Todd Kane Outburst

To be honest that interview was the most entertaining few minutes is an otherwise depressing afternoon of radio. At first I thoughtat least he got some passion but afterwards I wondered if it was more of a whinge than a rant.

Either way it will be a while before he's allowed anywhere near a microphone!

Idiotic behaviour. He's not a kid, he's 24 years old and would have vast media training at Chelsea. Needs to be dropped and then sent packing.

Idiotic behaviour. He's not a kid, he's 24 years old and would have vast media training at Chelsea. Needs to be dropped and then sent packing.
Disagree. He "needs", if that is the right verb to use, to apologise for his statement made directly following the game.

The club will also make some statement to the effect that he will be counselled and guided as to his future actions. He then puts on his shirt and turns out on Saturday as one of those who really does give a s**t about winning.

Have to say I find this reply rather sad - have you ever played for a team where your passion for the game bubbles over? Probably not I think.

I fully agree, but as others have said, he is 24, not 18, and would have had media training. The saddest thing is he was possibly going to sign permanently at the end of the season, but the part about giving it to the ref if he saw him, was a stupid thing to say. Hopefully it can be sorted quickly tomorrow, and he continues with us.

He's a young man with a lot to learn about how you manage what you feel and think. Just like most of us when we were his age I suspect. He made a mistake and simply needs to apologise and move on having gained a little bit of 'life learning'. Let's just leave it at that.

He is interviewed when tensions are high. I don’t blame him for saying what he really thinks. In fact it’s refreshing to have a passionate interview rather than the usual media happy lines.

As for his last sentence it is clear he laughs after it as they cut back and I think that was very tongue in cheek.

People can’t have it both ways. You either want the usual media cliche interviews or real passion from players in interviews.

Sorry but whilst we can say on live radio that the ref had a shocker, players can not do the same, even if they think it.

Saying the ref should be sacked will get him an FA suspension.

Saying if he sees the ref in the street.... that's going to get him a long suspension and a hefty fine, and possibly the end of his loan.

I'm not sure we'll see him in an Oxford shirt again, even though he has shown some real talent and passion.

I’d rather listen to Kane’s interview than faz’s, same old s**t different day, he didn’t seem to give a s**t about the penalty. Kane will probably be in trouble with Chelsea as well as oxford and the FA

What did he actually say? missed the interview
He said that the Ref should be sacked. Probably a fine by the FA.

Then, if he saw the ref on the street, he would "have him". Probably a warning/fine by OUFC or Chelski.

A very frustrated young man, if he was told by the ref hands a mistake in awarding the penalty, of course he’s going to be angry but Faz should have told him to keep his cool if he is interviewed.

But let not take anything from that if the ref admitted he made a mistake and at the end of the season the point he cost us could mean the difference of L1 or L2.

At least the ref held his hand up and said he was wrong, more than most. But unfortunately we didn't have any chances for him to pay us back i.e a penalty to us.

2 wrongs don't make a right, but this is the frustrating thing re. Ref's and subsequent players/managers post match comments.

the referees are sheltered and not accountable for their actions - he goes into his office after the game and has no press/media to deal with, the players are put straight infront of a camera/microphone. the ref will be officiating next weekend and no "public" achknoledgement that he got the decision wrong - and the FA wonder why there is so much disrespect from public/players/managers etc... i was under the impression there is a referess assessor at every game, who is monitoring these people as the standard up and down the country is appauling.

At least the ref held his hand up and said he was wrong, more than most. But unfortunately we didn't have any chances for him to pay us back i.e a penalty to us.
Id like to see,unlikely though it is, referee Christopher Sarginson publically admit to the massive error he made at kingsmeadow Saturday last.

Shan't be holding me breath though:unsure:

I am concerned that the ref even discussed it with him at half time. It’s hardly going to have helped his focus and I’m surprised Kane made it to full time as a consequence.

The ref by admitting he got it wrong shows that he didnt see the incident and guessed that it should have been a penalty. Making decisions by guesswork is a sackable offence. Im with Kane on this one,.

Back
Top Bottom