Manager/Coach Robbo to WBA

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
According to the OM this is a rumour and his odds have shortened, not that I every listen to bookie odds when it comes to manager appointments. But this is new to me.

A L1 manager who has lost in the playoffs twice in 2 years, can't see it.

Perhaps a middle to lower Championship club, yes.

If I were West Brom I would be holding fire until after the play off final games as if Lincoln lose I would be going after Appleton .

KR has completed his 11th season as a manager now and, barring just over a month between MK Dons and Charlton, has never been out of work. Those seasons have seen him secure one automatic promotion, four play off campaigns and one relegation.

Not all that bad going but only one of those campaigns was at Championship level and that was his relegation season. You could argue that MK Dons were punching above their weight at that level so it was always going to be a tricky task but he’s not proven his credentials as a manager better than League 1 at present.

For a side that regularly has promotion campaigns to get into the PL, I think West Brom will be looking for someone higher profile. As KR says, it’s the Big Sam link that is seeing him mentioned for the job. I’m fairly certain KR won’t be going there.

I would have thought this is big Sam’s big mouth again. He’s probably reeled off a few names to a journo somewhere and recommended robbo whose his mate

Just went on Oddschecker to see how dramatic the shortening of the odds actually is and I cant even see his name on the list? Yet another bizzare ‘Robinson denies link to...’ story. Has there actually been a crumb of truth to any of them..?

While we are at it, I would like to deny that I have been offered the position of becoming the king of our country. In fact I have never heard this rumour, but of course it is very flattering to be linked with such a position.

It's a non-story - we can expect many more over the summer!

I really can't see it myself. Though I think it will be a somewhat left field apppointment I think higher Championship experience is a must It looks like Wilder is waiting for the Newcastle job. If we miss out can't say I'm disapppointed. Fed up of managers who were total busts in the Prem, now thinking they're too good for the Championship. Wilder, Howe and their ilk spent King's ransoms. Got found out and relegated.

I read about links over the weekend - I think it's just become a thing when a Championship club needs a manager he automatically gets linked because he plays fancy football and generally does pretty good at L1 level. Someone will probably take a punt one day, but it won't be a club looking for a Prem bounce back, it'll be one that is thoroughly lower mid table every year and want to take a risk to try change their fortunes. A Forest type perhaps.

I really can't see it myself. Though I think it will be a somewhat left field apppointment I think higher Championship experience is a must It looks like Wilder is waiting for the Newcastle job. If we miss out can't say I'm disapppointed. Fed up of managers who were total busts in the Prem, now thinking they're too good for the Championship. Wilder, Howe and their ilk spent King's ransoms. Got found out and relegated.
You can only dream of getting Eddie Howe or someone decent!

If it was me I’d choose the Blackpool manager he’s done a very good job this season and had lots of potential and then no doubt Blackpool will be back in for KR 🤔

Just went on Oddschecker to see how dramatic the shortening of the odds actually is and I cant even see his name on the list? Yet another bizzare ‘Robinson denies link to...’ story. Has there actually been a crumb of truth to any of them..?
it all comes from an interview with Sam Allardyce where he talks about him as someone WBA should look at, nothing more than that. The OxMail then asked the question to KA and he said there had been no contact.

If you were relegated from the prem and got KR you’d think your board had zero ambition. Not a chance of him going there.
Yes that's true, you would think that, but some unknown managers (OK not Karl) will turn out to be great. WBA fans would be up in arms if they got the Blackpool guy but he might be just what they need.

Back
Top Bottom