Manager/Coach Robbo on the way ?

H

horseman

• Hibs will begin interviews for their vacant manager's post this week with interest in Oxford United boss Karl Robinson from Easter Road.

Daily Record now talking about it.

For a family man, will he want to up sticks from where he is? He knows the budget he has for this coming season and what he has to do to keep his job. He may well have better job security here.

No chance he’s going to Hibs, don’t think he’d even want the QPR job

Hibs have sacked 3 managers during KR's time at Oxford, it would be madness to consider them, especially considering family upheaval. Remember KR does not like flying and a train from Edinburgh is 5-6 hours to MK. Whilst interest from bigger clubs must be a feather in KR's cap, somehow I really can't see him travelling far. Judging by how hands-on and involved he is in every aspect of the club, I get the feeling he likes being a big fish in a little pond.

• React
Reactions: Ian
It's "interest in Karl Robinson" not "interest from Karl Robinson"

Hibs have sacked 3 managers during KR's time at Oxford, it would be madness to consider them, especially considering family upheaval. Remember KR does not like flying and a train from Edinburgh is 5-6 hours to MK. Whilst interest from bigger clubs must be a feather in KR's cap, somehow I really can't see him travelling far. Judging by how hands-on and involved he is in every aspect of the club, I get the feeling he likes being a big fish in a little pond.
Five hours on the train but an easy ride and he could work. Edinburgh is a lovely city and the rivalry with Hearts would be exciting. Great job for someone

Hibs senior management don't know what they are doing, it would be a decent job for KR under different circumstances.

QPR is just along the road and a better opportunity.

I hope KR is still our manager next season!

Unless he moves his family up there I can’t see it, and given the temporary nature of football managers that’s a risk, it’s not commutable. He didn’t like working in South east London so it’s not happening.

Didn't they (Hibs) interview MAPP in the past? Fell though on terms didn't it? I might be wrong...getting old

Unless he moves his family up there I can’t see it, and given the temporary nature of football managers that’s a risk, it’s not commutable. He didn’t like working in South east London so it’s not happening.
In a way it would be better than somewhere with a long commute, he'd spend half the week up there in a nice flat provided by the club. Anyway probably won't happen.

Travelling to SE London is a bit different to West London which is easy from around here.

Back
Top Bottom