England charged by Uefa over laser pointer ....

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members

Pete Burrett

Uefa has charged England after a laser pointer was directed at Denmark goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel during Wednesday's Euro 2020 semi-final.

Television pictures showed a green light on Schmeichel's face just before Harry Kane took an extra-time penalty.

The English FA has also been charged after the Danish national anthem was 'disrupted' and fireworks were set off.

I have to say it always embarrasses me to hear England fans booing the national anthems of other countries, although I'm sure our fans are not the only ones who do it.

As for the laser pointer incident, how ignorant and, potentially, how stupid should England be fined because of it.

Uefa has charged England after a laser pointer was directed at Denmark goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel during Wednesday's Euro 2020 semi-final.

Television pictures showed a green light on Schmeichel's face just before Harry Kane took an extra-time penalty.

The English FA has also been charged after the Danish national anthem was 'disrupted' and fireworks were set off.

I have to say it always embarrasses me to hear England fans booing the national anthems of other countries, although I'm sure our fans are not the only ones who do it.

As for the laser pointer incident, how ignorant and, potentially, how stupid should England be fined because of it.
Agree. Some fans have been booing anthems all the way through. England fans always used to do this but it stopped for a few years and now it's embarrassingly back..

I fail to see though how blame can be apportioned to anyone other than the offender.

I'm sure CCTV is being scrutinised to find the perpetrator with the laser pen and a ban etc incoming.

Is there not the technology for tracing the trajectory of a laser beam to its source? Surely the Army do as lasers have a role in modern warfare.

As proud I am of the team for this tournament, England isn't half full of idiotic fans. Booing the opposition anthems is extremely disrespectful, no way around it. It's a part of the reason that England is a widely disliked nation in football. Hope they find the dick with the laser and ban him for life.

As proud I am of the team for this tournament, England isn't half full of idiotic fans. Booing the opposition anthems is extremely disrespectful, no way around it. It's a part of the reason that England is a widely disliked nation in football. Hope they find the dick with the laser and ban him for life.

We aren't the only ones who do it.

Idiot. Hope he’s found and charged and banned from football for a minimum of 5 years.

Every England away game I have ever watched, whether on TV or in attendance, has seen the home fans boo our national anthem.

Right or wrong, it's not an English thing, it's just football fans and tribalism.

Every England away game I have ever watched, whether on TV or in attendance, has seen the home fans boo our national anthem.

Right or wrong, it's not an English thing, it's just football fans and tribalism.
Exactly when it's england fans it's made a big thing of yet I think Russian and Italian fans have been worse before etc and nothing made it rascism etc.

Wouldn't join in myself but surely booing national anthems is all part of the pantomime? Who can really get upset about our/their song being booed?

The laser pointer was an absolute dickhead action though.

Are they specifically banned from stadia?

We've been the worst at it by far this tournament (not helped by being at home so often). Just because others do it doesn't make it ok for us to. Everyone that does it is a disrespectful dick.

I didn't say it was ok. You talked about us being disliked and this being one of the reasons so for counter balance I pointed out others did it as well so can only assume they are disliked for it as well.

• React
Reactions: ljs
Back
Top Bottom