Ex Player Kane Hemmings

Depends also if we’re looking to bring another striker in, if we are and it improves us then yea sell him to The Stags, got to be worth £100,000.

I was always very supportive of Hemmings but feel he’ll extend his loan and then join Mansfield in the summer for circa £100k.

Has a good touch and can clearly finish when confident. However, when he’s not feeling confident he brings very little and often appears to be flat footed.

Hope he makes a success of things (and we recover a decent chunk of his signing fee!). If he does happen to come back, he’ll still get my support too.

Don't Mansfield have an agreed fee to buy him this month? If they don't sign him then i'd bring him back, nothing to lose, gives us another body in the squad and hopefully he shows more than he did last year

Personally I didn’t think he was up to it. He certainly wasn’t worth what we paid for him, rumoured to be £250k. If we could get £100k plus add ons etc then we should do it.

He's playing well for them, they're pushing for promotion. If he's deemed not good enough by the management then sell him. Will be at least 100k with some add one, i.e. Extra if they gain promotion.

We have proven in the past that we use those add ons, I believe we are due an extra 500k should Leeds get promoted through the sale of Roofe.

He's playing well for them, they're pushing for promotion. If he's deemed not good enough by the management then sell him. Will be at least 100k with some add one, i.e. Extra if they gain promotion.

We have proven in the past that we use those add ons, I believe we are due an extra 500k should Leeds get promoted through the sale of Roofe.

Leeds promoted ?????

I do think he's worth a go, especially paired with Obika. If a two man front line is the way we're going to play, he has an obvious role in the team. If we're going back to a single striker, we may as well cash him in.

I do think he's worth a go, especially paired with Obika. If a two man front line is the way we're going to play, he has an obvious role in the team. If we're going back to a single striker, we may as well cash him in.

Not at the expense of Thomas presumably? I was as unsure as many others about Thomas but he has really shone this year with both his goals and workrate. He also stays fit too which is something of a minor miracle!

Not at the expense of Thomas presumably? I was as unsure as many others about Thomas but he has really shone this year with both his goals and workrate. He also stays fit too which is something of a minor miracle!

How long will Thomas remain fit? This must be his first extended run in the team since he joined.

I rate Hemmings and his movement. It will reamin to be seen if Clotet feels he has enough cover with Mehmeti and GVK.

Can’t quite understand the point of this thread.
Hemmings wasn’t good enough for L1 last season in a much better team.
He certainly won’t be good enough now.
He’s a player who will look good in L2, but not up to L1 standard.

How long will Thomas remain fit? This must be his first extended run in the team since he joined.

I rate Hemmings and his movement. It will reamin to be seen if Clotet feels he has enough cover with Mehmeti and GVK.

I have to agree we th MJB Thomas over Hemmings

I have to agree we th MJB Thomas over Hemmings

I'm happy with Thomas! I think he has been outstanding for us this season. I feel Hemmings is a good alternative should Thomas get injured/have a drop in form.

I'm happy with Thomas! I think he has been outstanding for us this season. I feel Hemmings is a good alternative should Thomas get injured/have a drop in form.

Didn’t do a lot for us though

i was critical of Hemmings last season and wasn't against him going to Mansfield. However, if he has seemingly improved since then, albeit in L2 i would not be against having him back to give him a second try, enough teams have done it to us in the past. Obviously a lot depends on the player himself and who else we are targeting, it would be nice to know what other options we might be looking at to offer a comparison.

If memory serves me right, Kane was ploughing a lone furrow up front with his back constantly against the goal. Surely play to his strengths, ie in and around the penalty box. I think he is a good finisher in that respect. Anyway. could Mansfield afford a decent transfer fee. I doubt it.

Depends also if we’re looking to bring another striker in, if we are and it improves us then yea sell him to The Stags, got to be worth £100,000.
Signed for six figure sum July 16. Steve Evans will backed by MTFC board? Goodbye KHemmings? 18/7 goals.

If memory serves me right, Kane was ploughing a lone furrow up front with his back constantly against the goal. Surely play to his strengths, ie in and around the penalty box. I think he is a good finisher in that respect. Anyway. could Mansfield afford a decent transfer fee. I doubt it.
You are on to something. In two previous season in SPL Hemmings had a goal ratio of 2:1. Maybe he needs crosses into him etc...vs. Mapp playing up to him to hold and distribute play AKA Wes Thomas.

Back
Top Bottom