Ex Player Kane Hemmings

Bigfella72

So I’m pretty sure I had a discussion with another poster back when he signed for Burton but can’t find it?
Think we may of had a wager, pint or something as I said he’d get 15 goals this season, tbh thought Burton would be better but looks like he’s now on 13 from 22 games with a hat trick today. Would love to just check back over the conversation so I know I’m not losing my mind 🤣

13 goals in his last 18 League One games for a side who were flat bottom for a lot of those. He’s also got one of the best minutes per goal ratios in the league at one goal every 127 minutes.

Fair play to him. Sounds like he’s had a hell of a torrid time in recent years.

More importantly from our perspective does anyone know how Clare is getting on?

I'm.not sure he has played a huge amount as a box to box midfield player before but that is where Burton ate playing him.
I think he showed some promise in midfield. Do you think we will see him play for Oxford again?

I think he showed some promise in midfield. Do you think we will see him play for Oxford again?

Not under Karl he won't, he will end up getting shifted to cover right back again and not given the chance in midfield where he looked decent. We could sign Haryg Kane and Karl would stick him out on the wing. Clare is better off getting a move elsewhere and Karl needs to concentrate on buying players that will work in his system not trying to adapt players to it.

Not under Karl he won't, he will end up getting shifted to cover right back again and not given the chance in midfield where he looked decent. We could sign Haryg Kane and Karl would stick him out on the wing. Clare is better off getting a move elsewhere and Karl needs to concentrate on buying players that will work in his system not trying to adapt players to it.
Didn’t do enough for us though did he. Quickly shown the door as well which says it all.

Always thought Hemmings was a good striker, just never really worked for him here unfortunately

Didn’t do enough for us though did he. Quickly shown the door as well which says it all.

Not necessarily says it all. Not every player is going to suit Karl's system and a move to another club doesn't always work out. Karl won't change his system so needs to concentrate on buying players that can play his way.

Back
Top Bottom