Transfer News 2024 January Window Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
We DEFINITELY need:

Striker (obvious reasons)
Left back (backup for Leigh, Brown is much better at CB)
Central midfielder (don't think McEachran is good enough)

Perkins clearly isn't rated, so we may as well send him back. If we do, wouldn't mind us bringing in another young striker too.

Joe Taylor is the one I've been watching for a while. I wonder if Ladapo will be available. Equally Greg Docherty.

I think high end loans are the way to go in January along with development signings.

Interesting Manning mentioned Mehmeti being top of his list for January when he was here - not sure how that fits with the left sided players we already have, but off the back of Williams making a point of being cordial with Bristol City, is maybe one to look at.

Interesting that Manning suggested that he would have been after Mehmetti in January. Now he is at Bristol City, I assume that he will want to keep him!
A striker is obviously something that we need, as is back up in case Cam.is out.
Then I guess that it depends on injuries and loaners.
Is Browne going to get and remain fit. Will we be able to keep Edwards, Stevens Mills, Beadle?

Feel its time for a thread of its own now we are just a few weeks away, what do we need? For me:
A striker
A versatile wing back
A midfielder
Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I think we need a winger. Haven't seen enough from our wingers in the last few games. Murphy's been alright, looking forward to Edwards being fully back, but not seeing enough from Goodrham or Mills recently. Maybe it's just a phase.

Freddie Ladapo until the end of the season would do me with maybe a Lewis Bate style midfielder.

Couple of wingers (ideally with recurring injuries or a general lack of interest in being a footballer anymore) plus a generic ‘utility’ player who can fill in at CDM or left back (badly) should do the trick.

If one or ideally all of them have a relative who is somehow involved in the game then that’s perfection.

Couple of wingers (ideally with recurring injuries or a general lack of interest in being a footballer anymore) plus a generic ‘utility’ player who can fill in at CDM or left back (badly) should do the trick.

If one or ideally all of them have a relative who is somehow involved in the game then that’s perfection.
And a striker?

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I think we need a winger. Haven't seen enough from our wingers in the last few games. Murphy's been alright, looking forward to Edwards being fully back, but not seeing enough from Goodrham or Mills recently. Maybe it's just a phase.

Browne will hopefully be back soon too - and if we bring in a striker then we can use Harris out wide as well (which is probably a better position for him). Would be a bit extravagant to add another winger unless someone leaves......

I think my priority list would be:

1) Striker
2) CM to back up Cam
3) Back up striker (with Perkins going back to Leeds)

Defense is looking thin at the moment because we have a couple of injuries, but once Long and Leigh return, we're actually pretty well set there (for once). Though obviously would have to replace Stevens if Brentford recalled him.

Striker x 2 if not using Perkins if so then 1
Centre midfielder
Winger
If any loans go back to replace

Someone like Jonathan Afolabi would be worth a crack. Rumoured at 300k so comfortably under our 400k annual offer.

Last edited:
1) Oh lord, it isn't even December! I have only just recovered from the summer transfer thread

2) Is Stevens being recalled something on the cards? People are talking as if it is, not sure if it is speculative or informed by something

Someone like Jonathan Afolabi would be worth a crack. Rumoured at 300k so comfortably under our 400k annual offer.
If we are after 2 strikers, somebody with that profile wouod be worth a go. Not sure that he would come in as first alternative to Harris?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom