Transfer News January 2023 Transfer window thread

What will we get? Who will we get?

Lewis Bate permanently would be nice.
An effective striker, Paul Mullin from Wrexham, would help our cause too. Has a Liverpool connection too.
And a return for those on the treatment table

What do we actually need? For the first time this season I’m not sure any kind of Goalkeeper or Defender is essential such is the improvement in current player form. That’s unless a top long term target becomes available. Then I could see us doing something.

What does that leave? A Striker (young loan player), and a wide player (most likely a loan too). Joseph will be back soon as so maybe it’s someone who can play in both roles.

In terms of permanent signings we absolutely need an alternative to Marcus McGuane (especially now that AG is injured).

What we don’t want is new signings limiting game time for Goodrham and Odonkor.

What do we actually need? For the first time this season I’m not sure any kind of Goalkeeper or Defender is essential such is the improvement in current player form. That’s unless a top long term target becomes available. Then I could see us doing something.

What does that leave? A Striker (young loan player), and a wide player (most likely a loan too). Joseph will be back soon as so maybe it’s someone who can play in both roles.

In terms of permanent signings we absolutely need an alternative to Marcus McGuane (especially now that AG is injured).

What we don’t want is new signings limiting game time for Goodrham and Odonkor.
I can't really believe I'm saying this, but we need a winger. We saw against Charlton how transformative it is for us to have a genuine wide player in Murphy who can beat a man with pace and skill before delivering quality into the box. As talented as Marcus Browne is, I think we can safely now say that he isn't that player. Murphy's fitness clearly isn't reliable so we need an alternative. Wildschut is a different kind of player who we have to hope gets his pace back.

It leaves us in a bit of a conundram with Browne. I'd like to see him in a front two with Taylor.

Three positions I think needs looking at RW we need a pacy winger who can get past players and who also knows where the goal is ... LB I think we need a new LB so brown can move into CB where I think he'd be our best defender....CDM we've needed one of these for ages so hopefully we can find one this window... I don't want any new players taking the place of TG and G,OD as I think these lads deserve their place in the squad

This idea that we need a new Left Back is wrong imo. Brown has been brilliant in that role, and as long as we have someone who gets forward well on the right then he’s ideal for us.

Im also not sure that he would be better at CB is unproven for us there and he doesn’t actually suit our style as he can’t carry the ball like past successful CBs have.

At a time when budgets will be limited, why would we sign a left back?

Maybe if Seddon goes we would get a youngster in who offers something different to Brown. Otherwise there are more important positions.

I can't really believe I'm saying this, but we need a winger. We saw against Charlton how transformative it is for us to have a genuine wide player in Murphy who can beat a man with pace and skill before delivering quality into the box. As talented as Marcus Browne is, I think we can safely now say that he isn't that player. Murphy's fitness clearly isn't reliable so we need an alternative. Wildschut is a different kind of player who we have to hope gets his pace back.

It leaves us in a bit of a conundram with Browne. I'd like to see him in a front two with Taylor.
Me either, but think it’s right. Just worry that Goodrham is a couple of good games from being in contention for more regular starts. If we gets pushed further down the order he needs a loan.

Simply like this first 4 signings need to be:

Left Back & move on Seddon
DCM for an alternative to MM & Gorrin being out
RW & move on Jones
CF for Baldock who’s more likely to retire

(4 players who are not part of this team short term or long term need upgrading: Seddon never been the player we thought we might get, Gorrin should of gone last summer with an upgrade in his position lucky MM has fitted that role nicely, Jones who never plays any minutes & sadly Baldock hasn’t worked out fitness wise it will be 10 months since his last game he played for us)

We need someone proven who can get us goals at this level Jack Marriott, Marcus Bonne, Tyler Walker are all available & capable of doing that.

When is Kyle Joseph back on The Grass? Feels like we’ve not heard owt for a while on his return.

Back
Top Bottom