Todd Kane Outburst

Didn't think the 48 hours had started yet...☹️

Luckily I was not at the game today, Jerome, nor was I listening...what was said in the interview?

Or does anyone have a link to it?

Just askin.

Very silly interview but I’m not so much worried about the immature comments regarding the ref...

What worries me is the comment about the players rolling up their sleeves if we’re still in trouble with 5 games remaining. They should be rolling up their bloody sleeves NOW! If we go down it will be due to the lack of leaders and real characters in the dressing room. They just don’t seem to have the bottle or fight for a relegation scrap. Pep must take a lot of responsibility for assembling such a mentally lightweight squad, but the players really need to look at themselves now and give absolutely everything to keep this club up, regardless of where they’ll end up in the summer. Time to show some professional pride lads.

Also the dig at IBR for not passing suggests a bunch of individuals not playing for the team.

Exactly what I thought about not needing to roll sleeves up and worry about relegation till last 4 or 5 games. It's that attitude that will see us dragged further into trouble. The players think they are to good to go down.

TK has scored two goals for us.
Both in away games and both after being culpable for two goals against us.
Still feel he has something to give, but obviously needs to be brought into line, on and off the field.

TK has scored two goals for us.
Both in away games and both after being culpable for two goals against us.
Still feel he has something to give, but obviously needs to be brought into line, on and off the field.

Culpable for the penalty? Poor decision ref.

He's made a mistake with his comments. He'll learn from it. No need to vilify the kid. I hope he stays as he looks to have a decent future at this level and possibly higher.

It looks like he is maybe trying to engineer his own departure. He will get a ban - just cannot say things about the referee to the media. Dont think we will see him in an Oxford short again.

I think OUFC need to make sure an apology of sorts is forthcoming. Something along the lines of ‘Whilst we believe that the referee’s decision was wrong to award the penalty, Todd Kane apologies unreservedly for his comments made after the game. Things said in the heat of the moment - and so on’.

It might go some way to preempting FA involvement.

Have we got anyone at the club to issue an apology, seems to me like most of them have gone.

• React
Reactions: Ian
There will definitely be an apology, or at the very least, a club statement.......It will be within 48 hours!

..or there might just be a deafening silence I suppose

?

There will definitely be an apology, or at the very least, a club statement.......It will be within 48 hours!

..or there might just be a deafening silence I suppose

?
Ah, but we are running on Thai time, where 48 hours could be 2 weeks or two months.

I don’t know who let Kane talk rather than Mousinho or a senior player should have been doing that interview rather than an angry and frustrated young player. I suppose that reflects the management issue within the club at present. Surely we will hear something on Monday.

It looks like he is maybe trying to engineer his own departure. He will get a ban - just cannot say things about the referee to the media. Dont think we will see him in an Oxford short again.
I don’t think so.. Despite his silly outburst I have to admit I loved the look he gave the ref after he scored.. ?

RO said they wanted to speak to mousinho but he was fuming and may have said something controversial so Kane came out instead

Back
Top Bottom