Transfer News 2024 January Window Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would always prefer having a permanent GK specifically, there are always exceptions (like Beadle) but it is the most cyclical position as more often than not they will play almost every game, having to switch or rely on not losing those players becomes much trickier with loanees.

Also opens up the opportunity of having 5 outfield loanees in the squad.

Shame to lose Beadle if it happens but that rather sums up our last couple of months. We seem to be a bit of a punch bag of a football club at the moment!

Hopefully Brighton have done the decent thing and given us ample warning in order to replace him early in the window. Some might be happy with Eastwood for a few games but I’d be avoiding that at all costs, it terrifies me to think of him in this rather battered and bruised team. We don’t need a nervous energy at the back thrown in to the mix and goals flying in from anywhere. This is not a time to concede more sloppy goals with most of our attack watching from home.

A positive, though, is that I have absolute confidence in Waldron after the summer. I’m sure anything that could be done has been done and we’ll be prepared.

I'm sure he'd get over it. As would we. I'm not even sure he really appreciated the situation when he celebrated inappropriately tbh.
So he thought about it and next time scored against us again godes the fans... personally think a decent player but there are plenty of others out there, we will dig up a gem I'm sure who we have hardly heard of.
Smith on insta really does seem to dislike us so another reason to avoid for me.

We could see 4 of our 5 loanees leave this January depending on Edwards injury situation, least that leaves us with plenty of room to bring players in I suppose.

No such thing as a season long loan really, half season loans with an option to continue/break clause in reality, can’t base your season around them.

Shame about Beadle. But as others have said, always the danger. I'm not a big fan of a loanee keeper, unless you can guarantee a full season. I'm not itk, but I bet Beadle goes to Bristol City for the rest of the season. If Manning has a 'no poach' clause, it won't include loanees
It sounds as if Bristol C have a good keeper who suits Mannings style, so I would be surprised

Full rebuild in January then 😂

Anyone heard of a striker on loan in the champ getting a recall and coming to us?

I’m intrigued how January will play out, we undoubtedly did good business in the summer, hopefully this carries over

4 or 5 in and similar out do you reckon? That is a decent amount of business for a January transfer window, should keep us entertained on here.

Full rebuild in January then 😂

Anyone heard of a striker on loan in the champ getting a recall and coming to us?

I’m intrigued how January will play out, we undoubtedly did good business in the summer, hopefully this carries over
Not sure whether this is a teaser, but I assume this could mean Dane Scarlett?

Already appeared for Spurs I think
Was that a competitive game or preseason friendly?
Answering my own question:
45 minutes in the EFL Cup Second Round v Fulham.

So IF the three club rule is applied on a competition by competition basis, then Scarlett could play for another club in a league game or FA Cup game, but not the EFL Cup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom