Transfer News January 2021/22 Transfer Window

Or, my own particular favourite, pulling his marker's shirt, and then falling over and pretending he'd been fouled. Giving away a free kick and then arguing about it for thirty seconds. I'm sure he was very bouncy in the dressing room, but on the pitch he was a waste of time. My heart sank every time he trundled on.
His shithousery is overstated as well. Taylor is more than capable of putting it about, a competent League 1 defender would generally have a very comfortable afternoon against Mackie. Taylor actually wins the occasional header, can control a ball to feet and shield it, drops deeper, runs behind and wide, has a bit of pace and has very sharp movement in the box, all of which is hard to play against. Mackie would give none of those problems, but would probably tell you that your mum's a slag.

I'll give him his dues though, it was a funny video he did.

I know KR has his style of footballers and play, but I honestly thought after the Blackpool defeat he recognised our lack of power and physicality in the team, yet again in the summer he didn’t follow these learnings. I really hope in this window he addresses it. I think the most important players we need are a physical and experienced CDM to allow Cam and Kane to play their natural game and also a strong physical striker to hold up play and get more from our wide players ((plus getting a few goals!)..focus on the type of player we need not get distracted by a Defoe becoming available..

Just a hypothetical question but if people had a choice who would they prefer?

A) An ageing player with great pedigree: Jermain Defoe

B) A good solid and, presumably, fully fit proven league 1 striker: Cole Stockton

C) An unproven but exciting prospect: Kabongo Tshimanga

B) A good solid and, presumably, fully fit proven league 1 striker: Cole Stockton

Well if we play with a front 3...

I would see that as 2 choices, as I believe that if you go for A, you should also be going for C as it would offer a bit of immediate improvement alongside future improvement. I'd still probably go B, mind...

I’m a bit concerned we’re a little light on ‘assets’ compared to previous years. We have Matty Taylor so C. In other positions it would be B.

If there is a player who can play at that level, on our doorstep, that we don't sign then it can't have been the correct decision, especially as Matty T aside we haven't had a great strikers signing record tbh
That's a major assumption and his playing record to date suggests that he can't play at that level. He has made 6 appearances at League One level in his career albeit when he was young, no goals. Since then he has played no league games - they have all been at Conference Premier level or below. His scoring record at those levels is practically the same goals per game as Beano.

Beano was a superb Conference striker but does anyone really want to suggest that he'd have made it in the Premier League or Championship? When he moved up with us to League Two, his goals per game practically halved.

The best of luck to him if he's signed by a big club and he may prove me wrong but based on the available facts, I suspect he won't.

I know KR has his style of footballers and play, but I honestly thought after the Blackpool defeat he recognised our lack of power and physicality in the team, yet again in the summer he didn’t follow these learnings. I really hope in this window he addresses it. I think the most important players we need are a physical and experienced CDM to allow Cam and Kane to play their natural game and also a strong physical striker to hold up play and get more from our wide players ((plus getting a few goals!)..focus on the type of player we need not get distracted by a Defoe becoming available..
The problem is, against dross like Wimbledon and Fleetwood (and most of the league for that matter) we can just outpass them and make our superior ability count. But when we come up against teams that match us ability-wise and have the edge over us physically we barely ever get a result. It was the same all last season and again this season. It's why getting out of the play-offs is so difficult. When was the last time we actually beat a top team in form, that were above us in the league at the point that game was played?

I love watching us play and am fully behind KR as Manager but maybe we need to change things slightly. It is difficult though because let's be honest, most technically skilled players that are also physical are playing at a higher level, or for clubs with bigger budgets than we have at the moment.

The problem is, against dross like Wimbledon and Fleetwood (and most of the league for that matter) we can just outpass them and make our superior ability count. But when we come up against teams that match us ability-wise and have the edge over us physically we barely ever get a result. It was the same all last season and again this season. It's why getting out of the play-offs is so difficult. When was the last time we actually beat a top team in form, that were above us in the league at the point that game was played?

I love watching us play and am fully behind KR as Manager but maybe we need to change things slightly. It is difficult though because let's be honest, most technically skilled players that are also physical are playing at a higher level, or for clubs with bigger budgets than we have at the moment.
A very fair point, it was a problem last year and it's continued this year. Our PPG against the current top 6 teams is 0.85 but it's 1.95 against the rest of the table.

That's a major assumption and his playing record to date suggests that he can't play at that level. He has made 6 appearances at League One level in his career albeit when he was young, no goals. Since then he has played no league games - they have all been at Conference Premier level or below. His scoring record at those levels is practically the same goals per game as Beano.

Beano was a superb Conference striker but does anyone really want to suggest that he'd have made it in the Premier League or Championship? When he moved up with us to League Two, his goals per game practically halved.

The best of luck to him if he's signed by a big club and he may prove me wrong but based on the available facts, I suspect he won't.
But that is why beano was not taken higher as his skills didn't suit.
We have been league one anyway and could have had him as an option rather than Dan Ageyi BTW or any of our forwards recently .
21 goals in 22 games is extremely good

But that is why beano was not taken higher as his skills didn't suit.
We have been league one anyway and could have had him as an option rather than Dan Ageyi BTW or any of our forwards recently .
21 goals in 22 games is extremely good
It absolutely is but it's just half a season's return and also a lot better return than he has produced in previous seasons. As previously stated, he may prove me wrong and you right but based on the nearest player comparator that I know of and can find, I don't think he will.

A very fair point, it was a problem last year and it's continued this year. Our PPG against the current top 6 teams is 0.85 but it's 1.95 against the rest of the table.
I have it as Lincoln in March last year.

BBC transfer gossip reporting "One Premier League side and a number of Championship clubs are interested in 24-year-old English striker Kabongo Tshimanga, who has scored 21 goals in 22 appearances for National League side Chesterfield this season."
Might have missed a trick there.....
Another one?

It absolutely is but it's just half a season's return and also a lot better return than he has produced in previous seasons. As previously stated, he may prove me wrong and you right but based on the nearest player comparator that I know of and can find, I don't think he will.
Let's wait and see I guess, seems a player though

There's no way we weren't 100% aware of him at every stage in his career.

For whatever reason we just plainly didn't fancy him.

Back
Top Bottom