Ex Player Kane Hemmings

It’s also weird how much is made about our successful cup runs over the last couple of years and how beneficial to the finances and moral they have been. Yet any goals scored in them are discounted as it’s only league goals u can judge a player by

He wasn’t playing in a formation that suited his game at all. Look at Danny hylton goals at l1 level , would u have him back ? Ive not even said we should recall him, just that pep saying he will wait and see is the right option. If we can get better then great
Not sure if Bury were in L1 in the 2013/14 season if not he hasn't scored in L1if they were he scored 2 in 7

Simple. Hemmings works in 442. Majority of his goals came from playing with a partner last season. Call him back if we are planning to stick to 442. Would mean we could spend more money on a winger instead of having to get a striker and winger in.

I think it's worth considering that we haven't really seen Hemmings partnered with a suitable second striker. It is quite possible (look at Thomas) that Obika could provide some space and support for Hemmings to score. There were a number of games last season where Hemmings was basically left to try and run at players or had balls lofted over the top to him by Lundstrum etc.

We have a player who has scored in L1 and who looks to be finding some form that we can recall. Leaving money in the bank for a wide player with a bit of pace!! There's just as much (if not more) of a gamble if we end up looking down the leagues for a striker who's scored a load but is unproven in L1, similarly if it is a young reserve player from the Championship or Premiership. It's also highly unlikely if not impossible that we will be signing a proven L1 or Championship striker in January. Teams won't want to sell and even if they did the prices would be ridiculous.

I'm not overly fussed either way but I do think there is merit in bringing him back.... If he even wants to come back?

Hemmings was nothing short of a disappointment here. Yes we didn’t always play to his strengths, but I think that’s largely due to the fact his ‘strengths’ are so few.

Additionally, I don’t think he’s exactly set the world alight at Mansfield (a team that seemingly does play to his so called strengths and is in the league below). A lot of their fans’ recent comments about him seem to be along the lines of ‘he’s starting to show what he’s about’. Which is the type of thing most of us kept on saying last year, but it just never really happened.

If Mansfield want to take him off our hands for a price that means we haven’t made a huge loss, I’m happy to let him go.

Still, I wish him all the best!

Gramma???????
Get a life mate, are you so bored at work you want a debate on the quality of English.
I simply give my views on the club.

Gramma???????
Get a life mate, are you so bored at work you want a debate on the quality of English.
I simply give my views on the club.

Arhhh so u never used the phrase

“Oh, and it's there are many possibilities, not is loads of possibilities. Oops sorry, to correct you again”

Wish people would rise above bickering so as to avoid the place becoming like a playground. If someone has irked you, you could always just ignore it and put the kettle on, rather than derail topics with petty squabbling.

Wish people would rise above bickering so as to avoid the place becoming like a playground. If someone has irked you, you could always just ignore it and put the kettle on, rather than derail topics with petty squabbling.

I just don’t see the point in it, I’m happy to take anyone’s opinion as different. But don’t see what the constant correcting of people’s spelling and gramma adds to it. If someone’s disagrees with what I’ve said Fine, but the way it’s written ?

Arhhh so u never used the phrase

“Oh, and it's there are many possibilities, not is loads of possibilities. Oops sorry, to correct you again”

When do you go back to school for the Spring term?

Do kindergartens get longer? With all the win this and that, I bet you’re a bundle of fun on a night out. Sad really ?
Bored with this now..

Jefferson Louis scored 13 in 21 appearances for Banbury before moving to Chesham. Might he be worth a look?

But in all seriousness, I think the hope is we can start signing players to improve the squad and not maintain it. Sadly for Kane I don't think he is an improvement on what we have. I don't know the details of the loan but I'm assuming a contribution of his wage is being paid, this free's up a bit of cash for someone else, if he comes back we take the full financial burden of the player which means less money elsewhere.

On balance I think he should stay at Macclesfield

He's at Mansfield

Jefferson Louis scored 13 in 21 appearances for Banbury before moving to Chesham. Might he be worth a look?

But in all seriousness, I think the hope is we can start signing players to improve the squad and not maintain it. Sadly for Kane I don't think he is an improvement on what we have. I don't know the details of the loan but I'm assuming a contribution of his wage is being paid, this free's up a bit of cash for someone else, if he comes back we take the full financial burden of the player which means less money elsewhere.

On balance I think he should stay at Macclesfield
or Mansfield Town FC

Hemmings was nothing short of a disappointment here. Yes we didn’t always play to his strengths, but I think that’s largely due to the fact his ‘strengths’ are so few.

Additionally, I don’t think he’s exactly set the world alight at Mansfield (a team that seemingly does play to his so called strengths and is in the league below). A lot of their fans’ recent comments about him seem to be along the lines of ‘he’s starting to show what he’s about’. Which is the type of thing most of us kept on saying last year, but it just never really happened.

If Mansfield want to take him off our hands for a price that means we haven’t made a huge loss, I’m happy to let him go.

Still, I wish him all the best!
Disappointed @ Barnsley when in L1.

Back
Top Bottom