Transfer News January 2023 Transfer window thread

Fence End podcast?

I heard that & was in utter disbelief has stupid it came across.
I was equally annoyed listening to Robyn Cowen on The Dub saying you can’t ignore the good times just because it’s ended pretty terribly.

Erm… yes you f*****g well can, to a point. Any manager, in any sector and in any industry, has a responsibility to leave things better off than when they found them. Or at least not drastically worse. That is your legacy. Your legacy can only be defined after your departure. He’s managed to leave us in an even worse league position than when he arrived, with an ageing and unbalanced squad and a fan base that has been increasingly broken and divided for months on end, despite walking into a mess to begin with. I’m fine with people saying they had some lovely times, saw some great football, big moments, all of that. Absolutely, that stuff doesn’t disappear and it did exist. It happened and it felt great. Its existence is not in question - fully on board with looking back fondly on those times in the moment. But anybody who wants to use them as some sort of get out of jail free card, or wants to point to that representing legacy, does not understand the meaning of the word.

He came, he made it better, he burned it all to the ground and he fucked off.

I was equally annoyed listening to Robyn Cowen on The Dub saying you can’t ignore the good times just because it’s ended pretty terribly.

Erm… yes you f*****g well can, to a point. Any manager, in any sector and in any industry, has a responsibility to leave things better off than when they found them. Or at least not drastically worse. That is your legacy. Your legacy can only be defined after your departure. He’s managed to leave us in an even worse league position than when he arrived, with an ageing and unbalanced squad and a fan base that has been increasingly broken and divided for months on end, despite walking into a mess to begin with. I’m fine with people saying they had some lovely times, saw some great football, big moments, all of that. Absolutely, that stuff doesn’t disappear and it did exist. It happened and it felt great. Its existence is not in question - fully on board with looking back fondly on those times in the moment. But anybody who wants to use them as some sort of get out of jail free card, or wants to point to that representing legacy, does not understand the meaning of the word.

My sentiments exactly, I will look at Robinsons reign no better than Clotet, neither achieved anything and both left the club in a mess, sure some of the stuff in between was great but you can't ignore the trail of destruction in the last 18 months.

Probably doesn't help I thought the guy was a acrimonious little pr*ck mind you :rolleyes:

Just hope whoever we employ as head team coach/manager reiterates Robinsons comment he made last Friday that a major overhaul is needed in the summer, and whoever it maybe has target lined up soon as so as to act in replacing them as early as possible and not follow the Robbo route and wait until the last possible moment in bringing them in.

Great summary … apart from the last sentence, which suggests it was his decision.
Actually, he was TOLD to f**k off.

Sound familiar? Comment on last nights Arsenal v Everton

"Everton held their own for 40 minutes but even when they got into threatening positions they lacked any sort of bite.

They have not scored more than once for 15 games, the last time coming in a 3-0 win against Crystal Palace on 22 October.

It makes the decision to go through the January transfer window without adding a striker, indeed without adding anyone, look even more like negligence on the part of the club's hierarchy, including director of football Kevin Thelwell.

And the manner in which Everton collapsed once they went behind, showing a complete lack of confidence and self-belief, is a serious worry for Dyche and their long-term Premier League prospects."

Tuesday morning.... any information on who's favoured at this stage?

Can we say with some confidence, the board are down to the last two or three candidates?

Or are we miles off (in Spain, with Robbie Fowler, on Teams while drinking cocktails) ?
If my understanding is correct, someone has posted on the next manager thread that RO saying the process is now concluded and announcement should be made in the next 48 hours.

Marriott scored 9 goals in the Championship last season. He's suffered a bit this season due to Peterborough's formation and Clarke-Harris as main man.

He is exactly what we needed IMO. A proven,experienced, league 1 goal getter.

Unfortunately we aren't operating in the same sphere of ambition as Fleetwood, and that's fine. We shot our load in the summer. But let's not say he's a bad signing. I predict at least 10 goals between now and the end of the season.
A hat trick again today for Marriott. He would have scored the goals to keep us up, no doubt.

I'm reminded of those who told me, on this very thread, that Smith and Konate were much better signings.

Shocking, shocking January.

What ever happened to Konate? Signed for us in Jan. Played a few games and then got dropped from the squad when Short took over. No official comms from the club to confirm his status. Is he still with us? Has he gone back to the parent club?

What ever happened to Konate? Signed for us in Jan. Played a few games and then got dropped from the squad when Short took over. No official comms from the club to confirm his status. Is he still with us? Has he gone back to the parent club?

He was injured not that long ago but don't know about now.

He’s available.

Take from that what you will.

Back
Top Bottom