Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Chesterfield will want one of the biggest fees ever spent for a non-league player for Tshimanga, having spent circa 250k on him, and seen him score 22 goals in 25 games so far.

The "known" highest fees are below:
2012: Jamie Vardy - Fleetwood to Leicester -£1m
2020: Jack Taylor - Barnet to Peterborough - £500k (£1m with possible add-ons)
2012: Shaun Brisley - Macclesfield to Peterborough - £300k
2013: Joe Lolley - Kidderminster to Huddersfield - £300k
2007: George Boyd - Stevenage to Peterborough - £260k
2014: Marcus Maddison - Gateshead to Peterborough - £250k
2014: Lee Gregory - FC Halifax to Millwall - £250k

Yes we have a reasonable clout behind us, but that is a lot of money to spend on someone who has made 6 sub appearances in the football league so far in his career.
Do you see the common denominator here or a large percentage of it?

Good lad Yorkie. Keep smiling (y) .

Not good news about you Welsh boys not having ol Giggsy for the play-offs. Reckon you'll get over the line without him?
Thanks, you've made my day being called a lad and a boy at 78.

By the way, Eastwood is from the little town of Greetland where I now live.

I'm sure Defoe is still a decent player but is he much of an upgrade on Taylor, if at all? My worry, apart from him being 39 and not played this season, is that it wouldn't give us any more options apart from a like for like change with a different small striker who's a good finisher. We're very 1 dimensional and when the better teams figure that out we struggle, we're good enough to beat the physical teams who are crap like Fleetwood etc but crap teams don't make the playoffs, it's not much good getting there if it means we run into the same problems we always have with no way to change up our game.

Even KR mentioned after Blackpool we need more physicality and he's done nothing about it so far, I really hope that gets addressed ahead of Defoe.

We might be needing a centre-back.
Blackpool to recall Thorniley is what I'm hearing.
I always assume this could be an issue. Leaves us very short if it happens but quality wise I don't think he's a massive miss, he's just a decent League 1 centre back. I wouldn't want to include him in any negotiations with Blackpool, he wouldn't cut it in the Championship and I've got doubts over how much he'll help us get there.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom