Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, what I took from it was that SK doesn't formally start until 1st December. So that fact that they've already spent a couple of hours talking makes me think that KR is fairly confident that he'll still be in post in Demcember.
Hang on, just picking myself up off the floor after reading that last bit… 🙄

By that he meant SK needs the rest of this month to complete passing over of his Scottish FA duties and will start with us on 1st Dec.

The stats can be so misleading. Imagine our possession and passing rate is good but it doesn’t show that that was mainly between the defenders and the goalkeeper. All passes sideways. Stats probably look great.

Unless you’re taking your stats off the bbc website then the actual stats that data departments will use will show exactly who is making the passes, where they are doing so, what % of those passes are leading to goalscoring opportunities, whose passes earlier in play often precede a goalscoring opportunity etc etc

The idea that ‘stats’ means basic possession % or passing numbers shows, I guess unsurprisingly, how little many fans actually grasp what data points are used in analysis.

So you disagree about our full backs?
I certainly think we can improve on our full backs and it is a key area that needs addressing in the next window. I also believe a club should always look to improve every position if players come available.

Unless you’re taking your stats off the bbc website then the actual stats that data departments will use will show exactly who is making the passes, where they are doing so, what % of those passes are leading to goalscoring opportunities, whose passes earlier in play often precede a goalscoring opportunity etc etc

The idea that ‘stats’ means basic possession % or passing numbers shows, I guess unsurprisingly, how little many fans actually grasp what data points are used in analysis.
Having worked as an analyst in professional football then I know just how in-depth you can go with stats. Hence why it is so heavily used when recruiting players these days.

Teams will have key stats they look at from how they want to play. Those stats might be as simple as winning the 2nd phase of play from restarts or how many final 3rd entries they are achieving in a game. These things are usually points that fans won’t see during a match.

I thought he sounded pretty genuine in my view. Acknowledged that SK had been rightly critical at times, but also wrong in some of his criticism. Said that they were both strong characters but said that he liked that.

However, what I took from it was that SK doesn't formally start until 1st December. So that fact that they've already spent a couple of hours talking makes me think that KR is fairly confident that he'll still be in post in Demcember.
I thought Karl came across as quite menacing SE
No one in the club has stood up to KR for years
Sounds like that's about to change

Just watched that interview and I'd say (IMO) that KR is rattled by SK coming in, and SK's appointment was nothing to do with KR.

Good - SK has a great footballing brain and had KR worked out a couple of seasons ago.
Good. It's healthy for a football club to have a range of opinions and approaches. The last thing we needed were any Karl yes men..

I thought Karl came across as quite menacing SE
No one in the club has stood up to KR for years
Sounds like that's about to change
Do we know the real reason for Dan Harris leaving. Others have said on here he had quite a big ego.

Wonder if he and KR had a falling out, and until recently it seems KR was holding all the cards

He's contracted until the end of the 23/24 season.

Why on earth would Championship Luton employ a manager who has achieved one promotion from League One in 11 seasons and suffered relegation in his one season in The Championship? That isn't meant as a dig but he's hardly got a pedigree that would be attractive to them.
He’d be more ideal for Luton than Oxford.
I can’t believe he’s contracted for another eighteen months. The way they’re going at the moment his contract will be up when we are back in the National League

I remember when stats first came out a prem player explaining how they figured out how to cheat, they would sprint to get the ball for throw ins to get there numbers up etc. I should imagine it’s improved from then but we still get the shots at goal thrown at us when we have been at the game and seen most of them hit the corner flag.

As someone who uses ‘stats’ at clubs, decision makers are increasingly basing decisions around things other than what a league table shows.

We obviously use it within the club also - relatively small ££ would get us a top analysis department that would not only help from a recruitment/performance perspective, but also help us make fewer errors in the market…things like throwing multi year contracts at players in their early thirties.

I know people will come with the ‘spreadsheet w****r’ stuff, but like all stats, the skill is in finding what is useful and makes a genuine impact. Running stats are a load of shite, fwiw

Hang on, just picking myself up off the floor after reading that last bit… 🙄
He can think what he likes, as long as it doesn't come to fruition.

As someone who uses ‘stats’ at clubs, decision makers are increasingly basing decisions around things other than what a league table shows.

We obviously use it within the club also - relatively small ££ would get us a top analysis department that would not only help from a recruitment/performance perspective, but also help us make fewer errors in the market…things like throwing multi year contracts at players in their early thirties.

I know people will come with the ‘spreadsheet w****r’ stuff, but like all stats, the skill is in finding what is useful and makes a genuine impact. Running stats are a load of shite, fwiw
All very well and good but if I had a quid for every time KR says “our decision making was poor” I would be a rich man

And ultimately they must watch replays of the game yet nothing seems to improve.I suppose if their decision making was good they would be playing at a higher level.
But no amount of stats excuses the fact that our players can’t beat the first defender with a cross or play the ball in front of our player rather than behind one of our players when no one is near them, or move when we have a throw in.Or worst of all as we have seen every first half at home this season a slow ponderous back passing game that goes nowhere.

Especially when you look at our summer window.

Majority of the signings made being known to KR or Tiger. Very old school approach yet we talk about being a modern aggressive club.

Lack of effort.
Lazy.
Shoddy.

Just watched that interview and I'd say (IMO) that KR is rattled by SK coming in, and SK's appointment was nothing to do with KR.

Good - SK has a great footballing brain and had KR worked out a couple of seasons ago.
I’ll give SK six months tops before he goes the same way as DH. This is Karl’s empire.

All very well and good but if I had a quid for every time KR says “our decision making was poor” I would be a rich man

And ultimately they must watch replays of the game yet nothing seems to improve.I suppose if their decision making was good they would be playing at a higher level.
But no amount of stats excuses the fact that our players can’t beat the first defender with a cross or play the ball in front of our player rather than behind one of our players when no one is near them, or move when we have a throw in.Or worst of all as we have seen every first half at home this season a slow ponderous back passing game that goes nowhere.

Our decision making isn’t as poor as Karl makes out.

Because they’re very common in happening which points to one thing.

The individuals not being good enough.

Our squad is poor. Very poor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom