England v Italy EURO 2020 Cup Final

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Sadly nothing that has subsequently been posted changes my views.

There remains a huge amount of ignorance from some, and the desperation to justify their positions is almost laughable.
Be careful you don’t crack your shell, falling from your oh so very high horse…

So do you think that when players are taking the knee they are thinking of Sasha Johnson?

Now, I very much doubt it.

Again, go back to the restart of football in the UK.

Banners in stadiums said BLM at the very same time BLM marches were taking place across the UK. Even Tyrone Mings was part of one in Birmingham.

In the weeks and months to come. BLM were outed for what they were, a very dangerous movement who had influenced plenty.

Their beliefs, on a BLM March, the flags on the Cenotaph that were attempted to be set on fire by a protester. Why was that?

You can’t rewrite history, you need to learn from it.

Imagine the news today and Monday if someone set alight a memorial to let’s say Marcus Rashford ? Can you imagine the news, social media.

Again I go back to Kick it out.

These high profile pro footballers, celebs, politicians, put the focus into them. They are still out their. They released a very good statement in the back of Sunday.

I’ve read it. No doubt the vast majority of you haven’t.

It takes searching for. It’s not been over populated by social media or carries by the MSM yet it carries the same message.

Maybe one of the hero’s from Sunday could get behind that message and work with KIO to stamp out racism in English football.

The best way to stop racism in football is for people to stop being f*****g racist!!!! Simple really!!!

My point is, I am entitled to do so. Whether I do or not, is down to me and my own personal choice. We’re at the thin end of the wedge if we are silencing anything/anyone that even remotely opposes something that they don’t believe in! Right now, society is becoming very Orwellian in that regard.
There’s a substantial difference between articulating your opinion in a reasoned way and actively disrupting the rights of someone else to demonstrate theirs. I don’t doubt for a second that you feel extremely strongly about BLM and all of the associated stuff that goes with it, and yes, you are completely entitled to express your views. But not at someone else’s expense in my opinion, which is what you are doing unfortunately. I am not suggesting that you are a racist, however your actions embolden and enable people who are. I’d not want that on my conscience.

Now, I very much doubt it.

Again, go back to the restart of football in the UK.

Banners in stadiums said BLM at the very same time BLM marches were taking place across the UK. Even Tyrone Mings was part of one in Birmingham.

In the weeks and months to come. BLM were outed for what they were, a very dangerous movement who had influenced plenty.

Their beliefs, on a BLM March, the flags on the Cenotaph that were attempted to be set on fire by a protester. Why was that?

You can’t rewrite history, you need to learn from it.

Imagine the news today and Monday if someone set alight a memorial to let’s say Marcus Rashford ? Can you imagine the news, social media.

Again I go back to Kick it out.

These high profile pro footballers, celebs, politicians, put the focus into them. They are still out their. They released a very good statement in the back of Sunday.

I’ve read it. No doubt the vast majority of you haven’t.

It takes searching for. It’s not been over populated by social media or carries by the MSM yet it carries the same message.

Maybe one of the hero’s from Sunday could get behind that message and work with KIO to stamp out racism in English football.

You can't rewrite history, but neither do you need to be defined by it.

I don't see anyone defending certain individuals and their abhorrent acts whilst acting under the banner of BLM.

I also don't see why it's impossible to accept that taking the knee has become distinct from BLM.

So all the work over the years on racism count for nothing?

That one line is enough to say to everyone to take a knee despite what happened a year or so ago.

Taking a knee will solve it all will it?

Do you not agree with the message kick it out have been carrying over the years to stop racism in football?

Why the need to deflect? Why go all the way to take the knee?

Notice nobody has answered my point about PL players in the euros not taking the knee.

On that. Why did OUFC stop and start towards the end of the season?? Tv cameras about by any chance?

Last edited:

I don't see anyone defending certain individuals and their abhorrent acts whilst acting under the banner of BLM.

I also don't see why it's impossible to accept that taking the knee has become distinct from BLM.

Shall we ask Lewis Hamilton?

Where’s his BLM T-shirt’s gone? How about the raised fist in support of BLM?

Mainly because it’s still remaining. You can’t suddenly shift narrative because it suits. You either believe what you’re kneeling for or you don’t.

Because people got found out for their true beliefs doesn’t mean you then change the reasoning behind the taking.

No wonder Zaha said what he did.

Someone doesn’t share your beliefs so they should be banned from attending an event that they have paid to attend? Do you live in North Korea?
So you can be racist all you like but you won’t get banned! Youre talking bollox, ban them for life.

So if some of those who boo taking the knee "get found out for their true beliefs" (ie they are out and out racists), will you stop booing to disassociate yourselves from them?

Why didn’t Kasper Schmicheal take the knee at Wembley v England when he has done all season for Leicester?

Has he suddenly ti changed his mind after being with Denmark for 3/4 weeks?

Will he take a knee next season?

Why won’t anyone ask this question ??
Did he boo those talking the knee?

So all the work over the years on racism count for nothing?

That one line is enough to say to everyone to take a knee despite what happened a year or so ago.

Taking a knee will solve it all will it?

Do you not agree with the message kick it out have been carrying over the years to stop racism in football?

Why the need to deflect? Why go all the way to take the knee?

Notice nobody has answered my point about PL players in the euros not taking the knee.

On that. Why did OUFC stop and start towards the end of the season?? Tv cameras about by any chance?

Why does taking the knee diminish previous efforts?

Why is it contradicting what Kick It Out have done?

How do you expect anyone on here to know why PL players didn't take the knee at the Euros? Why does it matter anyway?

Did he kneel? Will he do so for Leicester if the PL carry this on?

Is that not worth asking?

Will he became a hypocrite?

Why would he be a hypocrite?

Does he not have the right to choose?

Back
Top Bottom