I've renewed my Season Ticket official thread

Yeah, sorry to drag things back on track, but I've just bought mine too.

My motives for doing so are unclear.

The OX4LIFE package in 2015 was for under 13's not 15 year olds.

Okay fair enough, accept I got that bit wrong.

Looking at a comparison of prices though, there has still been a late increase for teenagers since the 15/16 season.

For under 13s, the price has increased by an average of £95 across the stadium (excluding the cost of a shirt which they previously got for free), and the prices from 14-18 year olds has increased as follows:

Family stand +£25
SSL + £16
SSU + £85 - £135
East Stand - £9
North Stand + £16

So an average of £35 across the stadium. Perhaps I'm particularly aware of the increase to the SSU because that's where I sit, but I still maintain that the club should do more to attract younger fans, specifically teenagers that will soon become full paying adults.

Okay fair enough, accept I got that bit wrong.

Looking at a comparison of prices though, there has still been a late increase for teenagers since the 15/16 season.

For under 13s, the price has increased by an average of £95 across the stadium (excluding the cost of a shirt which they previously got for free), and the prices from 14-18 year olds has increased as follows:

Family stand +£25
SSL + £16
SSU + £85 - £135
East Stand - £9
North Stand + £16

So an average of £35 across the stadium. Perhaps I'm particularly aware of the increase to the SSU because that's where I sit, but I still maintain that the club should do more to attract younger fans, specifically teenagers that will soon become full paying adults.

It is not you they need to be attractive to. You are already filling a seat with an adult ticket and I presume carry on paying the increased price for your lad?

I think you overestimate the draw of the SSU to the 13-18 year old age range.

Maybe it would be uncool to sit in the North Stand for £75 a season but the East Stand is just £110. That's a couple of Playstation games...

FYI - A few seasons ago we had four very good adult seats in the SSU on the half way line. We have moved over to the back of the family stand where the view is actually very good and facilities much better for the children.

There are plenty of options for fans and I am glad the club are making the most of those willing and able to pay a premium.

It is not you they need to be attractive to. You are already filling a seat with an adult ticket and I presume carry on paying the increased price for your lad?

Maybe it would be uncool to sit in the North Stand for £75 a season but the East Stand is just £110. That's a couple of Playstation games...

FYI - A few seasons ago we had four very good adult seats in the SSU on the half way line. We have moved over to the back of the family stand where the view is actually very good and facilities much better for the children.

There are plenty of options for fans and I am glad the club are making the most of those willing and able to pay a premium.

It’s a shame your solution is to move after 18 years!

Shame the club doesn’t recognise those existing fans that supported them through some really shite/dire times. And last season wasn’t the greatest of adverts.

Last edited:

It’s a shame your solution is to move after 18 years!

Shame the club doesn’t recognise those existing fans that supported them through some really shite/dire times. And last season wasn’t the greatest of adverts.

What like with 2x £10 vouchers, not increasing ticket prices and introducing a new membership scheme? Yeah why don’t they recognise us Sean? There is still the fact that even 18 years ago the ssu was more expensive than all other areas in the stadium. That is still true and all areas, across all ages have seen an increase. But what they club have done is given an alternative at a very much reduced rate.

What like with 2x £10 vouchers, not increasing ticket prices and introducing a new membership scheme? Yeah why don’t they recognise us Sean? There is still the fact that even 18 years ago the ssu was more expensive than all other areas in the stadium. That is still true and all areas, across all ages have seen an increase. But what they club have done is given an alternative at a very much reduced rate.

And I didn’t even put any bait on the hook!

Well, I've just gone and spent my first £10 on a mug from the online shop. Cost just £2.95 for a bit of the postage after deducting it. Not bad. I'll use the other £10 to make the new shirt a bit less ludicrously expensive.

Well, I've just gone and spent my first £10 on a mug from the online shop. Cost just £2.95 for a bit of the postage after deducting it. Not bad. I'll use the other £10 to make the new shirt a bit less ludicrously expensive.

Bet you’re glad you got those vouchers!

Back
Top Bottom