NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and, if he registers as a player manager that's the striker dilemma sorted too...

Could this be why our top scorer is miffed (allegedly)?

?

Finished them in 2014 apparently as has been learning his trade at Cardiff ever since. As high profile ex-players go, Bellamy looks like one who is qualified to make his first foray into management.

Thanks

Just checked Alan Nixon's twitter. Not usually wrong.

To paraphrase it's in the final stages of the deal, being done by current owner.

Wonder if they'll hurry up a press release if the Sun is reporting it now.

Interesting they say current owner and not just owner.

Maybe it’s got to the point where both Darryl and any new owners have said we need to act, the takeover is still a little way off but get him in now. Or he’s pulled the plug on the deal.

Maybe it’s got to the point where both Darryl and any new owners have said we need to act, the takeover is still a little way off but get him in now. Or he’s pulled the plug on the deal.
Or that DE is now back (or shortly back) in the country for the first time in 6 weeks?

I think he would have been part of the myriad of names linked with the job - Stubbs, Unsworth, Beale etc. I think the 'messing about' has come from Eales. I don't mind DE taking his time, but saying next to nothing throughout the process hasn't really helped anyone. Faz, Ledson and now Duberry (for some reason) have all said as much.

As for Bellamy, I'm skeptical. He may come with some plaudits but is this another David Jones's mate appointment? He was complicit in bringing Pep here so let's hope he's brought in someone better than that. Whilst it's good to have someone with a bit of passion and energy, I hope Bellamy can channel it and not become a frustrated bystander on the touchlines who simply looks like he's doing a lot by shouting all the time.

I guess we've got to give him time and accept that this season, and maybe even next, are going to be quiet ones. Get us to 52 points and then let's see what he can do over the summer.

Seen nothing to suggest that DJ and Pep were friends, or even knew eachother, before he got the job?

Or that DE is now back (or shortly back) in the country for the first time in 6 weeks?

Not sure than would have made a difference, didn’t stop him replacing the last manager, or making signings. I’m sure he could have brought in a manager while overseas

Not sure than would have made a difference, didn’t stop him replacing the last manager, or making signings. I’m sure he could have brought in a manager while overseas
It depends on whether he wanted a face to face before appointing him.

Nice that The Sun can announce it ahead of the club. And we don't matter either. Great marketing and press management.
Ridiculous comment.
The club will announce when everthing is signed. Quite rightly. The press can say things are likely to happen. Until a contract is signed nothing is definite.
The we dont matter comment in this context is ridiculous.

Think I might be in a bit of a minority but I'd be happy with this appointment. Having seen a number of interviews and shows he's been on since retiring he's actually far more intelligent than people realise or would expect given the way he was perceived during his playing career. He comes across very well, but whereas Pep was just a 'nice guy' you know that Bellamy will put a rocket up a player if they f*ck up. And wouldn't come out and say we started well after losing 7-0 at home...

I think he would have been part of the myriad of names linked with the job - Stubbs, Unsworth, Beale etc. I think the 'messing about' has come from Eales. I don't mind DE taking his time, but saying next to nothing throughout the process hasn't really helped anyone. Faz, Ledson and now Duberry (for some reason) have all said as much.

As for Bellamy, I'm skeptical. He may come with some plaudits but is this another David Jones's mate appointment? He was complicit in bringing Pep here so let's hope he's brought in someone better than that. Whilst it's good to have someone with a bit of passion and energy, I hope Bellamy can channel it and not become a frustrated bystander on the touchlines who simply looks like he's doing a lot by shouting all the time.

I guess we've got to give him time and accept that this season, and maybe even next, are going to be quiet ones. Get us to 52 points and then let's see what he can do over the summer.

How do you know that Dave Jones was key in bringing Pep to the club? He hasn’t worked for Sky and wasn’t exactly high profile, as his other links seem to be.

Ridiculous comment.
The club will announce when everthing is signed. Quite rightly. The press can say things are likely to happen. Until a contract is signed nothing is definite.
The we dont matter comment in this context is ridiculous.
Not ridiculous if true. Why would they give the story so much credence if all supposition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom