Ex-Staff A Bristol City Fan - U's Thoughts On Liam Manning

It's starting to look like a move that will benefit absolutely no one.
In the short term it won't benefit us, but as we now know he is the kind of bloke to slither off when offered more money, it would have happened sooner or later anyway. Probably sooner, judging by the amount of managers getting the hook at the moment.

Quote from my Bristol City-supporting mate: "In his post match interview at Blackburn last night, Manning looked and sounded like a man defeated. I don't think he can cope with the step up."

Quote from my Bristol City-supporting mate: "In his post match interview at Blackburn last night, Manning looked and sounded like a man defeated. I don't think he can cope with the step up."

Much as I’m enjoying his demise…..that’s the cocksure self importance of fans from higher divisions. That some how if the Bradford city manager in league two came to Oxford and lost a couple of games he wouldn’t be able to handle “the step up”. It’s not exavtly a huge chasm is it.

Much as I’m enjoying his demise…..that’s the cocksure self importance of fans from higher divisions. That some how if the Bradford city manager in league two came to Oxford and lost a couple of games he wouldn’t be able to handle “the step up”. It’s not exavtly a huge chasm is it.

This. And the reverse move too - when a Birmingham City fan confidently asserts that their 5th choice centre-back would 'absolutely tear it up' on loan in League One.

Manning"s demeanor is a little downbeat.
So he probably wouod not have interviewed particularly differently had they won 4 0!

...and yet he's still fancied ahead of Sonny Perkins.

Weird.

...and yet he's still fancied ahead of Sonny Perkins.

Weird.
This is total speculation, but if GOD was putting 110% into his training day in day out, and Sonny was nowhere near the effort levels it would be very difficult to justify putting him ahead. I don't know if that's the case but I'm fairly certain Perkins is the better all round player so there must be a reason he's down the pecking order.

Yes, have you seen Oliver Sanderson #9 at Oxford City? GOD ain't taking his shirt.
I've seen Sanderson play several times for Oxford City and think him a terrific prospect. He's 19, big and powerful, and on loan from Fulham. Whether he could make a two divisions step up at this stage of his career, I don't know, but maybe worth a look.

This is total speculation, but if GOD was putting 110% into his training day in day out, and Sonny was nowhere near the effort levels it would be very difficult to justify putting him ahead. I don't know if that's the case but I'm fairly certain Perkins is the better all round player so there must be a reason he's down the pecking order.
This is the big question mark for me. Does anyone have any intel as to why Perkins isnt even making it to the bench?

This is the big question mark for me. Does anyone have any intel as to why Perkins isnt even making it to the bench?
If it’s an attitude issue then he’ll struggle to make it higher up the table. He hasn’t proved himself at West Ham or Leeds and to drop down to League One and not get picked does make me wonder what’s up with him. Is he good enough?

Back
Top Bottom