NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be quite happy with this appointment.

An experienced coaching team behind him, fresh ideas, experience of coaching and player management, a clear vision for the club (ala Apples) and clearly a manager that players will listen to given his career.

Also strikes me as being a tough bastard when needed - I think we need a bit of steel and he would engender a bit more spirit amongst the squad and club more generally.

All managerial appointments are a risk - I just personally think this could be have potential.

Just don’t invite him to any of the OUFC Golf Days.
Luckily Les Robinsons testimonal golf day was in october then!

• React
Reactions: MJB
Er, yes?

Faz with his 50 odd years in the game and Chrissy Allen who has been coaching for, what, half a decade now after a number of years coaching our own youth very successfully.

Plus Wayne Brown who seems to work well with our best keeper in decades and a physio and fitness team who seem second to none.

That experienced coaching team.
Sorry I thought you were meaning Bellamy bringing his own experienced team. I’m happy with Faz Allen and Brown

Nice that The Sun can announce it ahead of the club. And we don't matter either. Great marketing and press management.
You are presuming the sun is right, this is football you know and nothing has happened until the official announcement.

Er, yes?

Faz with his 50 odd years in the game and Chrissy Allen who has been coaching for, what, half a decade now after a number of years coaching our own youth very successfully.

Plus Wayne Brown who seems to work well with our best keeper in decades and a physio and fitness team who seem second to none.

That experienced coaching team.
Sorry I thought you were meaning Bellamy bringing his own experienced team. I’m happy with Faz Allen and Brown

Ah, sorry Barry.

Didn’t mean to mouth off but there has been moaning on here of late which is sometimes completely unjustified.

Glad it wasn’t the case!

I'm neither disappointed or excited by this, assuming it actually happens.

I'm encouraged by some of the things I've read but as to whether it relates to what happens on the pitch we would wait to see. That said I won't be expecting a massive turn around in form immediately, but hopeful one happens, with the injuries and the squad as it is. I would though hope we do enough to definitely be safe from relegation.

Ridiculous comment.
The club will announce when everthing is signed. Quite rightly. The press can say things are likely to happen. Until a contract is signed nothing is definite.
The we dont matter comment in this context is ridiculous.
Not ridiculous if true. Why would they give the story so much credence if all supposition?

Like they did when we were about to announce Lampard, then unsworth u mean ?

Nearly all the media outlets are now reporting it. A lot of journalists are going to look a bit silly if it doesn’t happen

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talksport.com/football/former-liverpool-and-newcastle-star-craig-bellamy-set-be-appointed-oxford-uniteds-new?amp
Except the Oxford Mail of course

To be fair, the Oxford Mail needs to be slightly more careful in running stories based on speculation as they have a long-standing relationship with the club (and much of their readership and associated advertising revenue is dependent on coverage of the club).

We’ve seen all too often local media getting banned from having access to their club (see Newcastle and that lot down the A420) due to grievances so they do need to be careful.

This thread should be ending soon. Sky have it that’s it’s llokung very likely he will be appointed before too long, maybe before the weekend.
I wonder what the hold up. Maybe the promises on transfer funds or his salary.
I would imagine the back room staff would stay in place, although Fazackerley might be on borrowed time after the last few results. Bellamy might bring his own assistant.

Like they did when we were about to announce Lampard, then unsworth u mean ?

Not at all Dave, this has got far greater media coverage. Even Radio 2 gave it a mention. They don't even know who we are! (normal exaggeration!)

Story leaked somewhere?

According to talksport webpage he has been locked in talks for 2 wks with us which may explain a lot OR not as the case may be:)

This thread should be ending soon. Sky have it that’s it’s llokung very likely he will be appointed before too long, maybe before the weekend.
I would imagine the back room staff would stay in place, although Fazackerley might be on borrowed time after the last few results. Bellamy might bring his own assistant.
Perhaps he might once again lace up his boots! Teddy Sheringham, Matthews etc...... maybe you are never too old.........................but then again, is he injury prone?

Perhaps he just wanted to go round and see all our youngsters on loan before he made a decision - which is why its taken so long

According to talksport webpage he has been locked in talks for 2 wks with us which may explain a lot OR not as the case may be:)

It's a big opportunity for an unproved manager who should be jumping at the chance. If we have been locked in talks for that long then who is selling who to each other?

Seems a lot of media coverage for the POSSIBLE appointment of a Division One manager. Long may it continue. Exciting times ahead??

It's a big opportunity for an unproved manager who should be jumping at the chance. If we have been locked in talks for that long then who is selling who to each other?

No its not necessarily. The first step in a career is so important. Many managers dont get a second chance.

A new man will want assurances on funding, support staff, time to build something, etc.

He wont want another pep situation where he was promised the world (funding for a promotion push) but the reality was very different.

Id expect a new first time manager to be very careful about accepting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom