NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve McLaren applied in the summer, when Pep got the job, so there is/was interest. But the club wanted to go in a different direction. I think he might be the sort of person that Tiger would go for.

I had dealings with him many years ago, and he was a terrific bloke, and you could see that he had a bright future in the game ahead of him. Despite what the media would have people believe, he is a talented coach/manager with experience and contacts, and still has the enthusiasm to succeed.

Would be a great appointment for us.

This I agree entirely with. Whether or not he'd be a success here (as with any manager), those dismissing Schteeve need to give their heads a wobble.

Certain posters slag every potential name mentioned off but never suggest anyone? It’s almost as if they only come on here to moan, bitch and whinge.

So this is for the moaning, negative types, who, of those we have any sort of chance of getting, is acceptable?

I ain’t expecting a reply obviously.

Nah, a former England manager with a final in a club European competition under his belt, won a title in Holland, managed in the top flight in England and Germany, and had a successful spell as the assistant manager to an all time great at one of the biggest clubs in the world? Not for me, bring back Patto.

You forgot that a tabloid put a hilarious rhyme on the front page which should ultimately tell you what to think. See also: Graham Taylor who was clearly a terrible manager thanks to a similarly side-splitting front pager.

Has lot's of experience, used to working within a tight budget, works hard on youth development, good contacts within the game.

He has no experience at this level would be my concern and I cant remember him working within a tight budget certainly not our kind of tight. Unless tiger really has money to.spend then great he is a proper manager and coach unlike CB.

But then again CBs decision to turn us down seems a wise one imop and I would question any experienced managers judgement in joining us right now.

Don't think you've ever posted something that isn't negative or where you're not moaning...

I think you are wrong.

I was positive in the mid sixties when I first started supporting the club.Maybe when you are younger you just support the team and you don't even think about what goes on behind the scenes.Istarted becoming negative during the Herd era and when Kassam took over. There have been horrendous times e.g. The conference years but I have never stopped supporting The team.

As we weren't posting back then let's look at the past few years

I was positive when Mr Eales first arrived but ever since Mr Eales started falling out with just about everyone 15 months ago i have become more negative about the future of the club. I was positive when I heard about the Sartori bid thinking the club would be in safe hands, but this new owner brings back all the bad memories of a Kassam

I hope I am proved wrong but I just have a sense that this is going to go badly wrong and for that I blame Mr Eales because he said he would put the interests of the club first and he has put his own interests first

You haven’t felt any positivity towards the club since the mid nineties? Why do you keep bothering, I was still at school when Herd took over and I turn 40 at the end of this year to put some perspective on that time frame.

Don't think you've ever posted something that isn't negative or where you're not moaning...

I think you are wrong.

I was positive in the mid sixties when I first started supporting the club.Maybe when you are younger you just support the team and you don't even think about what goes on behind the scenes.Istarted becoming negative during the Herd era and when Kassam took over. There have been horrendous times e.g. The conference years but I have never stopped supporting The team.

As we weren't posting back then let's look at the past few years

I was positive when Mr Eales first arrived but ever since Mr Eales started falling out with just about everyone 15 months ago i have become more negative about the future of the club. I was positive when I heard about the Sartori bid thinking the club would be in safe hands, but this new owner brings back all the bad memories of a Kassam

I hope I am proved wrong but I just have a sense that this is going to go badly wrong and for that I blame Mr Eales because he said he would put the interests of the club first and he has put his own interests first

Yet sartori could have been as bad for the club as u imagine tiger will be, being a nice guy with good intentions doesn’t mean he would be successful

I imagine you were still singing his praises when he got fired out of the England job. Just after the rain stopped, by the way.

You are living in a total dreamworld. Wise up.
I don't normally engage in this sort of nonsense but this point is so petty I can't resist. Looks like it's up in the rain to me...
rain.jpg

And if he left it up after the rain stopped then I can forgive him. I've done that before just walking down the street let alone trying to sort out something you know is going to get you absolutely slated around the country.

I literally have no idea what the umbrella has to do with anything in the first place :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

He put up an umbrella when it was pissing down with rain - what a bloody outrage! Clearly a crap manager.
Thank you! I have been waiting years for someone else to say this. Man puts up umbrella so he can see and concentrate on game more effectively. And that's meant to be stupid! I bet hundreds of other managers who would have liked to do the same thing have cursed him - or rather the media reaction to what he did.

You haven’t felt any positivity towards the club since the mid nineties? Why do you keep bothering, I was still at school when Herd took over and I turn 40 at the end of this year to put some perspective on that time frame.

I bother because I am a fan of the team that goes out every Saturday and I want them to do well

Obviously I feel positive about the team,but that doesn't mean I have to be positive about the owner.

Thank you! I have been waiting years for someone else to say this. Man puts up umbrella so he can see and concentrate on game more effectively. And that's meant to be stupid! I bet hundreds of other managers who would have liked to do the same thing have cursed him - or rather the media reaction to what he did.
Interesting radio programme where he is visited by Colin Murray 'at home with Colin Murray' available on BBC radio website and app. Apologies if already posted

He has no experience at this level would be my concern and I cant remember him working within a tight budget certainly not our kind of tight. Unless tiger really has money to.spend then great he is a proper manager and coach unlike CB.

But then again CBs decision to turn us down seems a wise one imop and I would question any experienced managers judgement in joining us right now.

First time around at Bradford, Motherwell.

Has lot's of experience, used to working within a tight budget, works hard on youth development, good contacts within the game.

Craig turned us down as we wanted to take a bit longer on the process, nothing in that interview suggests it was because he wasn’t happy with the way the club would be run under the new owner

we'll likely never know why he turned us down, his answer is a political anodyne one

It is, but the bit about already having a week off work and it not being fair on Cardiff if it dragged on any longer implies the process was still on going

However you want to interpret it, could it all have been avoided with some simple thought process and forward planning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom