Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what 'process-driven' has to do with an argument over whether some computer-generated stats prove that we're actually a top-six team suffering a incomprehensible run of misfortune that's left us mysteriously close to the relegation zone*.

But, taking you at your word, do you think Karl Robinson is the man to manage a process-driven (is this like Brentford 'use analytics'?) management structure when he's proven over the seasons to expel people who are acknowledged as good at their jobs (Dan Harris the academy bloke, Fazackerly) and cultivate a coterie of um, well, individuals whose contribution in terms of insight appears neglible (Kinniburgh is I assume a board appointment driven through a process that has been described**, and draws power to himself like a magnet?

* AI, supercomputers: dear me they're not unimpeachable objective judges, they reflect the data that they've been trained on which, astonishingly, reflects the bias and quality of knowledge of the trainer. Without knowing the data sources and the training method, plus what they were trained for, you can't say they're much more reliable than reading goats' entrails.

** The italicised text uses a tenet of Logical Positivism (go read A.J. Ayer's Language, Truth and Logic). Like 'AI', philospohy is of very limited utility for any prupose that's not highly-specific however I've found the ability to explain why (or how, come to think of it) something is done, or will work to be a veritable touchstone for recruiting, assessing and managing sales, management and technical staff***. I have never heard Karl Robison explain one f*****g thing clearly and objectively.....

*** edit - I shoud make it clear for some on here that the ones you want are the ones who can
I come on 'ere for a bit of fun. Please don't make me read logical positivism :(

Borrowed from the OM, more insightful comments from our manager who, it would seem, wants his players on the grass. I’m presuming he means the pitch, rather than something smoked.

“If you play on the Tuesday, you can recover off the grass and have two days on the grass, whereas we probably don’t have any days off the grass.

We’ve got to balance that Thursday and what we do on the grass and off the grass.”

One player set to miss out against Shrewsbury is Sam Long, who is still recovering from a hamstring complaint.

Robinson said: “He’s probably going to miss out, he’s on the grass at the minute so he’s in a good place.”

Personally I think the 8 days without a game is a major positive for the whole squad regardless of the spin Karl wants to put on it in the Oxford Mail & in his iFollow interview. Especially with the way we performed against Fleetwood last Tuesday.

Oops. I wasn't intending to imply you said anything other than what was in the post I replied to, this thread is like I imagine Wagner is - full of choruses bellowing slogans each other - that I can't bring myself to follow everybody's view in detail.

Process-driven is not hard to grasp*, but like AI, can mean different things - just interested in a bit of flesh on what you meant; as stated above I haven't a problem with it. As far as you go; a process needs goals and a vision. The vision seems fairly clear - ' a top 30 English football club in a top 30 (or better) stadium that gains (publicity, familiarity, perception of quality) from being associated with Oxford and rewards Oxford with publicity, familiarity, perception of quality plus facilities and some social awareness that contribute to the perception of Oxford as a city. I hope no-one on here is going to dispute that, neither is it worth getting into a discussion about both Oxford and the owners of OUFC wanting to make money from it. The goals within appear to have been promotion this season, which are the only words I can recall from a director about goals (apart from the stadium, and there's a thread for that.

Process implies organisation and the new football-related organisation seems to be emerging: Ferguson liases between the board and CEO Williams, then there's a drop to the Academy (Kinniburgh) with what looks like a legacy operation under Robinson. Robinson will either a. become DoF (and Kinniburgh's boss) responsible for all football matters, work for a DoF as some form of head coach or manager, or leave. This needs to be done one way or another.

The question is time. Success on the field (which isn't separable from being a top 30 club, which isn't separable from being in the so-called Championship), or at least the clear evidence that success is close is a requirement to support the stadium development. There is no time to lose.

Meanwhile we're plodding along with a squad with no positive football identity, no visible development of resale value of it's players, a majority of players who are out of contract / in their dotage / both and a selection of players who are one way or another both unusable through injury or whatever reason and while having no value can't be disposed of cheapy. We're in a mess. There is no time to lose.

If we need a process-driven approach, we need the right staff to manage it. There's a deadline 2-3 months away to get individuals up, running and informed to manage the transformation from a football team going nowhere and losing it's identity to the top 30 club we as fans, if we're true supporters, surely want.

Come on, board. You know in your hearts that giving the existing system another half season to bumble along, hoping something will turn up is juggling with fire. We need the new organisation, new personnel and new belief in place so we're placed for January's transfer window.

* I'm not saying you don't think anything you didn't write, or complaining about anything you did write, I'm just jumping off from one of the least uninteresting posts on this thread, heaven knows they're few & far between.
I think you’re confusing Wagner with Jerry Springer The Musical.

I see Blackpool fans are calling for Appleton to be sacked after a 3-0 home loss last night. Both him and Karl are contracted until 2026. Shame we can't do a swap with them so both clubs don't have to pay off a manager they don't want. 😄

I see Blackpool fans are calling for Appleton to be sacked after a 3-0 home loss last night. Both him and Karl are contracted until 2026. Shame we can't do a swap with them so both clubs don't have to pay off a manager they don't want. 😄
Or just go for Wilder ;)

I thought it was 2024 rather than 2026? Sauce?

I thought it was 2024 rather than 2026? Sauce?

Your right, I was thinking they were both out of contract at the same time. But Appleton must of signed a 4 year contract with Blackpool in the summer. 🤣 Blackpool fans got a longer wait than us to get their wishes unless their board can pay him off.

Your right, I was thinking they were both out of contract at the same time. But Appleton must of signed a 4 year contract with Blackpool in the summer. 🤣 Blackpool fans got a longer wait than us to get their wishes unless their board can pay him off.
The Blackpool fans would be well advised to shut up and give him a chance. Hopefully the board won't take any notice of them.

I would absolutely snap your hand off to have MApp back. Twice the man Gobbo is.

Yet finished lower than Robinson has with us.
Disingenuous comparison and you know it. KR took over the Club in L1 with a much greater financial situation behind him. MApp took over in League 2 and totally turned the club around in a way I haven't seen another manager do in my lifetime.

And that's just talking taking us up and consolidating us, not even the cup runs. + on to that the promo season some of the most exciting football I have ever seen us play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom