Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at world club football over the last decade, and see how process-driven clubs fare against pure results. If it’s ‘B*****s’ then something very weird is going on.

Just a shame we don’t use the data when it comes to goalkeeping yet people will still back Eastwood.

No - why? When have I suggested that I do?

And process driven is pretty self-explanatory. Clubs who have a clear idea of how they operate and sticking to that rather than being swayed incident-by-incident on the results of their actions over a short period of time.

Oops. I wasn't intending to imply you said anything other than what was in the post I replied to, this thread is like I imagine Wagner is - full of choruses bellowing slogans each other - that I can't bring myself to follow everybody's view in detail.

Process-driven is not hard to grasp*, but like AI, can mean different things - just interested in a bit of flesh on what you meant; as stated above I haven't a problem with it. As far as you go; a process needs goals and a vision. The vision seems fairly clear - ' a top 30 English football club in a top 30 (or better) stadium that gains (publicity, familiarity, perception of quality) from being associated with Oxford and rewards Oxford with publicity, familiarity, perception of quality plus facilities and some social awareness that contribute to the perception of Oxford as a city. I hope no-one on here is going to dispute that, neither is it worth getting into a discussion about both Oxford and the owners of OUFC wanting to make money from it. The goals within appear to have been promotion this season, which are the only words I can recall from a director about goals (apart from the stadium, and there's a thread for that.

Process implies organisation and the new football-related organisation seems to be emerging: Ferguson liases between the board and CEO Williams, then there's a drop to the Academy (Kinniburgh) with what looks like a legacy operation under Robinson. Robinson will either a. become DoF (and Kinniburgh's boss) responsible for all football matters, work for a DoF as some form of head coach or manager, or leave. This needs to be done one way or another.

The question is time. Success on the field (which isn't separable from being a top 30 club, which isn't separable from being in the so-called Championship), or at least the clear evidence that success is close is a requirement to support the stadium development. There is no time to lose.

Meanwhile we're plodding along with a squad with no positive football identity, no visible development of resale value of it's players, a majority of players who are out of contract / in their dotage / both and a selection of players who are one way or another both unusable through injury or whatever reason and while having no value can't be disposed of cheapy. We're in a mess. There is no time to lose.

If we need a process-driven approach, we need the right staff to manage it. There's a deadline 2-3 months away to get individuals up, running and informed to manage the transformation from a football team going nowhere and losing it's identity to the top 30 club we as fans, if we're true supporters, surely want.

Come on, board. You know in your hearts that giving the existing system another half season to bumble along, hoping something will turn up is juggling with fire. We need the new organisation, new personnel and new belief in place so we're placed for January's transfer window.

* I'm not saying you don't think anything you didn't write, or complaining about anything you did write, I'm just jumping off from one of the least uninteresting posts on this thread, heaven knows they're few & far between.

Ah but that’s the point
I know what you mean but at the end of the season you will see
eg OUFC 1 Peterborough 2
No mention that the ref had a shocker, no mention we outplayed them in the second half with 10 men.
It will read Oxford 0 points Peterborough 3

I had this argument way back in the sixties when I walked away from a game we won 1-0 Shuks scored v Fulham, they battered us but we came away with 2 points then. My friend a Fulham supporter argued all night that they were the better team but my Dad said it won’t say that when you read the result in the paper tomorrow
However stats might point to potential- if you fix X you have good existing qualities that might then see your results improve . (Where did Fulham finish that season?).

Not sure we need any proces driven stats to know we need better fullbacks. A visual 'stat' at matches tells you that.
The visual eye doesn’t actually tell you everything.
I’ve seen players which fans thought were rubbish but actually made a team tick and stats backed it up. I’ve also seen players that were fans favourites but were actually the weak link and opposition teams used to target every week.

On top of that a person, whether that be a fan or a manager will only take in 30% of a game. That is again why stats and video analysis is used.

The stats can be so misleading. Imagine our possession and passing rate is good but it doesn’t show that that was mainly between the defenders and the goalkeeper. All passes sideways. Stats probably look great.

Well yes, the better team doesn't always win. Always plenty of variables!!
I was at the Fulham game March 69. Ron Saunders had just taken over from Arthur Turner. We brought on Peter Higgins a CB for Ken Skeen a striker to shore up the defence and see the game out!!
John Shuker scored 4 games in a row from that game on. Saunders turned our season around when we were looking like relegation candidates.
That’s the game
Had my scarf nicked as well
Underrated manager Ron,think he went to Norwich ? the following season

Not sure we need any proces driven stats to know we need better fullbacks. A visual 'stat' at matches tells you that.
Yes that's true. However we know we do have some really talented attacking players such as Browne who aren't playing to their potential in the current system

The visual eye doesn’t actually tell you everything.
I’ve seen players which fans thought were rubbish but actually made a team tick and stats backed it up. I’ve also seen players that were fans favourites but were actually the weak link and opposition teams used to target every week.

On top of that a person, whether that be a fan or a manager will only take in 30% of a game. That is again why stats and video analysis is used.
So you disagree about our full backs?

The stats can be so misleading. Imagine our possession and passing rate is good but it doesn’t show that that was mainly between the defenders and the goalkeeper. All passes sideways. Stats probably look great.
Shots on goal, over the fence or otherwise, pretty high as well I should imagine.

Appears to not be too keen on another strong personality coming into the club
Said the opposite though

I thought he sounded pretty genuine in my view. Acknowledged that SK had been rightly critical at times, but also wrong in some of his criticism. Said that they were both strong characters but said that he liked that.

However, what I took from it was that SK doesn't formally start until 1st December. So that fact that they've already spent a couple of hours talking makes me think that KR is fairly confident that he'll still be in post in Demcember.

Very misleading.

It’s like our XG. Compare it to the XG graphs after the first goal in the game..

Good explanation of it by George Elek on last weeks radio Oxford podcast.

However, what I took from it was that SK doesn't formally start until 1st December. So that fact that they've already spent a couple of hours talking makes me think that KR is fairly confident that he'll still be in post in Demcember.
Hang on, just picking myself up off the floor after reading that last bit… 🙄

Hang on, just picking myself up off the floor after reading that last bit… 🙄

There were those suggesting that Robinson wasn't planning for Christmas as he was expecting to no longer be here. If that's the case then why meet with someone that doesn't start their role for a month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom