Manager/Coach Robbo on the way ?

Is there now some sort of rule on here that anyone who questions Karl Robinsons achievements are now abused and derided? Im not totally an anti-Karl-ite (this is becoming a very polarised forum) and I dont always agree with Mellow Yellow but its beginning to P**s me off that anyone who questions KRs ‘achievements‘ as our head honcho gets abused. Lets just agree that, so far, its been entertaining with some disappointments and mistakes along the way, and, fingers crossed, we’ll be prepared - with our financial backing - to have a good crack at it again this season. Or will I get abuse for suggesting that...?
Is that the sister rule to the one that requires anyone who doesn't want KR out, or a complete overhaul of the squad, or who enjoyed this season, etc to be similarly abused and accused of having no ambition and be content with mediocrity.....?
Would be nice if that arm of the forum also backed off too 😁

I think it's a bit of a modern, online echo chamber attitude that things have to be either brilliant or awful, with very little room for the fabled 'shades of grey' between those two extremes.

I suspect that most of us enjoyed much of last season while finding the end of the season both frustrating and rather annoying (because many people on here identified the problems coming down the road - seemingly - better than the recruitment department at the club did). So, in the end, not brilliant and not a disaster.

In a similar fashion, I think most people would say that KR is a decent manager who has performed his major role (i.e. getting the club's senior team to at least play to the standard afforded by his budget) reasonably without being spectacular, and at the same time identifying weaknesses and strengths that are part of his approach and personality. How much weight you give to these depends on your own opinions and that will colour whether you think he would be a huge loss should he go or if you think another manager might be better than 'reasonable' given the same resources and backing.

In the end of course, it will be those 'investing' (or should that be 'spending'!) who make the decision, and I suspect the crunch point will be at the end of next season.

I think it's a bit of a modern, online echo chamber attitude that things have to be either brilliant or awful, with very little room for the fabled 'shades of grey' between those two extremes.

I suspect that most of us enjoyed much of last season while finding the end of the season both frustrating and rather annoying (because many people on here identified the problems coming down the road - seemingly - better than the recruitment department at the club did). So, in the end, not brilliant and not a disaster.

In a similar fashion, I think most people would say that KR is a decent manager who has performed his major role (i.e. getting the club's senior team to at least play to the standard afforded by his budget) reasonably without being spectacular, and at the same time identifying weaknesses and strengths that are part of his approach and personality. How much weight you give to these depends on your own opinions and that will colour whether you think he would be a huge loss should he go or if you think another manager might be better than 'reasonable' given the same resources and backing.

In the end of course, it will be those 'investing' (or should that be 'spending'!) who make the decision, and I suspect the crunch point will be at the end of next season.
Really I think the crunch point will be sooner … we’ll either be stronger and harder to beat by Christmas or Karl will jump ship for a sideways sort of team. I can’t imagine us dithering through the whole season with wingers in defence.

I think KR is in the weirdest position this coming season. Most managers are looking for quality. That bit of stardust who can change a game and sneak 3 points.

OUFC are not looking for that. We have Browne, Brannigan, Taylor, Henry, Kane (if we retain him), Bodin (hopefully), Baldock who I would say are real quality. Game changers. Most bizarrely, with 2 or 3 sturdy hardened pros added in key positions, these players mentioned are gonna look mint! Im just worried we are blinkered in to believing that adding young players who have high technical ability together with a high ceiling for potential is going to be enough. It isn't. The best 11 technical players do not win leagues. The best balance, knowhow, and experience win leagues, with a sprinkle of stardust to compliment. Desire, strength, aggression and resilience can never be dominated by technical capability alone. The strange thing too is that the players we are looking for are not budget eating superstars. They are clobbers - good honest professionals.

Im absolutely willing KR to think like this, almost begging the man to see this footballing truth, but I do fear we will see it all over again. I fear the man is going mad - doing the same thing but expecting different results.

I think KR is in the weirdest position this coming season. Most managers are looking for quality. That bit of stardust who can change a game and sneak 3 points.

OUFC are not looking for that. We have Browne, Brannigan, Taylor, Henry, Kane (if we retain him), Bodin (hopefully), Baldock who I would say are real quality. Game changers. Most bizarrely, with 2 or 3 sturdy hardened pros added in key positions, these players mentioned are gonna look mint! Im just worried we are blinkered in to believing that adding young players who have high technical ability together with a high ceiling for potential is going to be enough. It isn't. The best 11 technical players do not win leagues. The best balance, knowhow, and experience win leagues, with a sprinkle of stardust to compliment. Desire, strength, aggression and resilience can never be dominated by technical capability alone. The strange thing too is that the players we are looking for are not budget eating superstars. They are clobbers - good honest professionals.

Im absolutely willing KR to think like this, almost begging the man to see this footballing truth, but I do fear we will see it all over again. I fear the man is going mad - doing the same thing but expecting different results.

Yep, a lot to agree with here. I hope he gets it right.

Would the pull of Blackpool interest KR?

Possibly a club on the up (off the pitch) after all the issues they had. Survived Season 1 in The Championship. Would be on a higher wage than OUFC, but with prices up north, he would be able to live an even more lavish life!

Possibly a club on the up (off the pitch) after all the issues they had. Survived Season 1 in The Championship. Would be on a higher wage than OUFC, but with prices up north, he would be able to live an even more lavish life!
A lot nearer Liverpool and would take Brannagan with him

Would he be on a higher wage at Blackpool?

They look like they are reneging on a transfer deal for £500k which they've done previously for another transfer, screwed about over Cam Bran's release clause 2 transfer windows in a row, and we've spent £ms on the training ground and that hasn't wiped out transfer funds for the coming season unlike Blackpool.

Would he be on a higher wage at Blackpool?

They look like they are reneging on a transfer deal for £500k which they've done previously for another transfer, screwed about over Cam Bran's release clause 2 transfer windows in a row, and we've spent £ms on the training ground and that hasn't wiped out transfer funds for the coming season unlike Blackpool.

Brannagan prefers his fishing in Farmoor, and would never stoop so low to pick cockles.

KR won’t be leaving to go to Blackpool, that’s for certain. They have no funds for the upcoming transfer window, and there manager upped sticks because of that very reason.

I would like to hope that we have a manager at the helm who is motivated by a little more than just how close the job is to his doorstep... 😳

Brannagan prefers his fishing in Farmoor, and would never stoop so low to pick cockles.

KR won’t be leaving to go to Blackpool, that’s for certain. They have no funds for the upcoming transfer window, and there manager upped sticks because of that very reason.
The second bit sums it up nicely for me but most importantly the family are extremely settled down here apparently and also have lots of business interests in and around the area too.

Blackpool Must of been aware of Critchley situation before pulling the plug on the Kirk transfer. Any major player investment, will rely on what happens with Josh Bowler

Back
Top Bottom