NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it does happen, I can foresee a Di Canio esq period of football management for Oxford!!
Good or bad it won't be boring!!

• React
Reactions: Ian
I hate being negative, but I really can't see this working out well if it were to happen

Ah, sorry Barry.

Didn’t mean to mouth off but there has been moaning on here of late which is sometimes completely unjustified.

Glad it wasn’t the case!
That’s ok mate, I wasn’t sure if you meant ours or his and was thinking along the lines that DE said work with Faz and Chrissy tbh forgot about Wayne Brown

• React
Reactions: MJB
I wonder if our Spanish, Brazilian, Albanian, Dutch, Swedish, Irish and Scousers will understand the Welsh language?

This thread should be ending soon. Sky have it that’s it’s llokung very likely he will be appointed before too long, maybe before the weekend.
I wonder what the hold up. Maybe the promises on transfer funds or his salary.
I would imagine the back room staff would stay in place, although Fazackerley might be on borrowed time after the last few results. Bellamy might bring his own assistant.
DE has said whoever comes in will have to work with Faz and Chrissy

Oh no, kips turned you. Come towards the light quick

No experience worries me the most. We are in a mess, experimenting will not solve this

It’s similar to my views on Lampard. Don’t really have a strong opinion either way, will either be a genius appointment or a disaster. At least he’s got his badges and is spoke highly of inside coaching. And it might be that just that bit of a temper no nonsense might drag us out of any trouble. Then he’s got 6 month to build his own team and get ideas across. It’s only a bad appointment if we go down for me, but that could as easily happen sticking where we are

No its not necessarily. The first step in a career is so important. Many managers dont get a second chance.

A new man will want assurances on funding, support staff, time to build something, etc.

He wont want another pep situation where he was promised the world (funding for a promotion push) but the reality was very different.

Id expect a new first time manager to be very careful about accepting.

Words I never expected to say - I agree with Kip.

We are a relatively small club, we have restricted revenue streams and a chairman with limited resources, who expects a promotion push and will also expect the manager to sell their best players. It’s probably not a unique situation to Oxford, but doesn’t mean it’s ideal as a manager either. I would certainly want assurances, especially as our squad could be barebones after this season with expiring contracts and players of value entering the final year of their contracts, so may be sold this Summer.

Bellamy. Not Bellamy. I don’t know at this point - I just know the whole thing has been a complete mess. I hope DE attends the fans forum.

Now if you excuse me, I have to break my thumbs.

Edit: talk about instant karma - I burned my f*****g dinner typing that. Never again, Kip. Never again!

Not fussed about Bellamy - wish him all the best - but the whole damn process has been too drawn out. We now have every newspaper & Sky telling us it's Craig who clearly has taken a lot of persuading - obviously all done by video link from wherever DE is holed up. We are just fans by the way & not worthy of being told much - I suppose all next season's ticket prices, parking & catering details will be announced first on Sky or in the Sun?

Words I never expected to say - I agree with Kip.

We are a relatively small club, we have restricted revenue streams and a chairman with limited resources, who expects a promotion push and will also expect the manager to sell their best players. It’s probably not a unique situation to Oxford, but doesn’t mean it’s ideal as a manager either. I would certainly want assurances, especially as our squad could be barebones after this season with expiring contracts and players of value entering the final year of their contracts, so may be sold this Summer.

Bellamy. Not Bellamy. I don’t know at this point - I just know the whole thing has been a complete mess. I hope DE attends the fans forum.

Now if you excuse me, I have to break my thumbs.

Edit: talk about instant karma - I burned my f*****g dinner typing that. Never again, Kip. Never again!

You have two hope bob hope and no hope

That’s all still presuming it’s Darryl that has held the interview. And not Craig’s future employers.

I don’t know if he’s more a de style appointment or a big money takeovers man. Pros and cons for both sides.

If he can instill confidence and a desire to fight, and win, among the players then that's got to be a good start. If he then gets the backing to bring in the right calibre of players during the summer, even better.
I would expect him to be a vocal and forthright manager/coach, might be just what we need.

I wonder if our Spanish, Brazilian, Albanian, Dutch, Swedish, Irish and Scousers will understand the Welsh language?

The Scousers should be fine considering the links between North Wales and Liverpool. :)

No its not necessarily. The first step in a career is so important. Many managers dont get a second chance.

A new man will want assurances on funding, support staff, time to build something, etc.

He wont want another pep situation where he was promised the world (funding for a promotion push) but the reality was very different.

Id expect a new first time manager to be very careful about accepting.
Totally agree.

It sounds like Bellamy is highly regarded as a young coach. The first job is very important. At least he is prepared to go down to League one (it sounds like Giggs was not prepared to do that)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom