LAB / CON

Witney East LAB / CON

Witney South LAB / CON

Witney West CON / LAB

Conclusion;

wasnt Croperdy where Vicky 'FoSB' Campbell lost her deposit standing as a 'green' in the last local elections?

wasnt Croperdy where Vicky 'FoSB' Campbell lost her deposit standing as a 'green' in the last local elections?
You'd have thought she would realise that she was out of her depth then... But somehow she's standing again elsewhere!

Correct Sarge, she came last.

No Green standing in that ward this time so their vote likely to go to LibDems.

Appears local LibDems and Greens have come to an ‘agreement’.

Standing in Cropredy just shows how clueless they are at times as a nailed on safe Tory seat. My mum was leafleted by LD people in the Adderbury seat this morning and she questioned about 3 times regarding the Triangle and they are very much in favour. The very north of the county LD people have slightly different opinions to those around Kidlington.

Standing in Cropredy just shows how clueless they are at times as a nailed on safe Tory seat. My mum was leafleted by LD people in the Adderbury seat this morning and she questioned about 3 times regarding the Triangle and they are very much in favour. The very north of the county LD people have slightly different opinions to those around Kidlington.

This is one of the issues the Councillors in Kidlington, North Oxford and the prospective LD candidate (Callum Miller) for the new Bicester and Woodstock constituency have failed to grasp and understand. This is a wonderful opportunity for a world class community asset for the whole of Oxfordshire, it’s a county issue far more than it is a local issue.

Fosb do not represent the views of Kidlington let alone the whole of Oxfordshire. They are just a very small group of shouty nimbys, and it’s time local politicians and councillors realised that.

lan Middleton • Yarnton I'm frequently bemused by how some football fans on here are surprised at the lack of support for their proposals after they spend so much time running down the village and it's facilities instead of working to make the best of what we have and maybe make it better. I don't remember there being so many complaints about sports provision in Kidlington before the stadium proposals
popped up. As someone who grew up in an inner city area with one park and a swimming pool that was closed for most of the year, we'd have loved to have the sorts of facilities available in this area. I guess it just goes to show that people are never satisfied with what they've got and always expect someone else to
make it better.

Remember this post by the infamous councillor? As for making it better, that’s what why we are doing our hardest to achieve and will continue working towards a better facility for the youth of the area.

One way we can help this happen is by making our votes count on Thursday.

C.D.C

Bicester West IND / CON

Deddington CON / LAB

Conclusion;

W.O.D.C.

North Leigh CON / LAB

Witney Central LAB / CON

Witney East LAB / CON

Witney South LAB / CON

Witney West CON / LAB

Conclusion;

Nice one @Yellow River, just to check, when you say previous results in the ward, is that the last time there was an election in the ward, which in many cases would be 2023 and a fairly accurate reflection of how things will go again this time, or the last time these specific seats were up for grabs in 2021?

It could make a big difference as the 2021 election was when Labour were led by Corbyn and took a pasting , the picture is likely to be quite different in 2024 now. It's also not always ideal to simply list first and second. These local elections are often won by a handful of votes, and the difference between second and third could be in the hundreds or even single figures, meaning whoever came third might actually be best placed to now win the seat in light of current opinion polls etc.

In the last election the Bicester West Independent was reliably pro stadium, but not sure if the same applies to this candidate, though they will be favourite to win the seat.

Just an update for everyone, I’ve just been contacted by the Oxford Mail who want to run a story on the letter I received.
If you do indeed go ahead with the interview insist that Middleton isnt quoted he has completely turned it from being about someone against the stadium sending hate mail to being all about him and so called threatening behaviour by "football supporters"

If you do indeed go ahead with the interview insist that Middleton isnt quoted he has completely turned it from being about someone against the stadium sending hate mail to being all about him and so called threatening behaviour by "football supporters"
Yes agree with Billy, Middleton has once again performed his famous mental gymnastics to make it all about himself again.

I would be willing to bet money that FoSB know who is responsible for that letter. I assume they haven't made a comment via their usual channels yet?

Looking on the Friends of Stratfield Brake website in the Contacts section. Why is it that if you wanted to get in touch with them through the post, the PO BOX is in Poole Dorset which is 100 miles away. You would have thought that the PO BOX would be in Kidlington or Oxford.

Looking on the Friends of Stratfield Brake website in the Contacts section. Why is it that if you wanted to get in touch with them through the post, the PO BOX is in Poole Dorset which is 100 miles away. You would have thought that the PO BOX would be in Kidlington or Oxford.
They've done that to "protect their volunteers privacy" which is a tactic to say "football fans are scum and have sent hate mail" which there is no proof of.

Kind of ironic considering the events of the last few days. Takes one to know one I guess.

Back
Top Bottom